Daley abused on Twitter after diving failure.

Caporegime
There was absolutely no need to mention his dead father.

Indeed, he could have said Daley you suck or you let all of Britain down etc but no the muppet went and made a jibe about his recently deceased father...which imho is totally uncalled for.

Hes been arrested the little twitter troll, hopefully this will teach him a lesson for future conduct.

Soldato
Considering his dad died recently and his age also his age I'd imagine so.

Be interesting if someone rips into you when someone dies you love, or maybe you don't have anyone

I wouldn't care what some little chump on twitter had to say. :confused:

Soldato
Horrible thing to do, but a win for society. A mouthy uneducated scrote of a human being is made an example of by mass media and then arrested. Its brilliant. The more it happens the better.

Soldato
If we're going to start arresting people for internet insults and empty threats then the police stations are going to be very very busy.
This.

I don't understand this tbh. OK it's sad when someone talks about your dead father (I would know, my father died when I was about 13), but seriously why on earth are the Police getting involved? Whaaaambulace anyone? :D

Oh well, it's just another reason, out of countless others, for me to laugh at the lolpolice. They have time to arrest people for nothing, yep, absolutely nothing, but when someone tries to steal my car they effectively tell me to **** off. :D

Man of Honour
If we're going to start arresting people for internet insults and empty threats then the police stations are going to be very very busy.

I don't think everyone is going to get arrested for "internet insults and empty threats", the point is that they want to be seen to be doing something on high profile cases.
Remember some Welsh student got banged up for having a pop at Muamba on Twitter not that long ago, similar thing.
Same goes for the people 'inciting riots' on facebook last year, it was a very high profile news story, the authorities come down hard on somebody to make them a scapegoat.

Regardless of whether one agrees with this approach or not, I don't think it is indicative of a wholesale widespread change in policy. If I abuse somebody and say I'm coming round to smash their face in on a social networking site, and it is seen by a handful of associates, nothing will happen. If I do the same to a celebrity in such a fashion that it gets instant exposure to tens or hundreds of thousands of people, or in relation to a high-profile event and it gets mainstream publicity, then I'm at risk.

Soldato
While it seems a bit extreme the police dealing with it, it does break the malicious communications act of '88. Because of who it was against as well and the death threats it would kind of make sense for some action to be done considering hundreds of thousands/millions will have heard about it. The whole "you can't/shouldn't do this".

It will all be forgotten about anyway in a few days :)

Sir Clive Woodward, the Deputy Chef de Mission for Team GB, said Daley was taking the incident "in his stride".
Also good to hear, low blow by the twitter scum but Tom's gone through bullying at score and overcome it and well now he's in the Olympics.

Permabanned
While it seems a bit extreme the police dealing with it, it does break the malicious communications act of '88. Because of who it was against as well and the death threats it would kind of make sense for some action to be done considering hundreds of thousands/millions will have heard about it. The whole "you can't/shouldn't do this".

The fact that he was arrested for malicious communication and not threats to kill tells you that the police didn't take the threat seriously.

So it really does amount to saying something nasty.

Caporegime
Police said the teenager was given a harassment warning before being bailed pending an investigation into other communications on his Twitter account.
He threatened multiple people and racially abused others. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up with a charge, there was so much evidence against him it should be easy.

Back
Top Bottom