Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Catacombs is my least favourite area tbh. Second time through though you can run through the entire area to the boss in about a minute

Also just had an epic moment. Had no estus left and a tiny amount of health in a boss fight. Was so close to killing him but scared to go near... Then one of my messages was rated and my health was restored!

Nice! Similar thing happened to me :)

Soldato
Get in. Smashed Aldritch first time in ng+. It was a fun run to him actually. Got invaded by 3 Aldritch faithfuls so I summoned a phantom that just happen to randomly appear right in top of me as I was hiding with chameleon on and we murdered them!

Permabanned
Yes. And definitely try to do so when you get down there.

I didn't know if it was possible either, but after beating the boss, I went back to pick up some items I missed and gave it a whack and am glad I did.

Nice one. I think there is a pale tongue around his feet and I fancy trying a respec a bit later on. I had two but I give them to the old bird thinking I could come back later and I would be in credit but alas it was not to be :)

Caporegime
Has any one raged hard at this yet? and at what bit? Just seen someone on youtube, northernlion or mathas one of them too, try to beat him. Looks.. hard.

I'm pretty close to it at the moment to be honest as it seems my save game has forgotten about all my gestures and I'm near the end..

I'm a lvl 55 knight and went to do Archdragon Peak having already killed Oceiros and got the path of the dragon gesture and a load of others along the way of course too. Now when I open the gestures all I've got are the default ones, so can't get to the peak at all amongst a load of other things too I'd guess.
This has happened in the last couple of hours as it was all good yesterday.
I've been playing this in offline mode all the time and I've not had any glitches, update fails or indeed any problems at all with the game. I've restarted / rebooted and done a steam integrity check a couple of times now with no problems at all. I've also tried looking for anything related to this on the steam forums and other places too but I'm not seeing anyone else with this problem or similar at all anywhere!?

Now I'm guessing here, but I take it that someone else's save wouldn't work as they're linked to your steam id?

*sigh* Time to watch some crap Sunday night tv I guess...

Soldato
OP
My ass was sore after this I'm not gonna lie. 2 blues 3 yellows and the host. Bloody world was seeded too.

A48B511FFA8E0CFC8688476790C1CAB663FC9770

Associate
Taking a break from the sorcerer for a bit as NG+ feels a bit easy right now. Created a deprived and going for a dex build I think...or that's how it's gone so far. Definitely proving more of a challenge. Iudex Gundyr was a lot more difficult requiring more patience than before although Vordt was just as easy as he was the first time round.

Into the undead settlement and it's evened out a little after the tough opening. I can honestly say this is far more of a challenge and now I have that bit more confidence with my own ability it's proving very rewarding.

When people say deprived is the way to play Dark souls they're not kidding!

Soldato
So I started my Pyro last night, my plan is to get that invisible ring and invade people and just gank them, hopefully it works out :D

Soldato
When people say deprived is the way to play Dark souls they're not kidding!
I dont think it really makes too much difference. Deprived starts you out with a decent weapon and balanced stats. Biggest advantage of Deprived is simply that you get to shape your character more to your liking. You gain initial levels pretty quickly so it doesn't take very long at all before you've got a stat build preferable to what you might have in another starting class.

I think what makes the biggest difference is going melee over magic. Not being able to just stand back and punish enemies heavily makes things significantly more challenging since you've gotta get up in the range of the enemy's attacks to do damage.

Soldato
I dont think it really makes too much difference. Deprived starts you out with a decent weapon and balanced stats. Biggest advantage of Deprived is simply that you get to shape your character more to your liking. You gain initial levels pretty quickly so it doesn't take very long at all before you've got a stat build preferable to what you might have in another starting class.

I think what makes the biggest difference is going melee over magic. Not being able to just stand back and punish enemies heavily makes things significantly more challenging since you've gotta get up in the range of the enemy's attacks to do damage.
Yea' I find deprived easy to start with to be honest, my 2nd character I didn't go deprived though as at 100 with the deprived I have 1-2 stats I don't need so it's not always the best to go.

Soldato
Yea' I find deprived easy to start with to be honest, my 2nd character I didn't go deprived though as at 100 with the deprived I have 1-2 stats I don't need so it's not always the best to go.
It's definitely a blank slate sort of class rather than some big extra challenge or anything. And if you see another starting class that has the sort of stats you want anyways, it's definitely good to go with that instead.

Anyways, I finally got to this Pontiff boss somebody mentioned earlier. And holy moly, he's like an even harder Fume Knight. Faster, seemingly has a ton of different combos, many of them quite long, has a few attacks that are barely 'telegraphed'(making them very hard to avoid) and can kill me in 2-3 hits.

It's a quick run to the boss so I've tried about 5 times but haven't managed to get more than maybe 15% of his health off. Just trying to stay alive and learn to dodge his attacks, but it's *very* hard to survive for even 60 seconds, so I'm not learning a whole lot each run.

Back
Top Bottom