Dark Souls remaster! It's happening

Soldato
OP
Day one purchase for PC and my switch for me.

The original is one of if not my favourite game.

For me I think I'll go XB1 as I have an X now and HDR is awesome on Witcher 3 etc. Though a 2nd purchase on switch would be lovely. Depends what ridiculous price they slap on it

Soldato
For me I think I'll go XB1 as I have an X now and HDR is awesome on Witcher 3 etc. Though a 2nd purchase on switch would be lovely. Depends what ridiculous price they slap on it

I played Skyrim to death on my PC and I still play it, however I purchased it for my switch because the idea of having such a great conversion of an epic game as a handheld was too much of a temptation.

I am sure I will feel the same way about Dark Souls. I put around 90 hours into it on the PC, but hey.....I can respec and do it all again!

Soldato
OP
Ahh well looks like it is just a basic upgrade after all. Some miss information all over the place yesterday

‘So to correct a few things that I posted about yesterday - Dark Souls Remastered will not include new assets based on the Dark Souls 3 engine or any combat differences. There is no HDR lighting for the PS4 Pro version,’ wrote Dark Souls community head honcho, Vaati

https://www.videogamer.com/news/dark-souls-remastered-on-ps4-pro-wont-feature-hdr-lighting-after-all

So with that in mind I can see steam doing an upgrade deal like with SotfS, as someone aluded to on the last page

Soldato
Think it'll get a Scholar type overhaul/buff of the enemy placements and numbers? Even as a bonus mode or a NG+ addition that would be so fun. Haven't played the game for years but I still know the placement of every enemy, so don't think pretty new graphics alone would bring me back, especially when it looks amazing with the DSFix mod and all of it's enhanced graphic options like SMAA and HBAO the mod injected.

I do expect it to look amazing though, Demon's Souls emulated at a high resolution has some of the best non-modded textures I've ever seen, and they aren't manipulated in any way except the game being a much higher internal resolution, so the textures themselves were super high quality for an 09 game.

https://youtu.be/Kk2QF0EB-i0?t=5m25s

:o

I would have preferred demon souls and Bloodborne to be honest.
Fixed.

Fixed fixed

Mean! ;) it has plenty :D

Name 5 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh well looks like it is just a basic upgrade after all. Some miss information all over the place yesterday

‘So to correct a few things that I posted about yesterday - Dark Souls Remastered will not include new assets based on the Dark Souls 3 engine or any combat differences. There is no HDR lighting for the PS4 Pro version,’ wrote Dark Souls community head honcho, Vaati

https://www.videogamer.com/news/dark-souls-remastered-on-ps4-pro-wont-feature-hdr-lighting-after-all

So with that in mind I can see steam doing an upgrade deal like with SotfS, as someone aluded to on the last page

They should do that on steam.

I do think the price is steep on console if it's not on a new engine etc. Makes sense it's not ds3 engine as it would take some fettling to get that running on a switch.

It does tempt me to get a switch though.

Soldato
So they're basically admitting that Izalith will be completely redone, right? I mean, they aren't... But if they expect full price for a glossy touch up, they're smoking some of that good jenkem.
Its $39.99 with no discounts which means £39.99 or £34.99 in UK. Only major difference is 4K upscaled & its not using another game engine either so not sure who Namco think is going to buy this!

Soldato
Its $39.99 with no discounts which means £39.99 or £34.99 in UK. Only major difference is 4K upscaled & its not using another game engine either so not sure who Namco think is going to buy this!
I think that'll be £29.99 like PTDE was when it first got a PC port, but yeah that's too much for what will essentially be the original with integrated DSFix, infact DSFix will probably still look better.

Soldato
Is it me or does something seem off with the speed of everything in those videos?

It looks like it's playing a little bit slower to me.
They are console not PC so probably lower FPS. PC will be stable 60 FPS for sure.

Soldato
Why are these so called 'remastered' games even a thing? This looks utterly gash but the fanboy's will no doubt have semi's for it.
I have not seen one remaster done to a level that's purchase worthy but yet they come out at full price for what some like nothing but a poor paint job.

Seems like yet another way for publishers to make easy money on top of DLC, loot crates, skins and micro transactions and yet people lap it up for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom