***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
Anybody got any tips on how to not be spotted by the zombies? Their view range is absolutely ridiculous now.

EA8E323E998594759DC23E08FB0542D28717977B

I was quite abit further from the church when I noticed a black dot moving around in front of it, thought it must have been a player at that distance, or a zombie that had aggrod onto another player. So I went towards it and realised it was a zed coming directly at me the entire time. How bloody ridiculous, I was slowly coming out of a tree line, zooming in and scanning the area when it started running at me. A player wouldn't of seen me if he was looking in my direction, let alone a zed... That picture was a good twenty or so seconds after it started moving and I started approaching it, wouldn't be surprised if it was 2x the distance between me and the church away when it spotted me.

I've also noticed that they track you superhumanly now too. I've sprinted through buildings, up stairs and off of roof ladders, through barns etc and they never lose my scent. I went through the barns shown in the picture above to the right, lead 2 zeds through them, getting a good lead, ditching them in one of the barns and sprinting behind a tree whilst looking back... nothing. They're still in there, a brick wall between us, then they'll stagger out of the barn and head directly towards the tree I'm behind. It's nuts.

Permabanned
Yeah they are nuts, what is worse is you hit them in the head with an axe and as they fall they make you bleed, hence why you have grey vision due to lack of blood like I do...

Soldato
Had a good session tonight got guns got ammo got it all, My mate saw someone suspicious near the airfield and had no real weapon apart from a fire axe so the player approached him when called meanwhile I have them in my scope waiting for the inevitable which it did 3 shots from me game over for them. :) Guy had so much munitions on them seemed to be a airfield sever jumper. Shame his is now on the route to nothing, We was gonna ignore him too and let him get some supplies but just can't trust anyone it seems. :(

Soldato
Yeah they are nuts, what is worse is you hit them in the head with an axe and as they fall they make you bleed, hence why you have grey vision due to lack of blood like I do...
That happened to me too! I was absolutely miffed at the time.

Walk up to zed from behind, whack it, it dies and I bleed!

Associate
Logged in last night " ill have a quick shot before bed, got work in the morning " 5 hours later... I'm still playing!

I actually love this, even though its in alpha with a fair few bugs and what not its still vastly superior to the mod in that terms.

The inventory is so much better, the fact you can craft things and what not is great.

Logged into a french speaking server last night, fresh spawn, saw two guys with guns they started speaking to me in direct chat, asked if i was friendly, they said okay bye, as soon as i said english? they shot me haha.

Got myself some nice clothes and a Mosin last night, my character was sick and finding anti biotics was extremelly difficult, and finding water was also hard.

Anyone know if you can administor yourself a blood bag or does someone else have to do it?

All in all i'm absolutely loving this and i'll be sure to jump on your guys server.

Associate
To find water go to the wells in villages, most of them seem to have them and if you spam drink about 20 times you wont need to drink again for a fair while, you can also fill up water bottles etc at these.

As for blood the latest patch has fixed blood/health regeneration but I have not confirmed this, and as far as I know it regens when you are full on food/water.

Also last night I was low on blood (grey screen) and my mate gave me a saline drip and I had colour again, seemed a bit weird as I thought these were used for dehydration, not sure if this still works after last nights patch.

Associate
To find water go to the wells in villages, most of them seem to have them and if you spam drink about 20 times you wont need to drink again for a fair while, you can also fill up water bottles etc at these.

As for blood the latest patch has fixed blood/health regeneration but I have not confirmed this, and as far as I know it regens when you are full on food/water.

Also last night I was low on blood (grey screen) and my mate gave me a saline drip and I had colour again, seemed a bit weird as I thought these were used for dehydration, not sure if this still works after last nights patch.

Yeah i was extremelly dehydrated last night and i randomly come across a canteen in the middle of the road, was a miracle!

Is there any way of knowing your food and water levels?

Associate
There are no indicators like the mod, you have to watch the text at the bottom left of screen. Also when you go to your inventory it says if you are thirsty or hungry, these also change colour depending on how hungry/thirsty you are.

Back
Top Bottom