Dark Souls remaster! It's happening

Soldato
Just been watching someone play it on Twitch and have to say it looks worse than the original imo. They have made all the walls really shiny and it just looks wrong.

Soldato
Pretty clever though as it's top of the Steam charts.

Minimal resource used but still maximum gain.

Playing us for fools really :/

No, the gamers are the morons.
Dev's are just providing the opportunity for gamers to waste their cash for minimal effort and gamers lap it up because gamers gotta game, right?

It astonishes me at times.

So i 'tried' this..ahem...just to see what the crack is....its strange when playing rather than watching it on YT. Its nice and smooth but it almost feels like it messes with the timings of attacks and i dont know if im losing my mind but im almost positive that some attack patterns have been altered.

Also the big selling point of the improved textures doesnt seem to work for me, they seem overly smooth and have lost the 'grittiness', even DSfix improved the textures but still had that rough feeling about the environment.

Overall i think 30 quid for this is insane.

Soldato
Xbox 1 X version looks a lot better than PC. There are several side by side videos on YouTube now X1X is visibly a better looking remaster. Textures are sharper, shader FX look better as well. This is either because X1X MS Direct X Dev libraries are up to date & PC is not updated as much or MS are gimping it to push the Xbox One brand or the devs are just too lazy to optimise PC anymore as sales are way lower than guaranteed console sales.

Soldato
Took the dive with 50% off, i only paid 3.50 or something for prepare to die edition and its one of my favourite games so it was a no brainer really.
Vs dsfix the solid 60fps, 21:9 support and lack of crashes and bugs is welcome as is the revamped online. I would have preferred the remaster to be a remake on the newer engine but honestly im happy as larry that my favourite game now works perfectly.

Edit: 1 annoyance is the fog walls that are there before your first time entering a boss now. Can see this ruining the surprise boss attack for new players.

Soldato
If you own the original just apply dsfix and the game will look just like the remaster game. Not worth the money. And I am certainly not paying £20 on Steam to upgrade it.

Soldato
They were always there.

I thought that they were only there after the first time you triggered the boss battle. Now they are completely opaque walls blocking entrance before you've been to the area. Thus stopping haplessly walking into a boss room for the first time.

Soldato
If you own the original just apply dsfix and the game will look just like the remaster game. Not worth the money. And I am certainly not paying £20 on Steam to upgrade it.

I agree its a lot of money for what the game shoul dof been to begin with on pc however dsfix is far from perfect and i am willing to pay the 17 quid to have a solid 60fps and no other issues.

Soldato
Just watched the remaster capra demon on YT - the fog walls are different in that there is swirling mist after you're through (which is what @Angst is highlighting) - that never used to be the case, although the fog wall did used to be there.

Ive binged on Sekiro and Nioh so figured id go back to this for a proper go. One thing ive noticed it they have nerfed drop rates, especially for weapons. I spent hours trying to get the Balder swag sword, i spent so long there i had 12 humanity in play and about 50k souls! Ive played DS to death and thats never happened.

Soldato
Ive binged on Sekiro and Nioh so figured id go back to this for a proper go. One thing ive noticed it they have nerfed drop rates, especially for weapons. I spent hours trying to get the Balder swag sword, i spent so long there i had 12 humanity in play and about 50k souls! Ive played DS to death and thats never happened.
Yep, no idea why as it makes it less fun. Usually got 7ish titanite shards after first boss, only 1 and it wasn't dropped, loved grinding now it's pointless. PC version fine, I'm talking about the Switch version unless the PC version has had an update that broke it since last time I played.

Yep, no idea why as it makes it less fun. Usually got 7ish titanite shards after first boss, only 1 and it wasn't dropped, loved grinding now it's pointless. PC version fine, I'm talking about the Switch version unless the PC version has had an update that broke it since last time I played.

Im playing latest version, its soul destroying. Ive literally just got to Nito and they have massively suped up his skeleton adds, i hardly get chance to get a swing at the boss, i have six skellies rolling about smacking me. I never remember it being this bad!

Back
Top Bottom