• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

They didn't die on anything... nVidia bought out ageia and integrated it into their GPUs.
Nvidia really ticked off a lot of people when they cut support for the Ageia PhysX Processor card making them use their gpu which incurred a performance hit.
Which was the point of the daughter card to begin with.

Had nvidia supported the daughter card idea and let developers use physx as they saw fit and never used x87 cpu code to hobble performance for Radeon users using phsyx on the CPU. Physx would be a staple in games today just as tessellation and ambient occlusion. They were short sighted. And sacrificed physx to promote Geforce which to be frank, they succeeded in doing to some extent.

I latered learned that the guy who created Aegia actually broke off from Nvidia only to let nvidia buy him out. Which is ironic...if that story is true. It must suck seeing your idea assimilated into the collective hive to be a husk of itself.

1440p and Max IQ do not belong in the same sentence sir! :p

2160p everything at maximum and turn off rubbish like Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, Lens Flare and what other rubbish things there maybe in there that degrades image quality is how I will be playing it :D

yeah... as a slideshow :p

Personally i think Cyberpunk shows us that 4K gaming isnt really there yet.

I've tried a few games recently such as Hell Let Loose, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and even an older game like Company of heroes 2, and my new 3080 has at times. been pushed below 60fps by all of them.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean?

Let me help you.

Digitalfoundry praising RT = AMD bad at RT = ECH hates DF
Cyberpunk best looking game 2020, heavy on RT, runs best on NVidia, RT + DLSS, DF praising it = ECH hates it.

Basically as long as its not AMD positive = ECH = pffff garbage rubbish trashcrap.

Happy to translate. :D

Let me help you.

Cyberpunk best looking game 2020, heavy on RT, runs best on NVidia, RT + DLSS, DF praising it = ECH hates it.

Basically as long as its not AMD positive = ECH = pffff garbage rubbish trashcrap.

Tickled me that but actually spot on :D

Looks great, a game i've been looking forward to for a while. Have it preloaded so will probably jump on tomorrow as it releases midnight UK.

Just hope my measley 2080Ti can run it well enough :p.

[QUOTE="tyler_jrb, post: 34327513, member: 151852”]
Just hope my measley 2080Ti can run it well enough :p.[/QUOTE]

count yourself lucky, going to be trying 4K on a Radeon VII :eek: :D

He locked the frame rate to 30fps at 4K max settings with DLSS on an RTX3090.
I dare anyone to call this game unoptimised trash like all the ubisioft games get called watch the cyberpunk defence swarm :D

Let me help you.

ROFL

All he did was talk about his experience using a 3090. And only used Broll without RT. That's cheerleading. It didn't show what the average user would expect from the game IQ wise.

And although it is my opinion that DF praises Nvidia more then they should. There was no mention of when CD would optimize the game for Radeon. So that's still left up in the air. IMO it was only a PR stunt in which Radeon users will never see a patch for Radeon. However, it still wasn't mentioned and would have been useful information and insight as to the state of the game for those who might hold off buying it until then.

The Broll did look gorgeous. However, not representative of what one may see in game. Nor what options they may need to adjust to get playable frame rates. Yet, no discussion on frame rates either with his 3090. But we know 30fps at 4K is the golden rule. Wasn't that shun upon when consoles were gaming at 4k30? The hypocrisy is real.

And, I really couldn't immerse myself in a verbal opinion from someone else who played the game to gauge how good IQ wise the game is. Leaving the entire video lacking substance.

But did they keep saying how good RT was...Yes
Did they say how much better RT was...Yes
That's cheerleading!

Therefore, it's not about the fact that Nvidia is going to work better in CB2077. We already know that as CB2077 is a Nvidia sponsored game. The garbage rubbish trashcrap comes in when PC Games like CB2077 is vendor specific to promote nvidia with no eta when a Radeon will be supported that I take issue with. Therefore, it's not hard to pick this apart.
:D

Last edited:
Or already if you set VPN to NZ :D

No it's a coordinated global launch time.

cyberpunk-2077-release-time.jpg

Back
Top Bottom