*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Ah, I see StrongSad found very little to do in the game as well, bloody CDPR making these short games with nowt to do.
Out of the 440 hours I've put into CP, at least half are with mods, as that does freshen the game up a bit.

Also, what is Cultist simulator? Do you play as David Koresh or something?

Cultist Simulator? :confused::cry:

I have never played it. It was part of a HB so it was added to the catalogue of "steam games I never installed"

Actually, I don't think that has been made.
Note to self. Create "Steam library simulator!" to include 1000 Achievements.

Soldato
I've definitely run out of things to do despite having fewer hours than some here.......

PE0l8vI.jpg

I've spent hours scouring roofs, back alleys etc and found loads of cool little stories on datashards, diary's etc which all expand the world 1 story at a time but, as I mentioned a month or so ago, the DLC's better hurry up because there's been no new content in so long (Feb???) that I'm just one amongst many who've just stopped playing for the time being.

Soldato
think I'm about 215 hours, completed it once and seen most endings. Started a few newer playthroughs with mods but really just waiting for the expansion before doing another full run

Soldato
I am still having a whale of a time with this game. Enjoying it almost as much as Elden Ring, to be honest (well maybe that's going too far, but I am definitely addicted). The only thing I think I am not liking is the way the weapon scaling and upgrading works.

There are a number of iconic weapons in the game, which seem like they're supposed to be the signature weapons for a build and the most fun to play around with. But... they scale to the level you pick them up at and the cost to upgrade them gets exponentially higher each time you improve them.

This means either you wait to pick up some weaopns until you are higher level (though you won't know in advance which are the ones to do this with), you just accept that the game's most iconic and fun weapons will be useless, and much worse than random ones you find at a higher level (which doesn't feel at all right from an in-game lore point-of-view, a role-playing point-of-view or a gameplay point-of-view), or you spend an absolutely incredible amount of time and Eddies gathering masses of upgrade components in a desperate attempt to keep these weapons relevant as you level up.

Very grating. "So here is the best sniper rifle in the City. The one you went on a special quest to get for me and that I have been bigging up for the last couple of hours. In a few more hours, though, it will barely tickle enemies and you will find more powerful ones just lying in the street..."

I get they couldn't dump level 50 weapons on you early game, but I'm now at the point I can't afford any more upgrades and all of the iconic weapons I most like are becoming wet noodles.

Either I am mising something really obvious or I should install some of the upgrade mods, I guess.

Soldato
I am still having a whale of a time with this game. Enjoying it almost as much as Elden Ring, to be honest (well maybe that's going too far, but I am definitely addicted). The only thing I think I am not liking is the way the weapon scaling and upgrading works.

There are a number of iconic weapons in the game, which seem like they're supposed to be the signature weapons for a build and the most fun to play around with. But... they scale to the level you pick them up at and the cost to upgrade them gets exponentially higher each time you improve them.

This means either you wait to pick up some weaopns until you are higher level (though you won't know in advance which are the ones to do this with), you just accept that the game's most iconic and fun weapons will be useless, and much worse than random ones you find at a higher level (which doesn't feel at all right from an in-game lore point-of-view, a role-playing point-of-view or a gameplay point-of-view), or you spend an absolutely incredible amount of time and Eddies gathering masses of upgrade components in a desperate attempt to keep these weapons relevant as you level up.

Very grating. "So here is the best sniper rifle in the City. The one you went on a special quest to get for me and that I have been bigging up for the last couple of hours. In a few more hours, though, it will barely tickle enemies and you will find more powerful ones just lying in the street..."

I get they couldn't dump level 50 weapons on you early game, but I'm now at the point I can't afford any more upgrades and all of the iconic weapons I most like are becoming wet noodles.

Either I am mising something really obvious or I should install some of the upgrade mods, I guess.

there's a few mods which really enhance the game without ruining the balance

Soldato
there's a few mods which really enhance the game without ruining the balance

Cheers.

I ended up installing a similar one that uses a linear level-based cost for upgrades, so that way it will still cost more to upgrade high-level weapons, but it won't have that prohibitive expontential increase based on the number of times you've upgraded rather than the weapon's level. Looking forward to trying that out tonight.

Also found one that lets you have more than one quickslot - which always seemed like an odd limitation, and means you can't use blood pump and have a grenade ready at the same time, for instance.

Soldato
After playing around with those two mods installed, I have been having even more fun with this game. I love the different ways you can approach objectives in most missions. I am still fleshing out my build and haven't leant fully into any approach other than hacking, so I've been grinning ear to ear whilst trying out different playstyles.

Most missions I have been my default uber netrunner, finding a nice out-of-the-way spot, hacking into the camera system and taking down everyone in the area with remotely-delivered hacks and before moving in to pick up the objective.

I also ran some as a non-lethal ghost, using optical camo and distractions to divert attention away from me, and making use of rooftops, underfloor walkways and hatches to sneak in and out without anyone knowing I was there.

I got the knife throwing perk a few levels ago, and also played as a deadly ninja asassin - throwing knives from the shadows, snapping necks, frying enemies' vision and slicing them up in a blur of blades. The enemies know death is stalking them, but they never lay eyes on me.

Lately I've wanted to give a more brute force approach a whirl, so I've been making good use of speed and armour boosts, and running straight into danger with a shotgun and gorilla arms to smash and blast my way past everything. I take lots of damage, but biomonitor, blood pump and second heart keep me on my feet until everything is pulped.

Or I can mix up any of these on the fly. And there's always my smart AR for some mid-range carnage if that seems to be needed.

The great thing is, each of these is immense fun in its own way. My character feels really over-powered in each scenario (except maybe the ghost one, where it can be tricky to stay non-lethal and unseen), but in a very satisfying way. There are still some things I've not tried as well, like grenades, the time-dilation cyberware, tech weapons shooting through walls, sniping, poison...

Soldato

Just the "blessings" of leveling up instead of actually implementing some proper gameplay mechanics. They've done a terrible job with The Witcher as well on that front.

Soldato
Just the "blessings" of leveling up instead of actually implementing some proper gameplay mechanics. They've done a terrible job with The Witcher as well on that front.

yeah really not keen on their levelling mechanics. Feels like playing an MMO with gear scores in a single player game

Man of Honour
A game like this is somewhat about levelling up and to some degree "gear scores" but they've approached it in a horrible way - in fact I don't think it was really "approached" more they stuck in whatever was working as best they could.

Associate
I enjoy this game much more when I completely ignore the crafting / upgrade system. I simply buy and loot my gear and weapons and use a mod to upgrade them. Not only is this far less tedious but I find it more immersive too. You can use the mod to upgrade any item to legendary status if you choose to but I don't go that far. I restrict myself to upgrade only. If the iconic weapon I find is of rare quality then it stays that way.

Wear What You Want

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well that's one reason to reinstall the game for sure. Looks like new gameplay mech too but given past experience with the OG game, won't hold any breath.

Back
Top Bottom