DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
I did buy Black Shark and while I thought it was technically very good - it didn't engross me.

the fact it looked so "lock-on" with gloss didn't help - graphically - ok I know graphics aren't everything, and the FM is superb, but explosions looked not great etc - and it just reduces the satisfaction levels

Associate
£37 is nothing for this sim. Remeber, it's not some generic FPS that you'll have completed in 6 hours, it's the most accurate and realistic study sim released to date and it'll keep you busy for months just learning and mastering all the systems.

Let me give you an example, I purchased Falcon 4.0 back in 1998 for £40, I finally uninstalled it from my PC around 4 months ago when I got my hands on A-10C. In those 12 years I'd flown in excess of 3500 hours, now you tell me £40 isn't simply fantastic value for 3500 hours worth of game play.

For a study sim this really is quite well priced, as another example Steel Beasts (a tank sim) will set you back US$120. Study sims will always cost more than your general chart games due to the cost and time required to produce them and the comparatively small customer base compared with FPS games etc.

Soldato
Eddie 182 - hear what you are saying - but does this game keep you engrossed ? as I said I thought Black Shark was great - technically - but it didn't particularly engage me enough to want to play it every day (even though I'd class my self as a pretty avid Flight sim fan) - and it ended up gaining dust on the shelves after a while

Associate
Buckster,

I can understand that if you mostly play offline. Personally apart from regular training/practice flight I fly almost exclusively multiplayer so enjoyment and immersion is much, much higher.

lurkio,

It's a known bug with EAC and will be fixed in beta rev 2. In the mean time and updated training mission which skips that step is available on the ED forums.

Soldato
There is a fixed tutorial with that bit removed lurkio. You CAN keybind a button to the EAC though in the key command setup.

Quick video I made: Make sure you watch it in 1080, I'll try get a combat one up later.

Last edited:
Permabanned
£37 is nothing for this sim. Remeber, it's not some generic FPS that you'll have completed in 6 hours, it's the most accurate and realistic study sim released to date and it'll keep you busy for months just learning and mastering all the systems.

Let me give you an example, I purchased Falcon 4.0 back in 1998 for £40, I finally uninstalled it from my PC around 4 months ago when I got my hands on A-10C. In those 12 years I'd flown in excess of 3500 hours, now you tell me £40 isn't simply fantastic value for 3500 hours worth of game play.

For a study sim this really is quite well priced, as another example Steel Beasts (a tank sim) will set you back US$120. Study sims will always cost more than your general chart games due to the cost and time required to produce them and the comparatively small customer base compared with FPS games etc.

Falocn 4 had a dynamic campaign wheras a10 has not so the boredom and linear missions will reduce the gameplay hrs by a huge amount.

Soldato
Hey Rex, can you tell me what tune is playing over the top of the video please?

Cheers
B

As it says at bottom of video -
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
Mike & Charlie fea. Jett - Is It Real.

Only put the track over the top to fill the silence, should be a takeoff / combat / landing video up of 15 minutes length in the next day or two.

Associate
I've pre-ordered (and downloaded the beta), and signed up at ED forums. But I can't seem to access the beta forum?

I'm getting an error starting the game (can't open '\missioneditor\missioneditor.lua'), so I'd like to see if there are any solutions in there before I redownload it (which will take all night on my connection :()

Soldato
KA50 patch will be cool, the old problem we had was KA50 + FC2 the KA50 had a harder time fighting etc cause its a simulation, whereas the FC2 planes can fly about in a slightly more "arcade" style. I've fallen in love with the A10, i honestly thought after I bought it "crap I hope I actually invest some time in this and learn it without getting bored", so far no boredom just SMILES.

Associate
Falocn 4 had a dynamic campaign wheras a10 has not so the boredom and linear missions will reduce the gameplay hrs by a huge amount.

Dynamic campaigns aren't the be all and end all. Well made scriped missions are can be far more realistic than any dynamic campaign and aren't nessesarily linear either.

At the end of the day, it's what you make out of it. If all you do is fly the bundled campaigns and single missions then yes you'll get bored of it. If like me you build your own missions and all you fly is multiplayer, apart from regular trainging flights, then you'll find things are neither repetative or boring.

Soldato
As promised, A10-C take off / attack / landing (damaged) video is up.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did flying... fairly new to premiere so don't hate the transitions.

Watch in 720 or 1080P

Back
Top Bottom