Darren Pencille murder trial

Soldato
OP
A totally expected and just result..

It seems like the UK streets are carnage at the moment, each morning I turn on the news (I'm in LA and 8 hours behind) it seems someone else has been 'shanked' or 'murked' insane incidents, like a woman and her unborn baby the other week, - crazy stuff.

It seems terrifying how these kids can just go off at the drop of a hat and stab someone like this, it feels like a good honest punch up and being thrown into a cell for affray is a thing of the past.

Soldato
Interesting that if you're from a privileged background, stabbing someone in the chest and then lying to police is self defence :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-48962845

Both are bad but one was kids going tooled up to rob someone then getting in a fight with each othet.. both had knives and one got stabbed and died. The other was a verbal argument then a hyper aggressive 18 puncture stabbing against an unarmed man...... there is a hell of a difference in these cases

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Both are bad but one was kids going tooled up to rob someone then getting in a fight with each othet.. both had knives and one got stabbed and died. The other was a verbal argument then a hyper aggressive 18 puncture stabbing against an unarmed man...... there is a hell of a difference in these cases
Exactly, it's not so... black and white :D

Soldato
Take straight from BBC...

The court heard Pencille, who declined to give evidence during his trial, had 14 previous convictions for 19 different offences over a 19-year period, including possession of offensive weapons, violence and dishonesty.

Shouldn't have been walking the streets

Caporegime
Interesting that if you're from a privileged background, stabbing someone in the chest and then lying to police is self defence :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-48962845

Wat???

Bit of a difference when the victim also allegedly had a knife and apparently pulled his knife out first. Not to mention them calling 999 afterwards and trying to save him. That was either manslaughter or self defence depending on whether you believe the story and the manslaughter would probs not be beyond reasonable doubt.

Soldato
Exactly, it's not so... black and white :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OoLL4UG.gif

Also from the BBC article seems like he had a history of knife carrying and stabbing....

Det Ch Insp Sam Blackburn, from British Transport Police described the killer as "devious and dangerous".

He said: "Quite clearly with his previous convictions, where he also stabbed another man in the neck, and his propensity for carrying knives, he showed his dangerous, aggressive nature and that he wasn't afraid to use that knife on that train."

Just highlighted that for all those ******* who claim he got a harsh punishment because its all about race!

Caporegime
Take straight from BBC...

The court heard Pencille, who declined to give evidence during his trial, had 14 previous convictions for 19 different offences over a 19-year period, including possession of offensive weapons, violence and dishonesty.

Shouldn't have been walking the streets

That is the thing that bugs me about many of theses cases, the thug involved inevitable has a violent history. The main thing prison is useful for us keeping violent people away from the rest of us, if a violent offender is caught with an offensive weapon then they should get a serious sentence likewise if they have a repeat violent incident then ditto.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
That is the thing that bugs me about many of theses cases, the thug involved inevitable has a violent history. The main thing prison is useful for us keeping violent people away from the rest of us, if a violent offender is caught with an offensive weapon then they should get a serious sentence likewise if they have a repeat violent incident then ditto.

I don't understand how judges get this so wrong, they see fit to jail non violent offenders but let threats to society walk away. Before I was sentenced, a peadeophile received a suspended sentence. He was guilty by the way.

Soldato
Wat???

Bit of a difference when the victim also allegedly had a knife and apparently pulled his knife out first. Not to mention them calling 999 afterwards and trying to save him. That was either manslaughter or self defence depending on whether you believe the story and the manslaughter would probs not be beyond reasonable doubt.

I think in both cases the killer should be done for murder, manslaughter at the minimum, not literally getting away with murder though

Caporegime
I think in both cases the killer should be done for murder, manslaughter at the minimum, not literally getting away with murder though

Why?

There is no evidence for a reasonable conviction of murder in the case you cite. They tried manslaughter but if the account is truthful re: the victim being the one to pull out a knife first then self defence seems like a reasonable argument.

Perhaps start a different thread on this story tbh... as it has nothing to do with this thread.

Soldato
Big guy pushes arguemt too far
Little guy feels threatened,
Little guy pulls knifs to make big guy back off
Big guy sees knife and tables are turned
Fight or flight kicks in and knowing flight is no option big guy fights
Little guy who would never stab anyone has no choice but to stab..
Stad someone once and nothing much happens.. Panic sets in and he keeps doing it

Probably tragic event.. Or maybe little guy just felt a little stabby and was out to murder anyway..

Little guy who would never stab anyone but has previous history for GBH with intent for stabbing a guy in the neck over an argument revolving around the suspect wanting fag papers?

Back
Top Bottom