*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Yes I had a naive moment then didn't I lol. Maybe I just want to believe they are genuine but they are bigger than ubisoft now so maybe not.

Dont get me wrong, what they said in the press release probably wasnt a lie, they probably do have many bugs to address. Especially in a game of this complexity, its just that perhaps it wasnt...shall we say..the whole truth. At least thats what the cynic in me says :D

Soldato
I don't think racism is part of this, or money. It's simply that they are bug fixing.

I would like to believe that, I guess we’ll see. The usual types have already been complaining about the ‘Animals’ gang (even though they are not mono-racial) and that walkthrough that was released with the black dude who was a stereotypical ‘pimp’ type of character.

Associate
Delay obviously linked to the timing of the next gen release and yeah bug fixing etc etc etc. All understandable but I’ve naturally just about lost all interest in it now. I’ll likely just stumble across a review or advert once it eventually gets finished and I’ll just think “oh yeah wow, Cyberpunk actually released in the end then”. Sure I’ll buy it but I’m hardly gonna keep counting down the days (or should I say months).

Soldato
Delay obviously linked to the timing of the next gen release and yeah bug fixing etc etc etc. All understandable but I’ve naturally just about lost all interest in it now. I’ll likely just stumble across a review or advert once it eventually gets finished and I’ll just think “oh yeah wow, Cyberpunk actually released in the end then”. Sure I’ll buy it but I’m hardly gonna keep counting down the days (or should I say months).
And it may flop like last of us part 2

Man of Honour
And it may flop like last of us part 2

I'm very excited for Cyberpunk, if I am wary of one thing..and its something I've mentioned before, its that the hype/bar has been set SO high for Cyberpunk that I wonder if it can possibly live up to expectations and whether it will ultimately end in disappointment for many. I hope not, I hope its a belting good game but thats my one concern.

Associate
I'm very excited for Cyberpunk, if I am wary of one thing..and its something I've mentioned before, its that the hype/bar has been set SO high for Cyberpunk that I wonder if it can possibly live up to expectations and whether it will ultimately end in disappointment for many. I hope not, I hope its a belting good game but thats my one concern.

A very valid concern which I also began thinking a while back

The delays are a real shame as there’s little if anything I’m interested in playing this year. Still need to complete HL Alyx then probably just go back to Elite Dangerous, Division 2 etc until I eventually tire of gaming altogether

Associate
This is also going to be their first first person game, i found the controls in witcher 3 a bit clunky and the combat turned into a chore and not enjoyable in my opinion, plus the game was so long, i found it a struggle near the end

Man of Honour
I'm not fussed about the delays. It'll be ready when it's ready. I really cant see CDPR screwing this up and even if it's not the best thing ever, it's not going to be anything like the TLOU2. CDPR wouldnt release a turd.

I think the problem is, that we say that about everything... so and so wouldnt make a bad movie, such and such a company wouldnt release a turd (I'm looking at you Mass Effect Andromeda :D ), the trouble is that nobody, not an actor, singer, novelist, director or game company will always release good stuff. At some point, someone always releases something which is cack. Its really a case of that old saying that you are only as good as your last <insert item>. CDPR have been great and will hopefully continue to be so but they arent perfect or infallible, they may be less likely to release a turd but they are still capable of doing so if the stars align in that way. I've lost track of the number of game companies that I have thought were the most awesome game company going, only for them to do something stupid/release some crap.

Caporegime
I think what concerns me is that the only thing that will be unique or different about this game will be the setting. All the mechanics, the story, the progression, the upgrades, they’ll all be cookie cutter with no evolution or anything new or different. The setting will carry you for a while, but a new lick of paint won’t cover up anything underneath for long.

Soldato
I think what concerns me is that the only thing that will be unique or different about this game will be the setting. All the mechanics, the story, the progression, the upgrades, they’ll all be cookie cutter with no evolution or anything new or different. The setting will carry you for a while, but a new lick of paint won’t cover up anything underneath for long.

Most likely will fit the same gameplay mechanics every other (open world) RPG has, with plenty of gimping and artificial limits to fit within a "level" system rather than going with something more natural. 1 click and this bullet magically does 25% more damage! They're not quite Chris Roberts in pushing boundaries! :D

Other than that, it should be a fun experience though characters, story branching, etc. What they've shown so far is pretty much up there with what Deus Ex was offering and did not look bad at all - at least to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am disappointed it’s been delayed, but I don’t mind when the developer is honest with its audience like this. Plus hopefully by then I’ll be able to afford a GFX Card upgrade :p

Soldato
Selfishly, happy with the delay. Am off from Nov through to new year with way holidays have worked out at work with Covid impact. like others planning for a 3080Ti or whatever the high end GPU with HDMI 2.1 will to play 4k @ 120hz + G-Sync on an OLED.

That said, I do prefer 3rd person over first person in these sorts of games, but still enjoy the odd Dues ex etc. Not quiet as hyped for the game as others so not expecting it to be a 10/10, but still expect it to be a smashing entry and if its better then I am expecting, will be a nice bonus.

Back
Top Bottom