Dashcams!

Soldato
Daft placement aside, are these wee Motorola MDC100's decent quality wise for a basic camera? Does anyone here have one? Watched a few YT vid reviews which show actual footage from them and it looks nice and clear.

Soldato
Folks, I ended up picking up a little Yi Mini 1080p dashcam. Basic, no frills but seems decent enough. Got it all fitted this morning and went for a run. Seemed to be recording fine during the drive. Got home and took the SD card out to check the footage (Sandisc Ultra 32Gb) and there were two .AVI files on it. But the file size was 0 bytes and they wouldn't play. :confused:

Any ideas?

Soldato
Cheers, just did so and it appears to be recording now I think, at least with the car sat on the drive it is, not been out for a run in it as yet. Visual quality on this little thing is pretty darn good. Can't complain for just over £20 from the Green rain forest place.

Transmission breaker
Don
Most dash cam users never touch the thing once installed. But as usual there is a militant dash cam mafia who will pull any video, provoke situations and post the videos for the views!!

I swear 90% of these videos on YouTube in the UK are from the hundred or so dedicated terrible dash camera users that make Fox think anyone with a cam is a nutjob :D

Associate
Bought a Nextbase 512 a couple of days ago from Halfords, forgot a hardwire kit so went back in to get one.
The kit is £20 but they currently offer fitting for £15 and they supply a hardwire kit. No brainer!

Only problem I have is the G sensor goes off when I close the door, I've set the sensitivity to the lowest setting but it still does it.
Any way to stop this or will I just have to delete the locked files every now and then?

Associate
Its a class 10 Sandisk 32GB card so should be fine.
Its a bit glitchy when connected to my phone but the vids play back fine. My phone is getting on a bit though and is glitchy with most things now :p

Associate
Just fitted a DDPai mini 2, hardwired and tucked behind the rear view mirror pretty nicely. Seems decent quality although the app UI is a bit weird in places.

Soldato
Bought a Nextbase 512 a couple of days ago from Halfords, forgot a hardwire kit so went back in to get one.
The kit is £20 but they currently offer fitting for £15 and they supply a hardwire kit. No brainer!

Only problem I have is the G sensor goes off when I close the door, I've set the sensitivity to the lowest setting but it still does it.
Any way to stop this or will I just have to delete the locked files every now and then
?

G-sensor setting doesn't affect parking mode activation unfortunately so the only way to stop it is to disable the the parking mode.

Associate
G-sensor setting doesn't affect parking mode activation unfortunately so the only way to stop it is to disable the the parking mode.

Thanks for the info, may as well set it back to normal then.
I don't intend to pull any vids off it so I'll so may as well see how long it takes to fill the card up with 2 min vids of me pulling away!

Cheers

Associate
Thanks for the info, may as well set it back to normal then.
I don't intend to pull any vids off it so I'll so may as well see how long it takes to fill the card up with 2 min vids of me pulling away!

Cheers
Working as intended unfortunately. In the Manual trouble shooting part it says,

"When I get in to my car, the
Dash Cam is already
recording and the file is
protected"

Followed by,

"This is normal. Parking Mode has been switched on and the
Dash Cam has sensed vibration and has started to record
correctly"

I just got the 312GW and had the same happen.

Man of Honour
Ok, I need some help finding the right dashcam

Requirements:
2 channel both at minimum 1080 resolution
GPS
Screen (the one like the KDLINKS R100 would be ideal)
Permanent wiring
Good at night
Parking mode

Nice to have:
Can be used as reversing camera
WiFi for review
Can take 128GB SD cards

Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom