• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Permabanned
Gonna post on this again. Since sorting the above out I've had a couple of days at Cyberpunk. The step up from my 1070 to a 3080 is brilliant.

Still undecided whether to play it at 4k 60 or 1440p 90(ish), have it on the latter at the moment.

I know having it on ultimate is the aim of the thread but a couple of tweaks to the settings has it running mint.

Did a bit of undervolting and testing, anything over 1900mhz is pretty much negligible on performance in respect of FPS, undervolted to 875 : 1905 not one crash..

If you are playing it on 4k 60 that dlss is going to look smudgey to say the least. 3090 here and DLSS on quality was anywhere from 35 to 45fps

Soldato
Gonna post on this again. Since sorting the above out I've had a couple of days at Cyberpunk. The step up from my 1070 to a 3080 is brilliant.

Still undecided whether to play it at 4k 60 or 1440p 90(ish), have it on the latter at the moment.

I know having it on ultimate is the aim of the thread but a couple of tweaks to the settings has it running mint.

Did a bit of undervolting and testing, anything over 1900mhz is pretty much negligible on performance in respect of FPS, undervolted to 875 : 1905 not one crash..

I done same change, 1080 to 3080. Nice to get great upgrade after years.

You are probably best using 4k then DLS if u want more frames.

Also I found 1440p a bit underwhelming on 3080.

Associate
Played through my first 100 or so hours mostly with RT on and using DLSS, and now replaying again with another build and testing the waters with RT off but in 4k, which also looks very nice. So far I'd say that the RT benefits are very nice for this type of game and outweigh whatever IQ loss you could attribute to DLSS upscaling to 4k over native.

Soldato
Decided to do some more benching, in the interest of clarifying my CPU limits better. The game performance with RT on has improved quite a bit with the last two patches, at least for me.

System
  • i7 6800K @ 4 Ghz
  • RX 6800 (Wattman: Core limit 2394 Mhz / 1025mv, Mem 2110 Mhz + fast timings, +15% to power limit)
  • 2x8 GB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz (16-18-18-36)
  • Game running from a crappy sata SSD
  • Cyberpunk 2077 v1.31
  • AMD Adrenalin 21.10.2

Raster Settings

• Kept the same through all tests
  • Crowd Density: High
  • Slow HDD mode: On
  • FOV: 100
  • HDR PQ: On
  • ContactShadows: On
  • FacialTangentUpdates: On
  • Anisotropy: 16
  • ShadowMeshQuality: High
  • LocalShadowsQuality: High
  • CascadedShadowsRange: High
  • CascadedShadowsResolution: High
  • DistantShadowsResolution: High
  • VolumetricFogResolution : Ultra
  • VolumetricCloudsQuality: Medium
  • MaxDynamicDecals: Ultra
  • ScreenSpaceReflectionsQuality: High
  • SubsurfaceScatteringQuality: High
  • AmbientOcclusion: Low
  • ColorPrecision: High
  • GlobaIlluminationRange: High
  • MirrorQuality: High
  • LODPreset: High

Info
  • From Skyline East to MLK & Brandon sprinting, 60s run (see pic)
  • Time of Day was 12pm to 1pm; clear weather
  • The 50% is through static FidelityFX on
  • Radeon Image Sharpening is ON in AMDCP
  • I had one tab with youtube (360p) running in the background as I was listening to something, Brave Browser
  • I also had the following settings in an ini file, but don't know if they loaded and not sure if they reset as I change settings:
Code:
[RayTracing]
GeometryUpdateBufferSizeMB = 512
ScratchBufferSizeMB = 256

DeflickerStrength = 0.000000
TracingRadiusReflections = 800.000000
VisibilityCullingRadius = 800.000000
VisibilityFrustumOffset = 120.000000

DynamicInstanceUpdateUseHalfFloat = true
EnableShadowCasadesOptimization = true

DynamicInstanceUpdateBatchSize = 60
DynamicInstanceUpdateNumMax = 10

MaterialProxyNumMax = 2048
MaterialProxyUpdateNumMax = 32

TransparentReflectionEnvironmentBlendFactor = 0.700000

LocalLightNumMax = 16
LightGridSize = 4

[RayTracing/Reflection]
AccumulationSpeed = 0.02000
RoughnessThreshold = 0.85000

[RayTracing/Multilayer]
ResolutionScaleEnable = 1
ResolutionScale = 0.010000
ResolutionScaleNormalFactor = 0.010000

