Dashcams!

Soldato
Any opinions or owners of the Thinkware F770?
Somebody I work with had these installed a couple of months ago and has liked them - he showed me some of the footage and it looked really good.
The place where he had them installed charged him £310 for the front & rear camera and full fitting - took a look at that and they haven't made a mess of his Audi.

Soldato
Any opinions or owners of the Thinkware F770?
Somebody I work with had these installed a couple of months ago and has liked them - he showed me some of the footage and it looked really good.
The place where he had them installed charged him £310 for the front & rear camera and full fitting - took a look at that and they haven't made a mess of his Audi.

To be fair you need to be a special breed to mess up fitting - all you need is a switched live and an earth, worse case scenario you'll need to run a new line from the fusebox. It's very simple.

Soldato
I know, I know - fit it yourself.....but I will not risk the interior of my nice new car, I'll let the people who know what they are doing do it.
Almost certainly going to go the Thinkware F770 route. Took a look at the cameras today, larger than the Blackvue but not massively, still look discreet.
£255 for just the front supplied & fitted or £315 for both front and read supplied and fitted, so probably going to get both ends done.
Cheers for all the input aimed at me.

Caporegime
I know, I know - fit it yourself.....but I will not risk the interior of my nice new car, I'll let the people who know what they are doing do it.
Almost certainly going to go the Thinkware F770 route. Took a look at the cameras today, larger than the Blackvue but not massively, still look discreet.
£255 for just the front supplied & fitted or £315 for both front and read supplied and fitted, so probably going to get both ends done.
Cheers for all the input aimed at me.

Honestly, I don't know anything about cars, but I managed to fit a front and rear dashcam and hide all the wires in the overhead trim

Piece of cake

Associate
Got the nextbase 512 and hardwired it. Didn’t earth it properly at first and it didn’t work so corrected that and it works fine now. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of this one more than anything.
Image quality is good and I like the WiFi option although it is a tad annoying where you keep having to turn it on. I had it (WiFi) turned on but can’t connect to it through the app on my phone without going through the camera menu and re-enabling it.

Soldato
Got the nextbase 512 and hardwired it. Didn’t earth it properly at first and it didn’t work so corrected that and it works fine now. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of this one more than anything.
Image quality is good and I like the WiFi option although it is a tad annoying where you keep having to turn it on. I had it (WiFi) turned on but can’t connect to it through the app on my phone without going through the camera menu and re-enabling it.

Is the press & hold the capture button not working to enable WiFi (making sure cam isn't recording first)

Caporegime

This was weird, BMW looked right at me and waited for me to approach before pulling out and the Peugeot was rammed full of people ready to jump out. Felt like a bodged cash for crash attempt.

Soldato

This was weird, BMW looked right at me and waited for me to approach before pulling out and the Peugeot was rammed full of people ready to jump out. Felt like a bodged cash for crash attempt.

Apart from the idiot in the BMW(Shock horror) , I don't see anything suspicious. The Peugeot probably stopped thinking it was the beemer sounding the horn. He wasn't waiting at the roundabout looking for a victim, he just didn't bother stopping.

Caporegime
Paranoid much? The guy in the BMW pulls out like a prat and the Peugeot panics and begins braking before you're even past the BMW?

To add to this, my wife absolutely freaks out when she thinks anyone is 'bibbing' her, so what Fox said looks like the most plausible situation.

Edit - my wife no longer drives due to anxiety :(

Back
Top Bottom