DDR5 is here, first kits on sale in July

Soldato
DDR5 now available on OcUK. :)

@Gibbo Any idea when the Corsair DDR5 kits will be available to pre-order? Or did the initial batch sell out already?

Considering ordering the only available kit I can see (Teamgroup) so I can at least post and play around with it, until I can source a better kit.

Soldato
I am wondering exactly about same...

Update. Spoke with OCUK - DDR5 due in stock in December.. I was advised to get whatever DDR5 I can, as stock is so short.

Picked up an in stock cheap as chips 16GB 4800Mhz kit today as a temporary measure, while I wait for a 32GB 5600Mhz+ kit to be available to preorder on OCUK.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
DDR5 by default runs at very low voltages, so chances are if you keep the RAM completely stick it can survive with no heatsink.
It will still get hot, but maybe not hot enough to be a problem. This RAM is intended for OEM use, not for gamers.

Overclocking DDR5 is a whole other story, DDR5 requires 1.8v to 1.9v to reach 8000mt/s for overclocking so if you plan on having fast RAM it will need cooling.

Associate
Update. Spoke with OCUK - DDR5 due in stock in December.. I was advised to get whatever DDR5 I can, as stock is so short.

Picked up an in stock cheap as chips 16GB 4800Mhz kit today as a temporary measure, while I wait for a 32GB 5600Mhz+ kit to be available to preorder on OCUK.

I was thinking DDR5 was going to be in short supply lot of publicity but very little stock just like graphic cards

Associate
RAM availability is whats keeping me from buying the 12700k and motherboard at the mo.

Me too, I've been waiting for DDR5 to become in stock before i jump on the alder lake but by the time it becomes available zen4 will probably be out by then lol.

Back
Top Bottom