[LevelOfDetail]
DecalsHideDistance = 40.0

[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 42.000000

Results

• 720p & 720p 50% are the only results with no raytracing active, done so as to determine the CPU limit.
  • The changes for RT settings are next to each item. If said setting is used by itself then only it is mentioned, the only combo of RT settings is "all", i.e. shadows and reflections and lighting (medium/ultra/psycho). For resolution tests with RT all of them were enabled and lighting was at Psycho.

Rfj1e1a.jpg
Z7fTEAc.jpg
dDZ52n9.jpg
hqAuqoO.jpg.png

Image Comparisons for RT effects:
https://imgsli.com/NzY3MjI
Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/87424622@N05/albums/72157720002430198

Conclusion

For a 6800: If you want to turn on RT in this game then 1080p is a good all around resolution, especially if you keep RT L at medium. If you have a VRR display then you can go to Psycho, or maybe drop resolution down to 900p. The softness of the image even on a 4K screen is not too bad actually. 1260p is a nice resolution where you can pretty much cap at 30 fps and still have a "crisp" image. With no RT I can do 75% of 4K and maintain 60 fps pretty easily, while also bumping up AO to High & SSR to Ultra. If you only want to use a singular effect, like RT Reflections or Lighting medium, then 1080p 60 fps is doable, or >40 fps for 1440p (neither shown here but tested by me some other time).

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to do some more benching, in the interest of clarifying my CPU limits better. The game performance with RT on has improved quite a bit with the last two patches, at least for me.

System
  • i7 6800K @ 4 Ghz
  • RX 6800 (Wattman: Core limit 2394 Mhz / 1025mv, Mem 2110 Mhz + fast timings, +15% to power limit)
  • 2x8 GB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz (16-18-18-36)
  • Game running from a crappy sata SSD
  • Cyberpunk 2077 v1.31
  • AMD Adrenalin 21.10.2

Raster Settings

• Kept the same through all tests
  • Crowd Density: High
  • Slow HDD mode: On
  • FOV: 100
  • HDR PQ: On
  • ContactShadows: On
  • FacialTangentUpdates: On
  • Anisotropy: 16
  • ShadowMeshQuality: High
  • LocalShadowsQuality: High
  • CascadedShadowsRange: High
  • CascadedShadowsResolution: High
  • DistantShadowsResolution: High
  • VolumetricFogResolution : Ultra
  • VolumetricCloudsQuality: Medium
  • MaxDynamicDecals: Ultra
  • ScreenSpaceReflectionsQuality: High
  • SubsurfaceScatteringQuality: High
  • AmbientOcclusion: Low
  • ColorPrecision: High
  • GlobaIlluminationRange: High
  • MirrorQuality: High
  • LODPreset: High

Info
  • From Skyline East to MLK & Brandon sprinting, 60s run (see pic)
  • Time of Day was 12pm to 1pm; clear weather
  • The 50% is through static FidelityFX on
  • Radeon Image Sharpening is ON in AMDCP
  • I had one tab with youtube (360p) running in the background as I was listening to something, Brave Browser
  • I also had the following settings in an ini file, but don't know if they loaded and not sure if they reset as I change settings:
Code:
[RayTracing]
GeometryUpdateBufferSizeMB = 512
ScratchBufferSizeMB = 256

DeflickerStrength = 0.000000
TracingRadiusReflections = 800.000000
VisibilityCullingRadius = 800.000000
VisibilityFrustumOffset = 120.000000

DynamicInstanceUpdateUseHalfFloat = true
EnableShadowCasadesOptimization = true

DynamicInstanceUpdateBatchSize = 60
DynamicInstanceUpdateNumMax = 10

MaterialProxyNumMax = 2048
MaterialProxyUpdateNumMax = 32

TransparentReflectionEnvironmentBlendFactor = 0.700000

LocalLightNumMax = 16
LightGridSize = 4

[RayTracing/Reflection]
AccumulationSpeed = 0.02000
RoughnessThreshold = 0.85000

[RayTracing/Multilayer]
ResolutionScaleEnable = 1
ResolutionScale = 0.010000
ResolutionScaleNormalFactor = 0.010000

[LevelOfDetail]
DecalsHideDistance = 40.0

[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 42.000000

Results

• 720p & 720p 50% are the only results with no raytracing active, done so as to determine the CPU limit.
  • The changes for RT settings are next to each item. If said setting is used by itself then only it is mentioned, the only combo of RT settings is "all", i.e. shadows and reflections and lighting (medium/ultra/psycho). For resolution tests with RT all of them were enabled and lighting was at Psycho.

Rfj1e1a.jpg
Z7fTEAc.jpg
dDZ52n9.jpg
hqAuqoO.jpg.png

Image Comparisons for RT effects:
https://imgsli.com/NzY3MjI
Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/87424622@N05/albums/72157720002430198

Conclusion

For a 6800: If you want to turn on RT in this game then 1080p is a good all around resolution, especially if you keep RT L at medium. If you have a VRR display then you can go to Psycho, or maybe drop resolution down to 900p. The softness of the image even on a 4K screen is not too bad actually. 1260p is a nice resolution where you can pretty much cap at 30 fps and still have a "crisp" image. With no RT I can do 75% of 4K and maintain 60 fps pretty easily, while also bumping up AO to High & SSR to Ultra. If you only want to use a singular effect, like RT Reflections or Lighting medium, then 1080p 60 fps is doable, or >40 fps for 1440p (neither shown here but tested by me some other time).

Thanks for putting the work in Poneros save me some time on setting up.

Soldato
I personally loved the game- But then again, I have a 5900X + RTX 3080 and a massive AW3821DW Ultrawide... Need to play it again since its been a while#~!
Yeah the visuals were fine, 4K RT looked sweet, but i kept skipping the crap dialogue bits and probably missed clues and stuff. In the end just gave up.

Soldato
Did some more tests, at 768p, again exploring CPU performance & settings scaling. Most interesting is just how HUGE the performance impact of greater crowd density is. Where I didn't mention it explicitly the crowd density is at high.

zro60TQ.gif

M all = all raytracing settings on, lighting at medium; RT Lp = for raytracing only lighting is on, and at psycho; rest is self-evident

5TEp0bE.png
Zz62r7f.png
RdXteF5.png

Associate
Did some more tests, at 768p, again exploring CPU performance & settings scaling. Most interesting is just how HUGE the performance impact of greater crowd density is. Where I didn't mention it explicitly the crowd density is at high.

Crowds are the only issue with my cpu, so I just aim a gun at someone and they all leg it :D

Caporegime
This has just had a massive patch and FSR is added now as well as dlss sharpness slider, screenshot comparisons (dlss sharpness set to 0.25, which is too much imo)

FSR UQ fps seems quite a bit lower than dlss quality, possibly a bug.

YUMi0w2.jpg

wruiApT.jpg

0FOZJOr.jpg

103b9jc.jpg

Will do another screenshot comparison in bit of different area.

Caporegime
Wait why am i seeing 2fps and 5fps screenshots? I am confused to what I am looking at here Nativem, DLSS, FSR?

Yup those are native ones, everything maxed (rt lighting set to psycho) and with several mods + several 4-8k texture packs so gpu is coming under complete bottleneck :p

The higher fps ones are dlss and fsr is lesser FPS. Only first one has both dlss quality and balanced. Last 2 areas are just dlss quality.

Soldato
FSR Performance @ 4K looks REALLY stupidly good, hell even Ultra Performance is usable but clearly soft. Big difference in performance between the 2 tho, more than I expected. Unfortunately the scaling seems to be much worse for 3840 x 1620 (I like to stretch it out, works better for first person) and at least in the benchmark had more issues, so I guess I'll have to investigate some more.

Has anyone seen where the Variable Rate Shading option is? Saw it in the patch notes but can't find it.

Soldato
Woo when I finally get the patch downloaded (based on the current % it will be an overnighter...) I can actually see what the 6800 in my desktop can do with RT enabled. <30FPS @ 3440x1440 is painful and the 3080 in my laptop was laughing at it... :p

Back
Top Bottom