DDR5 is here, first kits on sale in July

Associate
Well... I got fed up of waiting for pre-order from OCUK so have pre-ordered from another well known online shop. Due in on the 10th Dec.

Is this minus a heatsink? I'm tempted to go for it and potentially upgrade next year. Even still, I'm waiting on the O11 Air Mini which has an ETA of 15/12

Soldato
I think we will see a lot upgraders just going with the DDR4 boards for now from the looks of things i can not see a change for at least 12 months or more and it takes two years or more for refinement to the dimms to get good timings and speeds also.

Im going to leave it until it becomes the norm, people who jump on them first will see the least upgrade from the best ddr4

Associate
Is this minus a heatsink? I'm tempted to go for it and potentially upgrade next year. Even still, I'm waiting on the O11 Air Mini which has an ETA of 15/12

Sorry m8, just got home. Yes, minus heatsink. I don't really give a flying * at the moment... just want some damn memory. ;) Will do with this crud until the fast stuff comes out next year. If OCUK comes up with the mem I want then fair enough, I will order. Really damn fed up with no news from anyone! :(

BTW, got the O11 XL... fantastic case!!! ;)

Associate
I must've miised that then and it couldn't have been one of the ones I've got a notify for.

In my impatience I've slapped an order on a foreign website, but it's a more preferred speed/CL but still looking like >2 weeks :(

Associate
Ok... so been waiting for what seemed an age for the TeamGroup 6200Mhz to come into stock. I had been checking every half hour while I could/awake (lol) since they were showing on OCUK. So just before lunch, refresh... still not on sale. Came back from lunch and OMG there is only 3 left so on the phone right there and then... of course I waited for the longest time (prob not, but seemed ;)), then saw them go down to 2...panic starts to set in. I did manage to get in with only 2 remaining.

That's it.. PC complete! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so been waiting for what seemed an age for the TeamGroup 6200Mhz to come into stock. Been checking every half hour while I could since they were showing on OCUK. So just before lunch, refresh... still not on sale. Came back from lunch to and OMG there is only 3 left so on the phone right there and then... of course waited for the longest time (prob not, but seemed ;)), then saw them go down to 2...panic starts to set in. I did manage to get in with only 2 remaining.

Same I had to buy mine on the phone as I couldnt remember my password got my order received email so I no it has gone though just waiting on the invoice now ..

Soldato
I've been checking since I got my mobo no were I've seen had any until. I had a look on OCUK yesterday lunchtime and seen a couple of different brand s.lucky enough to get 32g of teamgroup elite . Cost £400 but better to have than sit and look at all your goodies not being able to put it on .

Associate
I've been checking since I got my mobo no were I've seen had any until. I had a look on OCUK yesterday lunchtime and seen a couple of different brand s.lucky enough to get 32g of teamgroup elite . Cost £400 but better to have than sit and look at all your goodies not being able to put it on .
What speed did £400 get you?

Edit - Just seen the Elite is 4800MHz. **** that.

Associate
Just browsing the web as you do, looking for a reason to wait and came across this review https://wccftech.com/review/g-skill...00-mhz-cl36-memory-kit-review-now-thats-fast/

It sings my song and boosts my confidence in going to DDR5 even from the get go

Basically if you don't want to click it
DDR5 > DDR4 in all scenarios as long as its > 4800Mhz (DDR4 only betters 4800 CL40 in super PI)

So I will continue to be patient LOL

Associate
Ok... so been waiting for what seemed an age for the TeamGroup 6200Mhz to come into stock. I had been checking every half hour while I could/awake (lol) since they were showing on OCUK. So just before lunch, refresh... still not on sale. Came back from lunch and OMG there is only 3 left so on the phone right there and then... of course I waited for the longest time (prob not, but seemed ;)), then saw them go down to 2...panic starts to set in. I did manage to get in with only 2 remaining.

This is funny.
I saw the same .....3 ...down to 1 (you bought 1), and then I bought the last one :D

Associate
Been searching all UK sites for past 4 weeks. 3x a day and I never seen any come up.
Have board an cpu, just no DDR5. I usually only buy Gigabyte hardware, I'm at the point now I don't care what vendor or price (within reason)
Praying to the RAM gods some appears soon!

Back
Top Bottom