Dark Souls 3

Once you get the hang of the game it becomes great. I just getting to the nameless king :)

Doing another tank build but need some advice, I am using the lotheric knight sword.

Infused with Heavy Gem + 9, whilst it's alittle lower than the Dark Sword {which btw has been nurfed}, it does critical hit damage of 100.

Should I infuse it with a Simple/Fire Gem? the problem I find is the scaling when it's gem infused doesn't do to much on damage but scales on the magic.

whats the best way to scale on using gems?

I've just realised having not been able to pass a bridge, I've missed cathedral of the deep. I've also only just noticed that stability on shields plays a part in your stamina when blocking :o

Game black screens upon exiting when desktop is set to 144hz. Doesn't seem a way round this other than to restart your PC or set desktop to 120hz. Even using task manager sometimes bombs it. Any other way round this if you want to keep 144hz?

You're not alone, I've seen all the praise for these games and kind of wonder what I'm not seeing as well. I've actually only played Demon's Souls on the PS3 so far. I did maybe 2 or 3 acts so far, and even those were a struggle. I haven't gone back to it for a few months now, I started to lose interest as you said, with death, after death... after death. When I would (finally) get to the boss, I'd die after a few moments, not really learning anything, and my enthusiasm for wanting to learn slowly decreasing. I just ended up getting frustrated and turning it off. I don't have much patience at the best of times, and as an aging gamer I find that I want enjoyment rather than work, and I found this work.

Its about the accomplishment, sure you can play an easier game and probably complete it but likely gain very little satisfaction from that experience and never think about it again.

Sure the games require patience to some extent, but a lot of it is actually understanding that dieing is completely fine.
The game begs you to quit, to throw the controller at the screen, to get a boss down to one health only to die, to see a checkpoint in the distance only to die by a seemingly impenetrable enemy.

Its knowing all this, getting your **** together and carrying on, because when you do and when you finally kill that enemy or boss, or progress through an area you will start to wonder why you were freaking out about it all in the first place.

Bloodbourne by the way is most definitely harder than any DS game, but universally its regarded as the best FROM game and one of the best games ever made. The reward, the journey etc...ultimately outway any frustrations you have by the end of it.

Last edited:
Once you get the hang of the game it becomes great. I just getting to the nameless king :)

Doing another tank build but need some advice, I am using the lotheric knight sword.

Infused with Heavy Gem + 9, whilst it's alittle lower than the Dark Sword {which btw has been nurfed}, it does critical hit damage of 100.

Should I infuse it with a Simple/Fire Gem? the problem I find is the scaling when it's gem infused doesn't do to much on damage but scales on the magic.

whats the best way to scale on using gems?

Not sure if tank builds are viable in 3, at least all of the people I saw trying to tank were very weak, poor damage outputs and could barely take any more damage than a well rounded character.

Just started this on ps4 (sorry, no console thread on DS3, so the inferior peasant race is here tainting the thread).

The difficulty on this is testing. I think I'm going to have to start again with an easier build! Any tips?

Just started this on ps4 (sorry, no console thread on DS3, so the inferior peasant race is here tainting the thread).

The difficulty on this is testing. I think I'm going to have to start again with an easier build! Any tips?

- Take things slow and accept death as part of the game.

- You can never go wrong with a Refined Longsword.

Get the uchigatana sword early on from the mob left of the entrance to firelink shrine. He's not the easiest if you're new to it. You will want a shield with 100 physical resist to go with it. Make sure your equip load stays under 70% so you move fully. Get used to 2h the sword with no shield. A build with dex and strength is good to allow you to try all weapons. Make sure to upgrade your chosen weapons. Burn bone shards at the bonfire in firelink. Upgrade your flask with Estus shards. Holding down triangle from wherever you are in your inventory will select Estus flasks. Get used to not overclicking/pressing attack. Learn how to time dodges. Running away gives you time to heal. When you die, collect your souls. Don't carry too many around with you, spend them levelling. Explore everywhere, some of the optional bosses are very good. Don't use embers until you are comfortable with combat, they will be wasted most likely. You can be invaded and likely will die to another player when embered. Don't be afraid to run past mobs, in particular if you have fully explored an area and are running to a boss for another go. Death is part of the game, you'll start to like it at the abyss watchers :D

Last edited:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/23/14356956/dark-souls-3-the-ringed-city-dlc-release-date

The last expansion for Dark Souls 3, The Ringed City, will launch on March 28. Bandai Namco Entertainment revealed the release date alongside a trailer for the downloadable content, showing off what awaits players in the apocalyptic cityscape at the world’s end.

The DLC is coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One, and will cost $14.99. Owners of the $24.99 season pass will receive the expansion — the game’s second after last fall’s Ashes of Ariandel — when it launches.

The Ringed City will introduce new characters to the game as players traverse the world of Dark Souls 3 in pursuit of the Slave Knight Gael. There will also be new armor, weapons and magic to check out along the way to and within the hellish Ringed City.

AWESOME!

Well I've made it as far as the wall of lothric, but wow... It's just insanely difficult and utter repetition. It's going to take me about a year to complete this.

This game is not good for stress levels!

It gets easier once you get into the swing of it. It follows the loop of...

1/ Start the level getting pummeled
2/ Level up and start beating the ememies with greater ease
3/ Start a new level with new enemies and get pummeled again
Rinse and repeat.

Such a strong loop and such amazing combat though and its an immensly satisfying game when you finally get past that boss or level you have been struggling with

I havent played DS, and dont own a PS4 (long story, dont ask, getting a PSPRO soon)

I really want to sink some time into this, can I start with DS3? Would it ruin it this way round? Like 3, 1 2, playstation and play the others

The Ringed City - Final DLC release has now just gone live on Steam. 2.9GB download but you also need the 7.7GB patch from last week & todays 891Mb patch! Allegedly the final Dark Souls content ever as From claim they are done with the series but I am a little sceptical about that ;)

Getting creamed in this new DLC, absolutely battered lmao. Sometimes I'm tempted to give in a grab a shield but dual weild is too much fun.

After absolutely blazing this when it came out and then not playing it after completing it twice.....my Character is lvl 130 and come back to play both the DLC on my new 4K TV in my man cave, I forgot how good this game is...and how brutal it can be at times, especially when you haven't played in such along time and forgot all the move sets.....still it runs pretty well at 4k 50-60 fps and looks stunning.

The Wolves at the begging of Ashes of Ariandel were a good reminder of how nasty this game can be.....haven't even got to a new boss yet :D

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom