*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
dues ex was the only good deus ex game rest were pants

I have liked every single Deus Ex game. The only reason the others are not liked as much is because the original is so good. If you do not compare, they are all good games imo. People loved to bash invisible war, but I really enjoyed it. I agree it is not nearly as good as the first game, still does not make it bad. People just cannot help but compare, if not as good, it seems to equal trash for some reason. Lol.

Even with a weird ending and square enix getting in the way making that mini micro transaction game I still had a hell of a lot of fun with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I think it was my game of the year if I recall correctly. Even though I felt the story should have been a lot better.

Likewise. I think given the mistakes that were made with Mankind Divided (although I still enjoyed it), coupled with just how amazing this game looks, I doubt we'll see another DE game anytime soon if at all. Cyberpunk 2077 will set a new precedence in the RPG Tech Noir genre. Anything in a similar vein is bound to draw comparisons and will struggle to compete imo.
Yeah man. Square Enix I think got in the way of their own sales. Remove micro transactions, remove mini game, put that time and effort to add another hub (made London one bigger) and make a ending that would be satisfying and it would have had a lot better reviews and sales.

I agree that it is likely Cyberpunk will set the bar so high it will either be a very good or very bad thing for us. As either they won’t bother as it would be too costly for them to compete or they will and we will have a great Deus Ex game on our hands.

Soldato
The gameplay video states that there are multiple methods of completing missions, some that are loud and lethal, and some that are stealthy and non-lethal.

Just found the answer to my question.

"In an interview, CD Projekt Red quest designer Patrick Mills confirmed to Game Informer that, while you'll have a lot variety in your choices throughout Cyberpunk, your role within its world will make it impossible to always take a non-lethal approach. "You do play as a mercenary, so there are not non-violent solutions to all problems," he said. "It's not possible go through the game non-violently. You're a mercenary. Your job is violence."" - Link

Soldato

"In an interview, CD Projekt Red quest designer Patrick Mills confirmed to Game Informer that, while you'll have a lot variety in your choices throughout Cyberpunk, your role within its world will make it impossible to always take a non-lethal approach. "You do play as a mercenary, so there are not non-violent solutions to all problems," he said. "It's not possible go through the game non-violently. You're a mercenary. Your job is violence."" - Link

Ah ha! Well that's told me :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Fine by me, never particularly enjoyed playing stealthy in these type games. Tried it in Deus Ex games but it is a lot more fun going lethal :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was just looking Deus Ex Mankind Divided pics released by devs before the game was released and noticed how the graphics look kind of raytraced or something as they are so nice, sharp and shiny. The game was nothing like this in the final release and I have 4K and tried it maxed out.

Game devs love to do stuff like this. I hope CD Projekt learnt there lesson and won't do it with Cyberpunk.

Another game called Technomancer also did it. The pictures they show on steam are nothing like in game graphics. I thought steam made a new policy that only in-game shots can be used there to show off the game?

SS47Rdg.jpg

7jFhpcs.jpg

Soldato
Just to quote a sentence from the first page - "Cyberpunk 2077 is currently planned for a 2013 release on the PC!"

Soldato

Good! Far too much non-violence in games these days ;)

Soldato
Soldato
I was just looking Deus Ex Mankind Divided pics released by devs before the game was released and noticed how the graphics look kind of raytraced or something as they are so nice, sharp and shiny. The game was nothing like this in the final release and I have 4K and tried it maxed out.

Game devs love to do stuff like this. I hope CD Projekt learnt there lesson and won't do it with Cyberpunk.

Another game called Technomancer also did it. The pictures they show on steam are nothing like in game graphics. I thought steam made a new policy that only in-game shots can be used there to show off the game?

*snippy snip*

The thing is, 'in game' is VERY loosely used. You think photo modes in games were there for us? No, they are photo modes mostly put in to grab heavily processed pictures for the 'in game footage'. As much as I love CD PR and close to them personally. They are far from perfect in this regard...

maxresdefault.jpg

I wish Witcher 3 looked as good as they showcased it in E3. But these days, you have to take anything released before it hits the shelf as wishful thinking.

Soldato
The final game has different color grading, less sharpening and less NPC entities, but looks otherwise same as that shot. There are better shots that show off downgrades.

In any case I doubt they would want to go through the same hysteria again, so I expect CDP will be pretty careful to keep at least the PC version on the level shown in the demo.

Soldato
I think Witcher looks better now than what is shown in that pic. Way too sharp and grainy.

Yup witcher 3 much better than above.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Witcher 3 is absolutely stunning. My #1 game of all time. However, having read the books I wish the world was a little more grainy and dark. But still, the world is perfect in Witcher 3. No game has come close to replicating the feel of running through a dense forest in Witcher 3. Maayybbeeeee Kingdom come deliverance? But that was too soft.

Back
Top Bottom