Daley abused on Twitter after diving failure.

Caporegime
It's unfortunate that a lot of twitter abuse goes unnoticed but when you start issuing death threats to someone that is very high profile it's going to attract a huge amount of attention. Hopefully he'll get the book thrown at him and it sends a big big message to anyone who thinks it's okay to send endless abuse and death threats to people regardless of profile.

It only takes a quick browse through his twitter feed to work out what am awful person the perpetrator is.

Caporegime
I think its more that there is just a general attitude that saying stuff like that is ok because "its only Twitter, lol!".

It doesn't help when people who threaten to blow up airports get let off either.

Associate
Delete Twitter account, get on with life, job done. Why on Earth professional athletes even bother with Twitter is baffling to me. Is it purely an ego trip or for promotion purposes?

Soldato
Delete Twitter account, get on with life, job done. Why on Earth professional athletes even bother with Twitter is baffling to me. Is it purely an ego trip or for promotion purposes?

Both.

All Twitter is, is a marketing tool... 99% of the celebs (well 20% rest have people tweet for them) are fake.. They dont post true feelings etc. The 1% mainly Ricky Gervais posts exactly what he thinks... How twitter should be. Not the typical celeb saying they use a 'bargain' shampoo...LIES lol.

Caporegime

They use it as a tool to promote themselves, in addition it makes the fans feel more connected and in touch and 'valued' by the celebs.

In a media hungry world it's perfect.

Man of Honour
Are the police going to investigate all the threats that the numpty received with the same vigour?

Of course not...

Good job we don't have a right to free speech in the country.

Back
Top Bottom