US: Dark Matter - may contain spoilers

Soldato
Damn that's a shame it's been one of the better shows they've produced in recent years, I can't imagine Killjoys will be around much longer either.

Edit: Killjoys has been renewed for a 4th and 5th final season.

Associate
Damn that's a shame it's been one of the better shows they've produced in recent years, I can't imagine Killjoys will be around much longer either.

Edit: Killjoys has been renewed for a 4th and 5th final season.

Of the two I felt Dark Matter was more entertaining and slightly less "budget" so I'm surpised Killjoys gets a pass.

Soldato
Well that's a bummer :( I watched both Dark Matter and Killjoys but preferred the feel of Dark Matter more. I don't think season 3 was as good as the first 2 however I was enjoying them setting up more overarching plot lines and I hoping to see where they all led :(

Man of Honour
Syfy has become pretty contemptible I certainly won't be supporting them or even investing in any way into any shows they make in future because there is such a high chance they will cancel them on a whim. They completely fail at being able to reach out to their audience or monetise their products effectively i.e. the messing about with The Expanse has resulted in a lot of people pirating it.

I bought every single episode of Dark Matter as I enjoyed it they certainly won't be getting that from any other show they make from me.

Man of Honour
With the news of it being cancelled I doubt I will finish it now tbh I can't stand unfinished story's

Story from seasons 1 and 2 are fairly well wrapped up other than some side stuff which was being used to flesh out season 3 and later. Season 3 is a lot more generic so most people probably won't be that bothered ultimately with the unfinished stuff though it looked like it was building up to something interesting - but it hadn't really got to a point where you'd likely be that invested in any one story line.

Season 1 by far is the best bit of the show though.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So in light of recent news, as someone who hasn't watched season 2 yet, should I bother with it or not?

Soldato
So in light of recent news, as someone who hasn't watched season 2 yet, should I bother with it or not?

It's got some nice moments, but does little to further the overall story arc. We find out some interesting things about some of the characters (such as the origin of the android). It seems that almost every episode is a setup for something in the future, but that was all supposed to come in series 3, which doesn't look like it's happening. It's all a bit disjointed with every episode like a standalone single, instead of part of a single story.

Associate

I enjoyed season 2 but it ends on a cliffhanger so I'd suggest watching it with the foreknowledge that you may end up wanting more.

Back
Top Bottom