• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Replayability will hopefully be there when content and bugs get added/fixed. I started another playthrough after doing all the endings but not really feeling it but I will revisit when content gets added. I have Watchdogs to play now, so will give that a proper play, as it does look good

Unless you're on CPU like a 5600X or higher I don't see anyone getting decent frames in this trash game.
3600 @4.4GHz here. Pretty much always above 50fps at 4K Ultra with RT :D

You are going to say anything below 144fps is trash aren’t ya? :p

Last edited:
Runs fine on my 1650 V2 - ultra settings + RT ultra + DLSS quality at 1440p is mostly 60 FPS - though sometimes it totally falls apart and I'm averaging 45 FPS until I restart the game. Turn off RT it runs 90+ FPS.

(From looking at the benchmarks I seem to be getting around stock 3600 performance in the game with the CPU at 4.4GHz).

It's not going to be the highs that suffer the most, but the lows. Or more to the point, the areas where the CPU bottleneck shows up. You mentioned earlier in this thread that you were getting 45 FPS minimums at 1440p but at the same resolution my lows were more like 55 with the same settings. I have a 5900X, DDR4 3600 CL16 RAM and a 3080 FE. With a decent CPU your minimums would rise by 20% - 25% or more (game dependent). Obviously we don't know what area of the map each of us uses but in general the lows are reasonably indicative.

This might not matter now in this game, but will it when a game comes out where a 3080 gets 45 FPS minimums when paired with a decent CPU and RAM? In the same scenario your unbalanced PC would be getting 35 FPS or less, unless you compromise on the IQ or graphical settings.

The key is having a well balanced gaming PC where no single key component (or components) is holding the entire system back. Don't get me wrong, if you are happy then fair enough. This is just a heads up that the numbers you posted are similar to what a 2080Ti is capable off according to reviews.

It's not going to be the highs that suffer the most, but the lows. Or more to the point, the areas where the CPU bottleneck shows up. You mentioned earlier in this thread that you were getting 45 FPS minimums at 1440p but at the same resolution my lows were more like 55 with the same settings. I have a 5900X, DDR4 3600 CL16 RAM and a 3080 FE. With a decent CPU your minimums would rise by 20% - 25% or more (game dependent). Obviously we don't know what area of the map each of us uses but in general the lows are reasonably indicative.

This might not matter now in this game, but will it when a game comes out where a 3080 gets 45 FPS minimums when paired with a decent CPU and RAM? In the same scenario your unbalanced PC would be getting 35 FPS or less, unless you compromise on the IQ or graphical settings.

The key is having a well balanced gaming PC where no single key component (or components) is holding the entire system back. Don't get me wrong, if you are happy then fair enough. This is just a heads up that the numbers you posted are similar to what a 2080Ti is capable off according to reviews.

I'm quite aware of that. I'm sure you pointed this out before and I answered that I've been meaning to upgrade for quite a few years. I've just not had a reason to until now.

My laptop has better CPU (i7-8750H), although It's main use is grocery orders these days :eek:

Angry much?

Really enjoying it with a 3770k, DDR3 memory and SATA3 SSDs, with RT Psycho, DLSS Quality at 1440p :p

Oh and a 3080 :D

so you are on a 3770k and maxing the game out at 60fps at 1440p? if thats the case what DLSS are you using and what are the results if you bump up to 4k

so you are on a 3770k and maxing the game out at 60fps at 1440p? if thats the case what DLSS are you using and what are the results if you bump up to 4k

He hasn't said it is getting 60FPS, he has it capped at 60 FPS and is getting lows of around 45. It's fair that he is happy with that but as I have pointed out he is crippling his performance quite considerably on that CPU. Though I do get the irony of buying an expensive GPU to get such mediocre performance out of it.

I think he gets it now. :)

Last edited:
He hasn't said it is getting 60FPS, he has it capped at 60 FPS and is getting lows of around 45. It's fair that he is happy with that but as I have pointed out he is crippling his performance quite considerably on that CPU. Though I do get the irony of buying an expensive GPU to get such mediocre performance out of it.

Lol the guy has a 3770K and is endlessly promoting Nvidia on here. No wonder he only has a 3080 in his sig.
Maybe Jensen will send him a brand new 10900K for his effort since he obviously won't be able to bring himself buy an AMD cpu. :cool:

Lol the guy has a 3770K and is endlessly promoting Nvidia on here. No wonder he only has a 3080 in his sig.
Maybe Jensen will send him a brand new 10900K for his effort since he obviously won't be able to bring himself buy an AMD cpu. :cool:

It's human nature to defend your purchases to be fair and he is happy so that's all that matters. At some point he will get a new CPU and RAM for that 3080 and really see it shine.

The problem is if you are blinkered and only go green or red then you will tend to go into irrational defense mode as many in this thread are doing. I was very lucky to get a 308FE at MSRP and a 6800 at OCUK rates (~15% over MSRP). I sold the 6800 on the MM at the price I got it from OCUK. So I have been lucky enough to try a topend GPU from both AMD and Nvidia before settling on the 3080. That at least puts me in a position where I don't subconsciously defend everything about my "new toy". I can tell that no matter which GPU from the top end you get, there should be no disappointment.

It's human nature to defend your purchases to be fair and he is happy so that's all that matters. At some point he will get a new CPU and RAM for that 3080 and really see it shine.

The problem is if you are blinkered and only go green or red then you will tend to go into irrational defense mode as many in this thread are doing. I was very lucky to get a 308FE at MSRP and a 6800 at OCUK rates (~15% over MSRP). I sold the 6800 on the MM at the price I got it from OCUK. So I have been lucky enough to try a topend GPU from both AMD and Nvidia before settling on the 3080. That at least puts me in a position where I don't subconsciously defend everything about my "new toy". I can tell that no matter which GPU from the top end you get, there should be no disappointment.
Was you of concerned with losing out on 6gb of vram? Most here will have you believe you downgraded :p

Lot of money to increase your minimums by 10fps.

I never said he did i asked..hens the ? also im on a 7700k and I dont think its worth upgrading to a new cpu just yet. so im holding out still.

Was you of concerned with losing out on 6gb of vram? Most here will have you believe you downgraded :p

Yes actually and it was a close call because I had one situation where the 10GB VRAM was a problem. VR supersampling on my Pimax 8KX in DCS was causing stutter in some scenarios. I had to drop SS down to remove the stutter even though I had the GPU and CPU horsepower to drive higher supersampling. I understand this is an extreme outlier but you can joke all you want, 10GB will be a problem soon enough.

Lot of money to increase your minimums by 10fps.

I think it's a bit of reach to assume money was an issue when we are talking about the same person buying a ~ £700+ GPU. More likely just biding his time until he gets the CPU he actually wants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom