DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
mmm I hope some of these aircraft come with new scenarios/ground stuff etc

as I still find whole environment a bit sterlie - and thats with ones that appropriate for the environment - ie the BS2 and the A10

I've no interest in buying the Mustang - until something of its era is modelled for it to fly in - I hope the 3rd party addons address this moving forward

I see this is reflected in reviews such as the one below

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/dcs-p-51d-mustang/1226478p1.html

Soldato
OP
Open the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer\client-2012XXXXX-XXXXXX.trk in the mission editor, you can then save it as a MIZ mission file, if that is what you are looking for. This folder will have all the MP missions you've flown.

It is actually temporarily stored in C:\Users\Ste x64\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz, but it is not persistent, it will be lost after another load of the sim. The MP tracks are a better record of MP missions you've flown.

Nate

Soldato
Thanks Nate

I have been playing this for a bit now and it is ok at best

Few bugs **** me off tho

MIG29 , landing gear goes up ...... but wont come down making landings impossible :(

In the MIG29 HUD , is it supposed to show current Nav point when i return mode ?
Currently I cannot tell which airport I have selected

Associate
I've just finished building my new system and have downloaded DCS world and the A-10C module.
I wanted to get Combined arms also, but i noticed its still beta. Can i install Combined arms later without having to reinstall DCS World and the A-10?

Also, how does combined arms work with A-10C? If i play the A-10C campaigns (i only play single player) does Combined arms come into play or will it only work with custom missions?

Thanks,

Keith.

Associate
As long as you have installed DCS world in the last couple of weeks it will update your A10 automatically with out having to worry about your licence numbers (as opposed to before which is good)
You can buy and install any of the other addons easily and again they will auto update including beta's
The only thing you need to watch is if you have black shark 1 (like me) if you want to combine the blackshark into DCS world you need to buy blackshark2 :mad:
I think im right in saying that any map made in DCS world with playable aircraft even if the map maker does not have that addon can be played by clients that do have that add on...ie if the map maker sets A10 as playable it can be played at high fidelity for other players even if the map maker does not have A10 installed
If that makes sence

Also I think that if you buy flaming cliffs 3 you can play all the aircraft at low fidelity and the ones you have purchased at high fidelity if set playable by the map maker, but I havent got this yet so can someone confirm this?

Last edited:
Associate
Few snippets on the Belsimtek UH-1H Huey, still not a lot of information being released.

Yes, all dynamic effects appropriate to the UH-1 are present and make themselves visible as part of the real time flight model calculations in similar fashion to other DCS AFM platforms. Besides the major effects you mentioned, some of the other notables include tail rotor vortex ring state, main rotor underspeed (overpitch), varying trim positions depending on speed, weight, altitude, and payload, pitching moments associated with rolls, and many other effects related to the complex mechanical and aerodynamic forces of the helicopter. The critical point is that the nature of AFM modeling is such that these effects aren't scripted into the model, but are produced by it naturally and dynamically in real time. In short, the DCS UH-1 flight and systems modeling will be no less dynamic and in-depth than the Ka-50. Just much less stable in flight, because it has no stability augmentation system outside of some clever elements of the tailplane design.
Source

IMHO, the sound is excellent. We had many custom samples recorded specifically for this project. We don't actually use the samples in the sound engine, but engineer our own audio to replicate them as best possible inside the sim.
Source

They're still planning the pre-purchase open beta to be released this year.

/Twiddles thumbs

Soldato
if this wins the steam vote, is it at all playable in a casual way? I love flight sims but i dont want to spend 15mins on a check list to take off and need a full HOTAS setup to have some fun.

Not after arcade just simplified a little.

Soldato
Ah voted for this before seeing gameplay of it :|

now regretting it, really doesn't look like my kinda game, thought it would be more ace combat style!

Radio command spam and dodgy looking damage models.

Soldato
Ah voted for this before seeing gameplay of it :|

now regretting it, really doesn't look like my kinda game, thought it would be more ace combat style!

Radio command spam and dodgy looking damage models.

What radio spam?

The damage model is up there as one of the best ones for a simulator.
Considering it's not just visual damage but system/hydrualic/electrical/flight surface/structural and more.

Seriously, show me what video you saw because it was probably one of those that showed it in a really bad light :/

Anyway, I'll put two up my friends made for those looking to buy it during the sale.

Seriously though if you went so little to not check what game this is, a first glance at the page or cursory google will tell you it's a sim!

Back
Top Bottom