• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

The performance mode DLSS is garbage judging by Watch Dogs Legion? Surely Quality or nothing?

G-Sync on the TV has come just at the right time it seems though.

My LG C9 agrees with you. :p

Just got to get my hands on a 3090FE now and I can have a play around with the settings and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what do we have here. I guess for those who are are interested they will be happy to see this.
I wonder if they will include anything else from the software suite.

Edit: Also has a HDR mode.

The performance mode DLSS is garbage judging by Watch Dogs Legion? Surely Quality or nothing?

G-Sync on the TV has come just at the right time it seems though.
Yes. Performance mode = evidently sub-native res quality. Quality mode might fool you into thinking it's close enough to native, but it depends on the game. We don't know for Cp2077 yet but in WD:L for example Nvidia actually nerfs RT when enabling DLSS, so it's far from native.

UeykcQW.jpg.png

Yes. Performance mode = evidently sub-native res quality. Quality mode might fool you into thinking it's close enough to native, but it depends on the game. We don't know for Cp2077 yet but in WD:L for example Nvidia actually nerfs RT when enabling DLSS, so it's far from native.

UeykcQW.jpg.png
Yes the DLSS on looks much better.

1440p looks like the sweet spot to me. Max IQ and RT at a high res. (RTX 3080)
1440p and Max IQ do not belong in the same sentence sir! :p

2160p everything at maximum and turn off rubbish like Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Lens Flare and what other rubbish things there maybe in there that degrades image quality is how I will be playing it :D

1440p and Max IQ do not belong in the same sentence sir! :p

2160p everything at maximum and turn off rubbish like Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Lens Flare and what other rubbish things there maybe in there that degrades image quality is how I will be playing it :D

:p

I'm a 1440p peasant so it will have to do.

UeykcQW.jpg.png
That's the beauty of Nvidia marketing. They show you a corridor game like Control or a an open hill side game to like Death Stranded. And the gullible believe that DLSS is better then native. But when it comes to real open world games like WDL all of sudden they can't register the fact that DLSS actually blurs assets/RT to improve frame rates because RT in an open world game is still to costly. Or the fact that DLSS can actually improve performance by simply reducing LOD.

Funny how the shoe is on the other foot now with claims that 30fps is good enough when they mocked the consoles for doing the same at 4k.
:D

Edit:

Oh btw that cb2077 drivers are released: 460.79 whql. All you need now is the 1'st day blackbox code update for the game.

I await those results. :p

Last edited:
I really think the ray tracing options in games are way overhyped. Just turn them off, and play at 1440P or 4K - Use DLSS if needed.

No need to worry about it yet really, the hardware can't run RT yet at decent framerates.

If you've got an rtx 3080 / 3090, RT might be an option if DLSS is used.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be playing with RTX off and lower settings for sure on my 1440p 144hz. 60 FPS is unplayable to me and I need 100+ FPS to enjoy any game.

I think an extra add in card (PCIE ?) would be a good idea for Ray Tracing... Would allow much more powerful hardware, for those with the power supplies (and extras cash) to handle it. Doesn't seem to be happening though, I suppose because it's still pretty new, and there probably wouldn't be that much demand for seperate RT cards (yet). Ideally, you'd want something that doesn't lower overall game performance - only rendering RT in a quality it can handle...

On the other hand - Anyone remember the PhysX add in cards? They died on their A*** They were replaced by CUDA cores in Nvidia GPUs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom