*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

I am not sure what yours is - the demo at E3 was running at 30FPS using the same hardware. Last time I checked the RTX2080TI isn't even twice as fast as the GTX1080TI,and even if it was,you need to push 8 times as many pixels per second,for the game in its current state,to get 60FPS at 4K.
My point? Lol. I made a prediction. I predict that a 3080Ti will be able to play this game on Overkill settings at 4K at 30fps. Let's come back here in a year or two's time and see how off I was :p:D

I just wanted to correct you as you seem to think running 4K takes a lot more grunt than it actually does. Here, lets look at a very demanding game that is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in a 1080Ti review. 4K gets 48fps and 1080p gets 124fps. No way near 4 times is it? Not even 3 times actually. It is not even just that game, many are similar. That is my point if you will ;)

You are also not taking game and driver optimisations into account.

It's a shame that us with the 4k monitors can't play games like this on release. Downscaling looks awful and I don't think lowering shadows is gonna help here... :D

My point? Lol. I made a prediction. I predict that a 3080Ti will be able to play this game on Overkill settings at 4K at 30fps. Let's come back here in a year or two's time and see how off I was :p:D

I just wanted to correct you as you seem to think running 4K takes a lot more grunt than it actually does. Here, lets look at a very demanding game that is Deus Ex: Mankjind Divided in a 1080Ti review. 4K gets 48fps and 1080p gets 124fps. No way near 4 times is it? Not even 3 times actually. It is not even just that game, many are similar. That is my point if you will ;)

You said overkill though!! :p The demo has no RTX or Hairworks enabled,so imagine what the game will run like at 1080p in its current state with those on even with an RTX2080TI?? BTW,with the example you have given its 2.6X(if my maths is right) and the game is also probably CPU limited to a degree at 1080p. So to get 60FPS at 4K is probably going need something like at least two maybe three of the RTX2080TI cards I suspect.

No doubt the game needs a ton of optimisation but it also might come with a side effect of the visuals being downgraded.

If you look at The Witcher 3 pre-release demos they looked much better than the final game,so it seems CDPR toned the graphics so they could run better on consoles and midrange PCs.

When this eventually releases, I'll have to weigh up whether or not it'll be worth upgrading my pc for, or if I should just buy a console to play it on. Problem with the former is that I'd probably be looking at a new gpu and CPU (980ti and 8350 at the moment). Problem with the latter is that the new generation of consoles are likely to be just around the corner once the game releases, making the purchase of an earlier one a bit redundant.

It's a shame that us with the 4k monitors can't play games like this on release. Downscaling looks awful and I don't think lowering shadows is gonna help here... :D
I would be more than happy to play it 30fps with G-Sync if it runs well (some engines manage it better than others) :D

Can then have a second playthrough optimising the settings to 4K 60fps. No doubt this game is the type I will play many times.

You said overkill though!! :p The demo has no RTX or Hairworks enabled,so imagine what the game will run like at 1080p in its current state with those on even with an RTX2080TI?? BTW,with the example you have given its 2.6X(if my maths is right) and the game is also probably CPU limited to a degree at 1080p. So to get 60FPS at 4K is probably going need something like at least two maybe three of the RTX2080TI cards I suspect.

No doubt the game needs a ton of optimisation but it also might come with a side effect of the visuals being downgraded.

If you look at The Witcher 3 pre-release demos they looked much better than the final game,so it seems CDPR toned the graphics so they could run better on consoles and midrange PCs.
Yeah I did. I don't know if those settings will tack on GameWorks settings or not. Did not really take that into account to be fair. I was referring to purely stuff made by the developers, not tacked on stuff.

Also you keep saying 60fps when I have never said that, I said 30fps. Huge difference :D

I think CDPR are the type of developers that listen and learn. They will not be making the same mistake twice. The graphics we have seen are nothing too special, I cannot see how they will end up making it worse for release. Just in case someone who has not read the past few pages reads this, I am referring to graphics, not level design, art and attention to detail. Some I think lump all that under graphics.

I'm happy to wait for goty edition of games now, as I don't get a lot of gaming time so chance are I won't go back to it and move onto the next best thing. I'm just going through my first Witcher 3 play through now. I'm currently on the blood and wine expansion, wouldn't it of been a shame to miss out on the dlc. Plus I have the hardware to play it at max so that's a huge plus.
If there's story dlc for cyberpunk that takes a year to come out, I'll happily wait and I should have a pc that can run it on overkill.

I'm happy to wait for goty edition of games now, as I don't get a lot of gaming time so chance are I won't go back to it and move onto the next best thing. I'm just going through my first Witcher 3 play through now. I'm currently on the blood and wine expansion, wouldn't it of been a shame to miss out on the dlc. Plus I have the hardware to play it at max so that's a huge plus.
If there's story dlc for cyberpunk that takes a year to come out, I'll happily wait and I should have a pc that can run it on overkill.
I do this also a lot these days. But there are certain games like this I cannot do that. I will be on it from day one. This game has the potential to be the game of the decade for me.

I do this also a lot these days. But there are certain games like this I cannot do that. I will be on it from day one. This game has the potential to be the game of the decade for me.

I agree I'll probably cave and try it, but if my pc can't play it how I want then I'll wait, the game ain't going anywhere.

Eww!!..could have done without all the Chromatic aberration but apart from that, looks great.

For sure. I will be sticking the game on overkill, then going into individual settings and turning a bunch of things off which I do not like that kill fps and make IQ worse to me. Chromatic aberration definitely falls under those settings that get turned off :D

Lord above. You guys are really getting carried away with the specs. This game will be running on a base PS4 at 1080p so I'm pretty sure it's going to be perfectly fine with your current 1080 cards (unless you want the nVidia Raytracing switched on). And if there's one thing I've learned since coming over to the PC from the PS4 is that even though you turn the graphic sliders up, most of the games don't look any different than they do on PS4 (especially as I only have a 1080p TV to play on). You just get a better framerate. :p

Lord above. You guys are really getting carried away with the specs. This game will be running on a base PS4 at 1080p so I'm pretty sure it's going to be perfectly fine with your current 1080 cards (unless you want the nVidia Raytracing switched on). And if there's one thing I've learned since coming over to the PC from the PS4 is that even though you turn the graphic sliders up, most of the games don't look any different than they do on PS4 (especially as I only have a 1080p TV to play on). You just get a better framerate. :p
They don't look much different, that is why I have a 4K monitor which helps make them look much sharper and better overall to me due to the much higher PPI.

I think this will look a lot better on the PC vs PS4 due to them probably building it with PS5 in mind. So one could say it won't look much different on PC than it does on a PS5 :p

I think this will look a lot better on the PC vs PS4 due to them probably building it with PS5 in mind. So one could say it won't look much different on PC than it does on a PS5 :p

I'm not sure they are building it with the next-gen in mind. Development's been going on for five years and they were targeting current specs. I don't even know if any devs are party to what Xbone 2/PS5 are going to be yet.

I'm not sure they are building it with the next-gen in mind. Development's been going on for five years and they were targeting current specs. I don't even know if any devs are party to what Xbone 2/PS5 are going to be yet.

Here is a quote from another thread:

According to CD Projekt President, Cyberpunk 2077 is technologically quite advanced and it’s being developed in a way that it can take advantage of future, more powerful hardware.

Pretty sure it built to scale and will no doubt make use of PS5 hardware and look noticeably better on that vs a PS4.

When you think about it, all they need to do is build it like Crysis was taking future hardware into account, then when a more powerful console comes along, just find best settings for that and release it on that console as PS5 will be using AMD hardware so very easy for them to do. The game will probably come out same time or not much earlier than the PS5 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom