Crytek in danger of bankruptcy

Maximum Bugger!

:D

2nu3rqg.jpg

Last edited:
Can you really blame them though? They have to go where the money is, especially with company that size. Pointless making PC games for a niche crowd when the potential to make 40 times as much exists elsewhere.

but they failed still.

If they just concentrated on PC gaming and released a PC game once every 3 years on a small dev team like 100 people they wont be bankcrupt.

Look at BIS who make Arma games. Doing fine at the moment.

If you got 800 people in your company, they should be releasing much more games

Unfortunately Crysis wasn't much of a shooter.....FACT, his movements were way too slow...it's like he had lead boots on all the time, he's even slow with the suit working :eek:.

they targeted advanced graphics as their priority, at the expense of the actual game..they got it the wrong way around

to be fair that's only the UK subsidiary.. no reason why that has to be a revenue generating operation... didn't look at the filled accounts.. but I would bet my 2p that its just a shell to employee in the UK and that's all your really seeing there is the employment cost of their UK sub.. noting of any merit going through it

I guess considering the price of their source code, it was more about exporting the engine and the games were a tech demo to show the engine off, cos, to be fair, it's polished as hell. It ain't just pwetty gwaphics going on there.

honestly haven't liked any Crytek games except Far Cry. Crysis was pretty to look at but otherwise pretty boring, and sequels just progressively got worse

not a great loss imo

Completely agree with this. Far Cry was excellent, though it was overshadowed by Half Life 2 at the time (unjustly imho). Other companies have developed the free roaming bits of Far Cry with moderate success - though the original vision does seem to be coming to fruition (Far Cry 3 developing on 2).

But I found the Crysis games very uninvolving.

Now reporting that 30 staff from the UK office were let go, the UK office working on Homefront, with some of those staff rumoured to have moved to the company making Star Citizen. So sounds like they are trying to find jobs to shift people into if possible which is better than nothing, but they are pushing people out the door now. Apparently that is 30 of around 130 staff.

Reports saying they only paid some devs £700 for the month and late.... but then they deny they are skint. Are they trying to push people out so they leave of their own accord? Constructive dismissal type job?

It is a shame..... i've got a soft spot for Crytek Nottingham because they use to be Free Radical.

Just look at this though... http://www.crytek.com/career/studios/overview/nottingham

Got a list of job perks.

Screwed over there core market, now going out of business.

Not really surprising, maybe they should have stuck with the PC guys and made a decent Crysis sequel rather than running over to the console crowd and finding they don't even like Crysis 2.
Of course the obligatory, blame the pirates excuse also did not help, own up to your failures if it was good people would have bought it, i knew it was a console focused COD clone and avoided it until it was down to a price that reflects the effort they put into it.

With such financial problems i guess they will try to rush Homefront out to try to save themselves?

Having 800 odd staff and about three games in development isn't sustainable.

They sell themselves as a ready to go developer and pitch for projects with the main publishers. Not a sustainable business model.

If you look at EA or Ubisoft, they generally take on contractors after the game is penned and keep the good ones to join other studios they've swallowed up.

They will finish Homefront, but they will have to drastically downsize soon.

Back
Top Bottom