***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Vanilla standalone is still very much enjoyable in my opinion. The lack of high-end loot, which is a planned mechanic, helps give the game a gritty survival feeling in my opinion. My public hive character has been going for over six months, slowly wandering around the map repeatedly trying to meet up with friends.

As for modded - I've joined one server (UNR I think) which is more PvE focused. I don't fancy any of these servers that throw loot at you encouraging PvP, might as well join a deathwatch server / game for that...

Caporegime
Vanilla standalone is still very much enjoyable in my opinion. The lack of high-end loot, which is a planned mechanic, helps give the game a gritty survival feeling in my opinion. My public hive character has been going for over six months, slowly wandering around the map repeatedly trying to meet up with friends.

As for modded - I've joined one server (UNR I think) which is more PvE focused. I don't fancy any of these servers that throw loot at you encouraging PvP, might as well join a deathwatch server / game for that...

some play dayz for that way of playing some play it for survival. none of that is wrong just different. i think personally for eg role playing or vanilla is like watching paint dry but if people want to do that fair dos.

Associate
Do you have the same in game name? Seems familiar. Did you get killed yesterday afternoon and the guy offered you the gear back?

Yeah that was me no way what a small world lol, I spent 2 hours sorting and learning to dig and bury my money, I moved out of the tree and bang he killed me , your very observant to remember that :)

Last edited:
Associate
Just sawing into someone base lol, they need to patch the cars but had so much fun on this server over the last few months its come on a lot , base building is awesome I am surprised how well it works.

Can't attack the bases only on a Saturday between 3 and 7 pm so makes having bases fun and worth the effort Iam on the nest summer server good admin support tbh

Still get the odd lag session now and again but can live with that, with the mods it's understandable I suppose.

Associate
Had to send back my new Red Devil 5700XT today because of the artifacting in DayZ.

Its on the tables and the unit by the front door, happens on these objects in all buildings, also the broken glass on the windows upstairs in this house has the same issues.

Gutted as its a nice GPU, probably going green team by the end of the week :(

Caporegime
Had to send back my new Red Devil 5700XT today because of the artifacting in DayZ.

Its on the tables and the unit by the front door, happens on these objects in all buildings, also the broken glass on the windows upstairs in this house has the same issues.

Was it only this game? Could have been a driver issue?

Associate
Calm down guys i tried multiple driver sets using the AMD CleanUp Utility and eventually used DDU.. same result.

Not going to risk any further games ending up the same way if there is bad memory on the card, and then have to RMA it in a few months time. AMD aint perfect, just like Nvidia with their 2080ti issues.

Seen people wait for driver fixes before, they take forever or never come.

Also the fluctuating low core clock speeds i was getting with it were causing stuttering/hitching. Especially in GTA V where i am next to maxed out with the settings trying to use Freesync and frame capping to my monitors refresh rate and seeing as low as 59Mhz on the core.

Soldato
Doubt it was the card though. Considering DayZ is one big bug

Tbh...while it's taken a ridiculous amount of time to get to this point, it's very playable at the moment, especially with the extensive modding scene that accompanies it. IMO...as good, if not better than it was back in the A2 Dayz mod days.

I agree though that it's been a joke game for quite some time.

Soldato

Post Processing AA has always been hit and miss with ArmA/DayZ when using AMD GPUs.

It always used to be the grass looking like shredded wheat that I had to tune out by trying all the different setting combinations.

Back
Top Bottom