*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Looks disappointing to me - none of the seriousness of Deus Ex and none of the humor of GTA, so I don't get these comparisons at all. Looks more like an urban Fallout to me - totally not hyped for another pseudo sandbox game with mediocre story and weak gameplay.
Such a dumb comment. This is a Cyberpunk game. Not Deus Ex. Not GTA. Not Fallout. It is its own game with its own universe and style. There was humor there, but of course it is subjective.
There is nothing to base your preconceived conclusion ("another pseudo sandbox game with mediocre story and weak gameplay") on. Definitely not the previous games by CDP, definitely not the Cyberpunk 2020 PNP game, and certainly not the 48 minute demo.

Looks disappointing to me - none of the seriousness of Deus Ex and none of the humor of GTA, so I don't get these comparisons at all. Looks more like an urban Fallout to me - totally not hyped for another pseudo sandbox game with mediocre story and weak gameplay.

Mediocre story
A CD Projekt Red game

Pick one

Only thing I'm not liking about this is the see through walls option, at least as how obvious it is in the video, it makes the ricochet and seeking mods too powerful. It needs to be something like a heartbeat sensor, so that it can be countered by enemies using tech and not so blatant as a enemy outline.

Only thing I'm not liking about this is the see through walls option, at least as how obvious it is in the video, it makes the ricochet and seeking mods too powerful. It needs to be something like a heartbeat sensor, so that it can be countered by enemies using tech and not so blatant as a enemy outline.

As you say yourself, it's likely an option... probably based upon character build and equipment. I would expect that you could play without.

As you say yourself, it's likely an option... probably based upon character build and equipment. I would expect that you could play without.

Who isn't going to use it if it's an option though?! I dunno, it's just a little too immersion breaking for me. I like it, but want a "soft" option not the blatant hard one here. It's a wallhack in SP, it's really not needed.

Will pick this up on PS5. By that time, Nvidia will be charging £1K for mediocre cards.
Oh I hope not. I nearly gave up pc gaming altogether based on gpu prices. But that doesn't mean I can't find a decent EOL deal, hopefully. But if it is released around the same time as PS5 I would get it on that, as PS5 will probably be cheaper :p. But last I heard, the PS5 was still a long way off, and this looks like it might be released next year.

I'm a huge fan of CD PR but a few things concerned me about the gameplay. Huge texture pop in, crowds walking through each other and their graphical down grade. The witcher 3 was night and day between showcase and release. I want this to work. I really do, but I am a little concerned.

Some funny comments. It's still in development, it was a small part of the game. There looks to plenty of detail and content the graphics are easy to turn up in comparison.

I'd be more concerned about how it will play, I really don't like on rails theme parks. I assume what we saw was a tutorial as the running commentary could wear thin quite quickly I think.

I assume what we saw was a tutorial as the running commentary could wear thin quite quickly I think.

I assume the voice over was for the video - I wanted to repeatedly smash my head against a wall after like 2 seconds of listening to it hah.

Could be a mistake but this lists the system specs of the system that video is from as 2x16GB 3000 MHz, CL15

Hope that doesn't mean the game requires 32Gb of ram!

Work in progress games often have zero RAM optimisation and if they are compiled in debug mode often require 2-3x the memory space with things like assets loaded up up "raw" and an expanded symbol table, etc. so running code can be better analysed at run time and/or if something crashes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom