Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Nice community relations from Namco :eek:

XB1 owners can buy & play right now due to a store glitch.
Japanese Steam owners can buy & play right now.
Streamers Namco gave the game to early are playing right now (all 65 of them on Steam a few moments ago!!)

Non Japanese Steam owners & loyal DS fans have to wait almost 3 weeks even though the game is clearly ready right now to be played :(

The Namco community rep better have good news for us tomorrow! the logic alone does not stack up at all does it :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/712515565194186752

Hopefully they are test subjects and we get an awesome patch!

Still amazed how well Dark Souls plays today, completely addicted again! Just had the epic battle with the first Red Drake/Dragon on the bridge, out of estus flasks and heals, it was nail biting, but JUST did it.

Moments like that are rare in games these days... the relief and satisfaction. Unmatched since Ghouls'N Ghosts on the Megadrive(beating it)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully they are test subjects and we get an awesome patch!

Still amazed how well Dark Souls plays today, completely addicted again! Just had the epic battle with the first Red Drake/Dragon on the bridge, out of estus flasks and heals, it was nail biting, but JUST did it.

Moments like that are rare in games these days... the relief and satisfaction. Unmatched since Ghouls'N Ghosts on the Megadrive(beating it)

What!! Didnt realise you could fight that dragon?? Played through several times myself! Would just love a graphical overhaul! It does look nice in places still

Soldato
What!! Didnt realise you could fight that dragon?? Played through several times myself! Would just love a graphical overhaul! It does look nice in places still

It takes a long time to beat him/her but it can be done!(you might die a lot, defo burnt!) I installed DSfix from the nexus mod site, read up on how to install it and the best settings and it looks better then bloodbourne! lol I did have to force v-sync through my nvidia control panel, card was still too fast with all the effects maxed(got some tearing). I highly recommend polishing up your skills for DS3, I'm loving it :)

Soldato
Well as anticipated , pre-ordered the deluxe digital edition today. I have yet to 'spolier' myself, and just generally looking forward to getting into the game now. Will it be as good as 'Prepare to Die'?....probably not. If it is as good as SOTFS though I will be a happy bunny.

Associate
Anyone know if this will support 21:9?

Literally one of my fav series of games and cant wait....just hope I don't have to fiddle around with mods too much to get it to fit on my monitor.

Associate
I'm totally fine with a souls game. I played Demon's Souls after importing. And Dark Souls on release. But never played 2, or bloodbourne.

I don't view trailers or gameplay for anything I'm already interested in, because I see no point. I think discovering a new enemy or location for yourself is better than seeing it in some gameplay.

I'm just going to wait a few days after release to make sure it runs fine on PC!
Hoping.

Soldato
Anyone know if this will support 21:9?

Literally one of my fav series of games and cant wait....just hope I don't have to fiddle around with mods too much to get it to fit on my monitor.

The million $ question for me as well.

Hopefully its native, but failing that I am sure the community will fix it via flawless widescreen etc (as with DS1 and DS2).Although this might delay when I can actually start to play it.

Soldato
It takes a long time to beat him/her but it can be done!(you might die a lot, defo burnt!) I installed DSfix from the nexus mod site, read up on how to install it and the best settings and it looks better then bloodbourne! lol I did have to force v-sync through my nvidia control panel, card was still too fast with all the effects maxed(got some tearing). I highly recommend polishing up your skills for DS3, I'm loving it :)

Am tempted, and its been long enough now that i have forgoten the lay out :D

Got lords of the fallen sitting on steam which is souls like

Soldato
Why did they release the game in Japan already, such a stupid move for such a big title :(

From publishes their own games in Japan so they basically released it as soon as it was finished.

Namco-Bandai publishes the game everywhere else, but they delayed its release deliberately until the new financial quarter starts (April 1st). This boosts their reporting numbers.

Associate
Started my first play through of Dark Souls yesterday with guidance from a friend, as I'd previously got very frustrated with being woefully bad at the combat. Going to buy Scholar of the First Sins tonight and play through that. Hopefully by the time I've managed to get through DS2, 3 will have been released and I'll be able to jump straight in :)

Soldato
Started my first play through of Dark Souls yesterday with guidance from a friend, as I'd previously got very frustrated with being woefully bad at the combat. Going to buy Scholar of the First Sins tonight and play through that. Hopefully by the time I've managed to get through DS2, 3 will have been released and I'll be able to jump straight in :)

I'd also suggest a guide on what to do and when. It REALLY helped me on my first playthrough as I enjoyed the grounds for the game, but just got frustrated with guessing what to do next.

Once I had a list to tick off, it really helped.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/darksouls/guide.asp?ID=13695

I'll finish off my sorcerer playthrough this weekend. I tried to play 2. But it just wasn't the same for me. The whole hub thing really peeved me off.

Soldato
First uk review, 9/10 from edge

Reviewed in the latest issue of EDGE, the PS4 version was praised by the reviewer for its "will-sappingly difficult" boss fights and "tightly designed" areas, but was criticised for its familiarity during the opening third.

The game's "astonishingly handsome" world also "lacks a little of the complexity of Miyazaki and From [Software] at their best", the review states, buts its boss fights are "set in beautiful arenas and soundtracked by the finest Souls music to date".

"With Dark Souls 3, Miyazaki has ensured his studio's reputation remains intact, and delivered on our expectations," the review says, "albeit a little too closely at times."

The review does not discuss the game's performance or its online mechanics.

Soldato
Best souls game so far IMO, even eclipses DaS1 for me.

Music is sensational, and the bosses were truly epic. Put aside any issues you may have with the new world design, this is light years beyond Souls 2, and a true return to form.

Back
Top Bottom