DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
Goon, and tibbz..

We have a few guys on our ts3 server that fly within DCS, fanjita is a pilot IRL, smudge and brewber also fly the a10 and the black shark.

I'm the only one with flaming cliffs 3 which I love for the F15....

Nice, might pop on when i've got it downloaded and fetched my joystick from the other house. Hopefully by then I will have my headset working again too!

Associate
:) have you tried it yet.

Re 360 Controller, yes, just been having a play and it picks up the 360 pad fine as a standard joystick and allows me to use it to map stuff and it appears as JOY_BTN1 etc.

Haven't actually tried playing yet as, phew, the control scheme is bewildering to me as I've not tried a 'proper' flight sim before so am not sure what I should be mapping to what.

I'll have to Google around more to see if anyone has created a map for the 360 pad, hope so.

But looking at the massive variety of actions its going to take a while to get the hang of.

Soldato
I think if it wasn't as sensitive it might be... But now, not really. I think the nature of this game really calls for a decent setup, and I can really see how TrackIR would be useful too.

I've used my xbox pad for 100's of hrs on FSX though. But obviously those birds don't move as quick, and there's little need to move around too much anyway.

Soldato
I think if it wasn't as sensitive it might be... But now, not really. I think the nature of this game really calls for a decent setup, and I can really see how TrackIR would be useful too.

I've used my xbox pad for 100's of hrs on FSX though. But obviously those birds don't move as quick, and there's little need to move around too much anyway.

Right, i'll have to wait until I can get my joystick :( Unless it's playable on M+KB while learning the ropes in the tutorials?

Soldato
I'm going to dive in for the first time using M+KB to see if I can get along with it.

Edit: Jesus Christ this manual! I can't read this in one solid go, I think I would die.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
All of my other games on steam work fine though, surely some of them are going to be 64 bit?

Yeah it is quite likely, just going off a vague recollection about the issue. I don't don't think the steam overlay ever worked for A-10.

BTW if you are still using the Steam version you are a couple of releases behind the latest version which doesn't use Steam any more.

Nate

Soldato
Yeah it is quite likely, just going off a vague recollection about the issue. I don't don't think the steam overlay ever worked for A-10.

BTW if you are still using the Steam version you are a couple of releases behind the latest version which doesn't use Steam any more.

Nate

Oh right, so buying this on Steam was basically pointless :p (Apart from the price I guess)

I'm guessing I can find the latest release on their site... 1.1.1.1?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom