DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Ah excellent stuff. Been waiting for Beta 4 as 3 ran like a dog. Keen to see the improvements on this one and the future releases. Have they given any more hints as to a rough release date?

When will it be released? "When it's done" (TM) :)

But seriously it is hard to tell for definite, but I can see everything coming together in the latest testers builds. Stuff like the redone GUI for Single player still needs polish, but all the major features seem to be in now, bar Nevada, which will come later.

The Devs have a habit of delaying their products if they feel it is not polished enough, so it is impossible to say when the final release will be. IMO Beta 4 is in much better shape than some products are on release.

Nate

I'm wondering if i need to upgrade my PC for this game. This is my system at the moment........

Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Q9650 Quad 3.0 GHz (clocked to 3.6GHz) AKASA AK-960 CPU Cooler
ATI 5850
4GB Kingston HyperX RAM
Maxtor 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Sound blaster Audigy 7.1
Antec TPQ-850 TRUE POWER QUATTRO - 850W
Antec Nine Hundred hardcore gaming case
Windows XP PRO 64-bit

Can anyone tell me if this will run the game well, or should i upgrade to the following......

ASUS Rampage III GENE Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Micro-ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 950 3.06Ghz Processor
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3 16000 2000MHz
Windows 7 64-bit
The rest of the system will be what i already have.

What do you think?

Keith.

As .one. has said CPU is king for DCS. But also note Win 7 will offer up a 20% boost due to its better handling of multi core affinity.

Performance is improving with each Beta, with the big push being for FPS in the future betas. It might be wise to wait for the Final release to judge performance, if you are planning to upgrade.

Nate

Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to get the money together for a i7-970 six core at the moment.

I really like the look of this sim and would like to get the best out of it.

Keith.

Any news on the release date yet?

Also, is it true that directX 11 is not going to be used?

Keith.

No news yet, but it can't be that far off now. As for a new DX11 graphic engine, no unfortunately it won't be included. It is in development, but won't make it for Warthog.

Note, due to the way DCS is designed, Warthog will receive the new engine when it is available. Just the same way Black Shark will get everything in Warthog (bar the A-10), in the next DCS:- Black Shark patch.

Nate

Update on Nevada...

Matt Wagner said:
To clarify: the Nevada map will NOT be in the release version of A-10C but we do plan to release it later as a pay-for add-on map. This map will be free to those did the A-10C pre-purchase though. For those that wait for the final, release version, the Nevada map will be a separate purchase.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1086598&postcount=141

Nate

Hmm, I haven't touched a flight sim in a good 3 years now. I have 1000s of hours in Falcon 4.0 - played it since it game out in '98 up till about 3 years ago.

I liked DCS: Black shark, but found it hard to control using a thrustmaster cougar (I fly RC helicopters as my hobby, so it's not that I can't control the heli :D).

This DCS A-10C may get me back into simming :)

An interview with one of the producers ....

http://games.on.net/article/11576/Developer_Interview_DCS_A10Cs_Jim_Mackonochie

games.on.net: Any firm release dates in mind? Christmas 2010 has been and gone ;)

Jim Mackonochie: The download version will be released in late February. The boxed version will be available, dependant on territory, within 2 to 3 months later.

games.on.net: Anything else you'd like to add?

Jim Mackonochie: Coding has already started on the next aircraft in the DCS series. All I can say is that it will be a USA fixed wing aircraft!

Nate

Back
Top Bottom