Crysis Tech Engine 2007 clip

Permabanned
What a game engine. Imagine a GTA game using this engine.

I am going to start saving the pounds for the beast of a graphics card (or two) that I am going to need. Oh, and some air conditioning units to cool the monster of a rig need to play these games.

Fantastic.

Soldato
Gashman said:
yeah, does anyone have any idea how much graphics power this is gonna require to run, no way thats gonna run nicely without some monster graphics card, saying that though, remember how shockingly well far cry ran on systems you wouldn't have expected with the way it looked, crytek made a great engine with far cry, who knows maybe crysis will be another 'how the hell is this running on my system!? :eek:' sort of game

when i first ran farcry it was on a gf3 ti 200 64mb card. and i was shocked to say the least to see the game run. the gfx were stunning at the time and the gf3 had never shown a game like that before.
farcry is pc programming at its best. i rekon crysis may be the same and run a heck of a lot faster than crap like ghost recon, oblivion, call of juarez or rainbow 6 vegas.

Permabanned
I hope so, because at the moment I can't afford to put a new PC built around DX10 together. I'm hoping this one will at least allow me to play Crysis at some half decent level of playability.

Soldato
Probably wont see this game untill the end of the summer, september or something anyway, plenty of time to save up for an upgrade :D .
Going by the nuke at the end im guessing everyone will need a physics card :)

Soldato
Trox said:
Going by the nuke at the end im guessing everyone will need a physics card :)
You guess wrong, game wont use physX cards. Extra cores on the CPU are utilised to offload physics and AI i believe if you have them.

Associate
When that guy on that rope bridge got hit by those barrels, i actually shouted PWND really loudly! :D

the thing with that sunrise is that Halo had similar effects when you looked at the sun through the trees, it had light beams. Far Cry had light beams but not on thie scale of cryengine 2. What hasn't this engine got? It's got realtime particle effects, rope physics, soft particles, soft shadows, 3D Oceans (Which i can not wait to see in the game itself), breakable vegetation, parallex occlusion mapping, volumetric lighting, depth of field, motion blur, dynamic day/night cycle, Long range view (so no more crappy smothness textures on hills miles away), advanced shaders, component vehicle damage, breakable buildings, and so many other things. And that's just the physics and graphics, i bet i probably missed something from the list as well.

This best have support for X-Fi, or 192Khz output! ;)

And everyone saying that they're gonna need mega hardware to run it, the CEO of crytek did say about 2 months ago that it would run on 2-3 year old hardware. Obviously, to run at best, you'll need vista, a DX10 compatible card (so an 8800GTS minimum, or when they're released, an 8600GTS), Vista for DX10, and a few gig of ram. Obviously, it'll run on 512mb, but not well, it's probably gonna be about 1.5Gb or 2Gb as the recommended spec. There's an interview somewhere at IGN where he says it will run on 2-3 year old hardware.

Also, is it me or is this looking better by the day?

And last thing, judging that CryEngine 2 is complete, i'm guessing Crysis won't be too far behind, for all we know, it could be next month when it's released! They must just be finishing off all the content for the game, cleaning up the code/removing god knows how many remarks they put into it, and optimising it. Remember, it's probably not even optimised code yet so it'll run better than we're expecting i'm guessing.

Back
Top Bottom