Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Why?! Just wait for the next-gen version! If you've waited this long already, it makes no sense to play the inferior version now.

If CDPR's next gen upgrade is as good as what 4 A games did recently to Metro Exodus, then it's totally worth waiting for the next gen patch. Exodus is my first exposure to Ray tracing, and while not as "in your face" an upgrade as 30 to 60 fps is, it's not that far off its impact on a game.

Soldato
Why?! Just wait for the next-gen version! If you've waited this long already, it makes no sense to play the inferior version now.

Next gen doesn't have a date yet and the game seems fine after patching. Next gen won't game much game play wise and it already looks stunning in places. I can do another play through once next gen is out

Soldato
If CDPR's next gen upgrade is as good as what 4 A games did recently to Metro Exodus, then it's totally worth waiting for the next gen patch. Exodus is my first exposure to Ray tracing, and while not as "in your face" an upgrade as 30 to 60 fps is, it's not that far off its impact on a game.

Tbh whilst ray tracing is cool I think comparing to doubling the frame rate is a bit much. Does the PC version have it already? The game already looks fantastic and I needed a single player to get totally immersed in.

I must say it's the most enjoyable gaming session I've had for a while. No doubt I'll encounter some bugs and hopefully nome game breaking. They really should have delayed it another 6 months really (perhaps a year)

Soldato
Tbh whilst ray tracing is cool I think comparing to doubling the frame rate is a bit much. Does the PC version have it already? The game already looks fantastic and I needed a single player to get totally immersed in.

I must say it's the most enjoyable gaming session I've had for a while. No doubt I'll encounter some bugs and hopefully nome game breaking. They really should have delayed it another 6 months really (perhaps a year)

I don’t think it’s a stretch. I played a fair bit of Exodus pre-patch and post, and the difference it makes to the feel of the game, particularly one as reliant on light, is significant.

Cyberpunk I can only imagine would also benefit greatly from RT.

Soldato
I find the shooting in the Metro games a bit janky. Exodus does look the part though I dropped it fairly early on. Might give it another go.

It gets 100% better with the 60fps upgrade, but it's still not amazing. Not sure if intentional, because all the guns are supposed to be old and a bit makeshift. I also had to realise early on, that it's much less of a shooter than I thought it will be.

Soldato
There still isn't a series x patch is there?

This may seem pedantic, but it was "patched" from day one to work on the next-gen consoles. The full next-gen version won't be out until later this year though.

I can very much see them doing some kind of soft re-launch then, to try and drum up some interest in the game again. I really cannot imagine what the past 8 months has cost them in lost sales.

Back
Top Bottom