Dashcams!

Underboss
You made my mind up for me... just ordered one with CPL filter, 64GB card & fuse hijack wiring etc...

Any idea where I can get a second windscreen mount from? It would be nice to be able to switch it between the two cars.

I was going to order a 64Gb one, but decided to get a 32Gb. as it loops anyway, I thought 32Gb would be sufficient

hope you ordered a decent class 10, your going to need it

hopefully ill get mine tomorrow to test it, I've ordered a sandisk extreme Class 10 / U3 was debating to get the U1 but decided to spend another £4 and get the faster one :)

Soldato
So with this 806 guys, Do you just leave it in the car? Take it out at night?

I leave my dashcam in permanently.

Does it auto record once ignition is turned on? Or do you have to press a button?

It will record as long as there is power. Some cars - like my Skoda Yeti - keep the cigarette lighter socket powered even when the car isn't running so the camera will keep recording until the battery is drained.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I used eBay. The CPL arrived today, seems good and rotating it with the screen on shows how effective the glare reduction is. I'll be leaving it in 24/7 but keeping an eye on night time brightness and if it's up to scratch then will leave it in.

Soldato
My 0806 arrived from Amazon today.

Looking to mount it in the z4 and power from under the mirror. The only power cable supplied has a ciggy charger on it, can I cut this or do I need another cable kit?

Soldato
Yup, I hope to power mine from the huuuge box of tricks behind the rear view mirror in my car......might be a trip to MB to see if they would like the job, as I have the practical skills of a confused parsnip :p

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom