CS:GO Discussion

Associate
I've been reading that the new MM changes to stop or limit smerfs are making it difficult for mixed rank friends to play. I hear that if 4 GNs play with 1 MGE then all the opposition will be MGE, being the highest rank than the average. If so, will this impact upon people wanting to group will lower ranks. Seems a shame to me if this is the way they have done it.

Soldato
I've been reading that the new MM changes to stop or limit smerfs are making it difficult for mixed rank friends to play. I hear that if 4 GNs play with 1 MGE then all the opposition will be MGE, being the highest rank than the average. If so, will this impact upon people wanting to group will lower ranks. Seems a shame to me if this is the way they have done it.

I dont think its such a bad thing. It will limit the smurfs which is a good thing.

When I play with a higher rank lobby I just expect to be matched against the higher level players.

Ideally we could do with some more GN players. You, spud and myself are all GN so similar.

Associate
I dont think its such a bad thing. It will limit the smurfs which is a good thing.

When I play with a higher rank lobby I just expect to be matched against the higher level players.

Ideally we could do with some more GN players. You, spud and myself are all GN so similar.

Im now GN2,, Too many solo queues at weekend ;(. I want my AK back.

Associate

It encourages smurfing actually.

The rank difference thing means higher rank players need to have a smurf now to play with lower rank friends, where as before it would just put them against a skill group between each.

The mm system now just uses the highest level of 5 man premades so if me you stuu robbo and spud searched we would be put against ranks around dmg, which obviouslly isn't a fair match up, situations like that force the highest rank to smurf to get a lower max rank you can be matched against.

Soldato
To be honest the GN players usually play like MGs. The MGs play like silvers ... NO NAMES... :) :)

Until last night I've been playing like a silver for a few days, but think my aim is coming back again, shame it couldn't do that before I lost my mg2 rank on my main though :( still mg1 though which isn't too bad I suppose.

Associate
Love getting paired up with 2 guys with the same tag and bot going 3-17 rocking negevs...
Went 12-16 in the end. such a buzzkill getting screwed by teammembers

also this new MM thing really works (not my game)

GRWJsUo.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom