DC Vault

PDW

PDW

Associate
ATLAS is back up and running again.

Have taken a couple of places at SAT@Home that'll show in the Vault tonight but they have now run out of work and expect the next experiment in about 10 days time. Fortunately the one box that ran out of work had DPAD running so that picked up the slack overnight :)

Also have an i5 I'm setting up for someone at the moment that I need to check works so that is also running some burn in tests on DPAD :D

I emailed Rusty yesterday morning to let him know that DPAD scores aren't updating there, he said he'd look into it.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I noticed they had picked up the pace so moved another box over to OGR yesterday to speed that up. Had also been falling behind your output so this might get me out in front :p

PDW

PDW

Associate
Thank you.

You stated your goal over a year ago and I kept waiting for you to get started.

Besides I'll be parking mine on a bozo so if you start soon you'll still be able to overtake me and claim the number 1 spot by your deadline :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
CSG has been added to the Vault and we are still 10th !

It has brought the 9th position a lot closer though, perhaps time to get back on OGR :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
Note that the points in Free-DC aren't correct for several teams, HardOCP being one of them, so if you're using those figures showing a stomp in 17 days you'll be disappointed. They have another 40 million according to the SB's site :(

Still, I was looking at the ozzies anyway and thinking they could be done before xmas :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
Coming close to a team stomp in DPAD, that will get us about 130 vault points and take them away from [H]ard OCP. :)
It would be quicker if my rig didn't keep falling over :o Maybe it's time for an upgrade!
Couldn't decide if that was the problem or whether you kept going away for a few days holiday :p

Soldato
OP
Note that the points in Free-DC aren't correct for several teams, HardOCP being one of them, so if you're using those figures showing a stomp in 17 days you'll be disappointed. They have another 40 million according to the SB's site :(

Still, I was looking at the ozzies anyway and thinking they could be done before xmas :D

The FreeDC stats are the same as what the DC Vault goes by, what some [H] members have done is put their DPAD team name before their Boinc username name on yoyo@home, which also has muon1 as a sub project, so their yoyoy@home muon1 scores are added to the stats at the SB site but it won't make any difference as far as the DC Vault is concerned :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
The FreeDC stats are the same as what the DC Vault goes by, what some [H] members have done is put their DPAD team name before their Boinc username name on yoyo@home, which also has muon1 as a sub project, so their yoyoy@home muon1 scores are added to the stats at the SB site but it won't make any difference as far as the DC Vault is concerned :)
Not true.

I asked Rusty why Russia hadn't overtaken Free-DC in the Vault back in March. He never replied, so I looked closer and saw that Free-DC numbers are also lower in Free-DC. The Vault won't update until we pass them according to the totals held by SB's site, that is what happened for Russia v Free-DC positions.

Soldato
OP
Not true.

I asked Rusty why Russia hadn't overtaken Free-DC in the Vault back in March. He never replied, so I looked closer and saw that Free-DC numbers are also lower in Free-DC. The Vault won't update until we pass them according to the totals held by SB's site, that is what happened for Russia v Free-DC positions.

Well if that is the case then it needs to be addressed, 'double dipping' that is receiving two sets of vault points for one project, shouldn't be happening. Moo wrapper isn't included in the vault for this reason, as you probably know when you crunch that it adds to the RC-72 score as well.

I'll wait and see what happens when :))) we overtake them, and if it is as you've said I'll bring it up in the administrator section of the vault. Clearly the correct stats are being exported to FreeDC so there's no reason why Rusty can't do it.

EDIT: I remember them discussing this over at the [H] forums and even I joined in, it ended where Gilanthis said he was waiting to hear from Rusty as to what stats he was using.

Starts from post #1741 http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040732146&highlight=#post1040732146

Last edited:
Associate
The rankings at SB's should only be looked at if you were just comparing scores at SB's which still gets screwy if people didn't have their YoYo names set like I discussed in our forums.

As far as the double dipping, I never broke down in detail from SB's site to see how accurate it was compared to what DC-Vault showed. Any time I had asked about how it got broke down, I was assured by someone that they were separate. The wording of the reply I had from Rusty back when I had asked didn't really answer exactly, so perhaps it needs looked into again just to make sure there wasn't a loophole. I only encouraged team members to adjust their team names in YoYo so that if anyone ever just wanted to look at SB stats, our team would have its total contribution under the team banner rather than being loaners.

Back in April of last year I had emailed Stephen about it, and here was the communication:

Haven't been to Free-DC in ages. All I remember was there was always an
argument about what to do with the BOINC Muon1 points since stats
aggregators (for teams) didn't want to count the points twice under Yoyo and
my own.

Last time I looked, BOINC made up 80% of the users but 20% of the CPU since
those users are often split across many projects.

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2014 April 01; Tuesday 09:06
To: Stephen Brooks
Subject: RE: Muon1 name merge

Do you know what stats that Free-DC uses? I was wondering because it looks
like under their DPAD stats that they are separating the stats from the
points generated through YoYo's BOINC project. Which would be good for those
wanting to see the difference, but would be nice to have a footnote instead.
Maybe I should try emailing BOK, but the last few times he never replied...

Back
Top Bottom