Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
Probably a silly question that shows how out of touch I am, but...is Cyberpunk running fine on PS4 Pro these days? Would you recommend it to someone who owns just a PS4 Pro and a mediocre gaming PC (GTX 970 4GB, i5-3570K, 16GB Memory, SSD)? Or should I just wait until I upgrade my PC, or manage to get a PS5?

Soldato
I think I saw something about Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk updates coming early next year.

Cyberpunk played fine on the Stadia, but since I finished I've not picked it up again. Might do another playthrough now I've got a 3080.

Soldato
Picked a copy up Second Hand with a 20% Ebay code a few months ago - paid about £15 I think it was. I inserted it in our old PS4 to make sure the disc could be read and then back in its box.
Still won't be touching it until the native PS5 version is released.

Associate
Probably a silly question that shows how out of touch I am, but...is Cyberpunk running fine on PS4 Pro these days? Would you recommend it to someone who owns just a PS4 Pro and a mediocre gaming PC (GTX 970 4GB, i5-3570K, 16GB Memory, SSD)? Or should I just wait until I upgrade my PC, or manage to get a PS5?

In short, no. You can brute force this game to play "well" but a next gen console eg. PS5 or high-end PC is still advised to get the most out of it. Unless you really, really love the cyberpunk aesthetic/genre give this a game a miss. So many games out there more worthy of your time & money.

Last edited:
Associate
Genuinely curious, I only played briefly on release, but do people enjoy the combat? It felt a bit clunky when I tried to play before and I'm not sure if I really want to invest time in playing again

Associate
Genuinely curious, I only played briefly on release, but do people enjoy the combat? It felt a bit clunky when I tried to play before and I'm not sure if I really want to invest time in playing again

Yup, I thought it was janky, too. Plus, combat becomes trivial later in the game ...

Soldato

There are a fair few clips online, of people doing some pretty impressive stuff with the mantis blades - so it seems that there is a little bit of scope to make the combat a bit more jazzy, but if you're a guns/hacker type, then the combat is pretty repetitive.

Just as an aside.

I'll go back to the game and finish it at some point (a few side quests to do before entering the final mission) - but I cannot help but feel that the entire game was made out to be so much more than what was delivered; they even made a big show of the different gangs and the weapons they used - making you feel like taking on the higher level groups with the best tech would be certain death. The reality was that they just went for the Denisty-esq colour ratings instead, and you didn't really feel like you were progressing through tiers of better tech/weapons.

The whole body modification thing was also really 'meh' - I envisaged actually having to undergo operations, and then seeing the new unlock being grafted to your player - but after the initial installation of eyes - it was just putting better upgrades into slots in your inventory.

Oh well, it is what it is, and although not a patch on Witcher 3; it is still enjoyable enough and the setting is amazing.

Soldato
I started again recently on series x, as I stopped playing after getting onto chapter 2 I think a while back. I will take my time. I'm not fussed about the next gen patch, people seem to think the next gen patch is going to make the game something special when in reality it will still be the hyped up game that never delivered on many things. Sure it may look a little prettier but that's it.

Soldato
It seems rather likely to me that they'll use the next-gen versions to do a soft-relaunch of the game, so I'd expect a slew of fixes, improvements and potentially new features in addition to the expected visual and performance improvements.

Back
Top Bottom