Dark Souls 3

Soldato
It's worth getting just to experience a Souls game, Cheesy. Nothing else plays like them - they're a genre of one series - and you'll either fall in love with the trippy fever dream atmosphere and punishing gameplay, or hate it and gtfo :) I fall into the former camp. The Souls games are the only games that I drop everything else to play!

Soldato
Yeah, getting to him now. He's too big for the room! and there are 2 mutts! Top of the stairs, right in the corner, bomb the dogs and drop hit him and avoid his weapon like the plague1

Haha, yea, the Dark Souls Parody video on youtube got that boss perfectly. He just butt rushes you and so do his dogs. Guard up, do NOT auto aim on him, run for the stairs (well roll) and kill off dogs. Then jump attack him, rinse repeat.

Got him first time on my sorcerer playthrough.

Soldato
I am so ready for this game! There is nothing quite like a Souls game to get in to.

I am however slightly worried about 'Souls fatigue' for want of a better phrase. I haven't played Bloodborne, but I have played a hell of a lot of DS one and two, and I just hope it still feels fresh to me.

Soldato
I am so ready for this game! There is nothing quite like a Souls game to get in to.

I am however slightly worried about 'Souls fatigue' for want of a better phrase. I haven't played Bloodborne, but I have played a hell of a lot of DS one and two, and I just hope it still feels fresh to me.

I got serious DS fatigue with 2, played it too much. Haven't loaded my save for over a year, and playing DS1 with DSfix is getting me very excited for this game :)

Soldato
2 bosses I HATED when I was 'new' to the game was Capra Demon and O+S.

My god, screw those dogs with Capra... You'll see :D

Capra Demon was an ****, such a frustrating fight mechanic because of the limited space to play around in. Literally zone through the fog and you get jumped on.

For some reason I did not have a problem with Ornstein and Smough

Sif on the other hand took me ages! As did Artorias, Manus and Kalameet! My god Kalameet took me forever.

I did enjoy DS2 a lot, but as some others have commented the world design just wasnt as good IMO. Also the cashing in on the SOTFS re release sucked, especially since I was a day 1 season pass purchase customer. I bought SOTFS anyway, and I will probably do the same with DS3 if they pulled the same stunt.

DS3 will be the gaming event for 2016 for me. Love the games. I just hope that 21:9 is supported natively and that HaYDeN doesnt have to create a FW patch for it.

Permabanned
In the rare event that some fans still aren't aware of him, VaatiVidya has some of the best content on the series by far. Hugely informative when it comes to the lore.

Just watched that last (Japanese) launch trailer. I've been avoiding getting too hype for this game, mainly because I personally was thoroughly disappointed in 2 and didn't wanna go through the same thing again (well, potentially), and in general I think it's somewhat more enjoyable going in with as little prior knowledge as possible.

but...

That's Gwyn's Firstborn riding the dragon, right? The whole area looked amazing, what a way to round out a series, and bet that's not even the final boss fight.

Really didn't want this to happen, but my excitement has gone from like 0 - 100 :o I have hopes that can pull something great off once again, but I'll try to prepare myself for disappointment just in case :(

Also kinda annoyed how there's so much coverage of the game so early on (I know the Japanese release is prob in a few hours, but still...) Looking at Twitter, etc. there seems to be an abundance of live streamers covering the game right now. Personally I won't be watching them myself, but I thought part of the appeal of Dark Souls was discovering things by yourself, and overcoming the challenges you face? Seems kinda redundant to intentionally spoil them for yourself. I'm guessing Bandai Namco is only letting them cover up to a certain part of the game, e.g. what they've already shown?

Soldato
Just watched that last (Japanese) launch trailer. I've been avoiding getting too hype for this game, mainly because I personally was thoroughly disappointed in 2 and didn't wanna go through the same thing again (well, potentially), and in general I think it's somewhat more enjoyable going in with as little prior knowledge as possible.

but...

That's Gwyn's Firstborn riding the dragon, right? The whole area looked amazing, what a way to round out a series, and bet that's not even the final boss fight.

Really didn't want this to happen, but my excitement has gone from like 0 - 100 :o I have hopes that can pull something great off once again, but I'll try to prepare myself for disappointment just in case :(

Also kinda annoyed how there's so much coverage of the game so early on (I know the Japanese release is prob in a few hours, but still...) Looking at Twitter, etc. there seems to be an abundance of live streamers covering the game right now. Personally I won't be watching them myself, but I thought part of the appeal of Dark Souls was discovering things by yourself, and overcoming the challenges you face? Seems kinda redundant to intentionally spoil them for yourself. I'm guessing Bandai Namco is only letting them cover up to a certain part of the game, e.g. what they've already shown?

I avoid the streams because you are right, I want surprises. I am slightly concerned about the speed of the combat, I like to parry and back stab which perfectly suit a slower speed I *think*. But like someone confirmed, this has the whole of the original dark souls team involved, unlike 2... I'm optimistic because they are simply geniuses.

Associate
Fantastic series of games that really do test your will to keep going. The only games I generally bother with now, reminding me of life before quicksaves.

Frustrating as Hell, but they give a real sense of achievement that games like HL2 can only dream of.

Soldato
Nice community relations from Namco :eek:

XB1 owners can buy & play right now due to a store glitch.
Japanese Steam owners can buy & play right now.
Streamers Namco gave the game to early are playing right now (all 65 of them on Steam a few moments ago!!)

Non Japanese Steam owners & loyal DS fans have to wait almost 3 weeks even though the game is clearly ready right now to be played :(

The Namco community rep better have good news for us tomorrow! the logic alone does not stack up at all does it :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/712515565194186752

Back
Top Bottom