*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
I hope so! I quite expect to double-dip on Cyberpunk 2077. PC at first release in 1080p and probably a next-gen console for 4K as I doubt my 1070 will manage it in 4K and I don't really want to upgrade until the nVidia 3070 is out or something.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I hope so! I quite expect to double-dip on Cyberpunk 2077. PC at first release in 1080p and probably a next-gen console for 4K as I doubt my 1070 will manage it in 4K and I don't really want to upgrade until the nVidia 3070 is out or something.
I think the 3070 will come out before this game does. Hopefully the backlash at prices works, together with 7nm meaning smaller die sizes so we can get better prices as I fancy going for the 3080Ti (mainly for this game).

Soldato
A god damn masterpiece in the making.

Ll5IGHV.gif

4hVPGvW.gif

9Ol5q8L.gif

wQO8LMv.gif

CDexUy0.gif

Soldato
Let's hope they don't do a graphical downgrade like they did on Witcher 3 between E3 and the release.

They’ll 100% need to downgrade it visually I reckon. There’s very little chance any game that has this level of detail, visual fidelity, content thats all crammed into a huge open world which is seamless would ever be able to release anywhere near as breathtaking as what was shown. Look at the scope and depth of it, when have we ever seen a game so incredibly immersive and diverse? Everything you see is so unique, no copy and pasted character models, each one looking different. A dynamic day night cycle, a living breathing world with everyone going about their own business. I just can't see them sticking to this high level of graphics with everything going on elsewhere, it's one hell of a vision.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hmm, I don't think I'd be bothered if it got a graphical downgrade, just as long as they keep the scope of the massive city and you can go exploring anywhere and everywhere. I want to be able to go up those skyscrapers and ride those monorails.

Soldato
I fully intend to try and "break" the game by killing as many innocent people as I can. I want to know how the game will react.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They’ll 100% need to downgrade it visually I reckon. There’s very little chance any game that has this level of detail, visual fidelity, content thats all crammed into a huge open world which is seamless would ever be able to release anywhere near as breathtaking as what was shown. Look at the scope and depth of it, when have we ever seen a game so incredibly immersive and diverse? Everything you see is so unique, no copy and pasted character models, each one looking different. A dynamic day night cycle, a living breathing world with everyone going about their own business. I just can't see them sticking to this high level of graphics with everything going on elsewhere, it's one hell of a vision.
I don't think it will. What will however happen is people with latest graphics cards will be crying and saying how unoptimised the game is due to not being able to play it on high settings.

I hope they don't worry about people that feel entitled to play at high settings and gimp the graphics to please them. End of the day if medium looks as good if not better than other games of its type, I see no problem.

Soldato
I don't think it will. What will however happen is people with latest graphics cards will be crying and saying how unoptimised the game is due to not being able to play it on high settings.

I hope they don't worry about people that feel entitled to play at high settings and gimp the graphics to please them. End of the day if medium looks as good if not better than other games of its type, I see no problem.

I want exactly this, I want them to keep this exact style, the artwork is blooming fantastic. Love all the neon, Japanese fonts, punk clothing styles, just loved everything about the tease trailer. Nothing has wowed me so much before.

Soldato
Let's hope they don't do a graphical downgrade like they did on Witcher 3 between E3 and the release.
And if they do, so what? Are you going to be one of those insufferable .... screaming downgrade? Surely not :)

Personally I fully accept that this is a slice of how the game looks today, and it can very well change during dev. As long as it is good and immersive, I don't care. Witcher 3 was technically "downgraded" and yet it still looks freaking beautiful and fully immersive. And as a bonus I could run it at 60fps on 4 year old PC.

Soldato
And if they do, so what? Are you going to be one of those insufferable .... screaming downgrade? Surely not :)

Personally I fully accept that this is a slice of how the game looks today, and it can very well change during dev. As long as it is good and immersive, I don't care. Witcher 3 was technically "downgraded" and yet it still looks freaking beautiful and fully immersive. And as a bonus I could run it at 60fps on 4 year old PC.

Have the devs said just how recent the build is? We could be watching something from a year ago, that they've only just decided to release. Suppose it's wishful thinking on my part though, because I want it to release asap:D

Soldato
Have the devs said just how recent the build is? We could be watching something from a year ago, that they've only just decided to release. Suppose it's wishful thinking on my part though, because I want it to release asap:D

Has there even been a rumoured release date? I can't see this being a 2019 release, 2020 I reckon, but then again I've zero idea how far along they are. Judging but the amount of content out there to view, 2020 release seems more likely to me. 2020 definitely sounds more futuristic than 2019 too :p

Soldato
Has there even been a rumoured release date? I can't see this being as 2019 release, 2020 I reckon, but then again I've zero idea how far along they are. Judging but the amount of content out there to view I still think a 2020 release seems more likely
Not heard anything but seen in Cohh's channel that many thinking it is (20)20-(0)7-(0)7 which could be 'converted' to 2077.. :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I thought they said the game is now fully playable from start to the end now? I would imagine now they need to work on polishing it and multiplayer or something? My guess is Q4 2019. I am happy to wait until 2020 though if it means even more polish and 7nm cards to play it on. I don't want a rushed buggy release.

Soldato
Afaik this build was put together around spring 2018, I remember some CDP people on twitter being cryptic about "I am very proud of all my CDP colleagues today".

I fully expect release in 2020 and possibly later. The game is huge, the fact that it can be played from start to finish means probably the main questline is completable but without all assets and polish. But then there are hundreds of sidequests, branching choices and consequences, entire city to build, cars to model, physics to create....it will take a while.

Back
Top Bottom