*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Metacritic

91% from 40 reviews.
Meanwhile there's someone in the comments on facebook for the PC Gamer review like "ha see, 78 out of 100 is like 6/10 I told you all this game was gonna suck" as if this list doesn't exist

The fact that Like a Dragon, a game for which I've seen nothing but gushing praise from actual gamers, only has 82 on metacritic says something about the value of professional critics however

Anyone else pressed play ? :p

CYBERPUNKED.png

It's why I'm buying on Steam, if I hate the first hour or 2 or it's just an unpolished turd, then I should be able to just refund it.
GOG has a 30 day refund policy. Of course, if you would be playing it for too long then it might be refused, but that goes for steam as well.

You may request a refund for a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played. To apply for a refund, you should contact our Customer Support Team within 30 days of your purchase, and our team will sort it out as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind that we're actively monitoring the effects of our new Refund Policy to make sure no one is using it to hurt the developers that put their time and heart into making great games. We may refuse refunds in such individual cases.

Source: How do I refund a game? - GOG Customer Service

where's everyone gone for GOG or steam?
GOG no DRM/copy protection at all = good
Steam well steam itself is DRM but if the game supports mods then steam instantly becomes the better place to buy it? since some modders won't put their mods on nexus etc

If it's like all their previous games, it'll be drm free everywhere. Launch it through steam to get the overlay and achievements, but it should still be possible to launch it directly from the .exe

Pubes or no pubes, that is the question.

Not really a choice there.

FxESNbN.jpg

Yea I quit the W1 early days, W2 got 16 hours from me before I never went back but W3 took 2 attempts to get into then lost over 80 hours to it - when I say "lost" I happily gave them away.

CP2077 is preloading now. Can't play until Saturday evening though :(

It's a shame. I had to really battle through the first 6-8 hours of Witcher 1. No excuse for that. I only stuck with it because I had a bunch of friends I trusted who swore the game was incredible once you get past the intro section. They were right too!

GOG has a 30 day refund policy. Of course, if you would be playing it for too long then it might be refused, but that goes for steam as well.

Steam has a two hour playtime window, although I've refunded games around the three hour mark so it does depend on circumstance and who is reviewing your request.

I imagine the same is true of GoG.

Meanwhile there's someone in the comments on facebook for the PC Gamer review like "ha see, 78 out of 100 is like 6/10 I told you all this game was gonna suck" as if this list doesn't exist

The fact that Like a Dragon, a game for which I've seen nothing but gushing praise from actual gamers, only has 82 on metacritic says something about the value of professional critics however

There's someone like that on the console thread....

I'm not fussed on how people are approaching the bugs, kind of expected. Disappointing? Yes. But they can/will be fixed over time.

What I care for is the gameplay and story, and both are getting HUGE praise, I'm certainly hyped to the max right now.

:eek: Looks like the PC version of this game has no HDR support :eek: :(:(:(:(
That would be the worst of all. WTF!

Pretty awful comparison tbh. Surely need to show the exact same scene with it on and off. Ray Tracing off is completely in the shadow of the building.
:confused:

60% from gamebeat :rolleyes:

Wow this looks like a card killer.

However, they have chosen cards that are basically unavailable at the moment.
Defo some tinkering to be done.

Saying that this is all without the day one patch. Good to see DLSS doing it's thing though.
Damn, so getting past 60 maxed out at 4K even with a 3090 looks like its gonna take a little fiddling

Doesn't look too good.
You can also get some weird results if you stray from the presets, like, for example, turning on RT reflections but leaving RT shadows and lighting off can end up looking completely different (and wrong) compared to just using rasterization.

Basically, ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077 feels like something that's all or nothing. If you have a sufficiently fast graphics card—RTX 30-series, or maybe 2080 Super—you can run with the RT Ultra preset and DLSS and get a pleasing result. RT Medium is okay as well, but not as visually striking. But if you don't have a high-end RTX card, including AMD's RX 6000 GPUs, for now, it looks like you'll be better off running without ray tracing.

Damn, so getting past 60 maxed out at 4K even with a 3090 looks like its gonna take a little fiddling

Bare in mind, this is without day 0 patch, non optimised drivers (unless nvidia sent out early release drivers) and DRM as the review copies have the dreaded Denuvo DRM which we all know kills performance. So I'd say, I'm actually over the moon, my 3090 and i9 9900k (both OC'd) at 3440x1440 and everything ultra, should be hitting consistent 60fps! Good times.

That would be the worst of all. WTF!
It may get HDR support in 2021
Cyberpunk 2077 Will Get Dolby Vision Support In Early 2021 (thegamer.com)
If you want to experience Cyberpunk 2077 at its absolute best, you might have to wait a bit. Ray tracing will only be available on Nvidia cards at launch, and now we’re hearing that Dolby Vision won’t be supported until early 2021.

The news comes straight from the source. Dolby tweeted out on Tuesday that Cyberpunk 2077 will receive Dolby Atmos support at launch, but Dolby Vision isn’t coming until later next year.
Looks like only the xbox console versions will support HDR on release

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom