Dark Souls 3

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;29332516 said:
Best souls game so far IMO, even eclipses DaS1 for me.

Music is sensational, and the bosses were truly epic. Put aside any issues you may have with the new world design, this is light years beyond Souls 2, and a true return to form.

Thats all i needed to hear tbh :) so excited now! Playing salt and sanctuary to scratch the itch before release!

Soldato
The whole hub thing really peeved me off.

It is a shame, but I doubt it will make DS3 much less enjoyable. Demon's Souls was exactly the same and that is thought of as brilliant.

As for Dark Souls 2, it wasn't as connected as the first game, but you could still walk to pretty much every area in the game from any other just like DS1, the only real difference was you could warp from the start of the game. I know the level design was a lot more linear, and it wouldn't have been my preference, but I didn't find it an issue tbh.

Soldato
I was not a 'fan' of the whole hub in Demon Souls either.

If this is anything like Dark Souls 1 though my year will be complete. I will easily soak another 100ish hours into this one.

The only question remains, does it support 21:9? Not sure if anyone has read anything via google translate on a Japanese support site about this?*

*Actually reading on the steam forums about it, seems 21:9 is not supported natively.......again.. I just hope that HaYDeN uses his magic wand again on FW.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like 2. Apparently much better as it's more like Demon Souls. Where you have an 'area' not an entire level like DS2.

I'm a fan of 1 :( Open world ftw.

Sweet mate thanks, only recently got in to DS2 and must have put 100 + hours in to it in the space of a week, got proper addicted to it. I'm so excited for this :D

Associate
Why isn't this a worldwide release?

It's so stupid - the best time playing a souls game is the first week because everyone is struggling and finding strategies, bit miffed as the steamers and others that have bypassed the restriction have an advantage.

Soldato
where are ppl getting this from? Different editions of this? Quite fancy this as i did get heavily into DS2 on ps3 years ago tho didnt finish it.

Associate
been watching a bit of some of the streams on twitch (some people either have a pre-release/review copy or the japanese console release). Looks great & the gameplay looks very good; will definitely be getting it.

Associate
never played dark souls, no idea why, but this looks decent. I have nothing to play at all at the moment and thinking about getting one of the previous titles cheap to have a go at before this comes out, which one should I go for? I hear the first has tonnes of performance issues on PC, so the 2nd? or bloodborne?? cheers

Back
Top Bottom