Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
Played this until the start of chapter 2 today and it was a pretty smooth experience overall. DLSS and VRS seem to add some blur to the overall image at 1440p. So disabled VRS and put on sharpening in the nvidia control panel. There is some stuttering but not the seconds long as mentioned above so did what is mentioned online and made sure I was happy with my settings, then deleted the cache and restarted the game. Finally turn off afterburner and the on screen overlay as they seem to cause the odd stutter here and there and just enjoy the game.

Soldato
You must be trolling, Google tells me it's only 20% slower than a 5700x3d. Besides, deadspace should not be maxing my cpu, especially if a series s can run it :D .
20% sounds like wishful thinking - maybe in purely multithreaded scenarios but games are rarely that and so I would expect to see bigger gains. Plus the 5700X3D is hardly top tier itself - you could also move platform to a 7800X3D or 14700K and see much bigger gains :)

The game seemingly played better on my 8c16t ancient i7 5960X (@ 4.3GHz) than your experience - it was still bottlenecking the 3080 in places with some minor stutters. It also was hitting up to 80% CPU usage so maybe there is something else going on with your own system

Soldato
20% sounds like wishful thinking - maybe in purely multithreaded scenarios but games are rarely that and so I would expect to see bigger gains. Plus the 5700X3D is hardly top tier itself - you could also move platform to a 7800X3D or 14700K and see much bigger gains :)

The game seemingly played better on my 8c16t ancient i7 5960X (@ 4.3GHz) than your experience - it was still bottlenecking the 3080 in places with some minor stutters. It also was hitting up to 80% CPU usage so maybe there is something else going on with your own system
Maybe, but every other game I play runs fine. I couldn't tell you my most current game though.

Soldato
Well after a bit more googling, comparing the 3700x to the 5800x3d, it looks like anywhere from 25-50% faster at the resolutions I play at (1440 ultra wide and 1080). There's not that many direct comparisons though which surprises me, I did play starfield recently which I had to mess with the setting ls but I assumed that was just typical Bethesda.

Soldato
Well after a bit more googling, comparing the 3700x to the 5800x3d, it looks like anywhere from 25-50% faster at the resolutions I play at (1440 ultra wide and 1080). There's not that many direct comparisons though which surprises me, I did play starfield recently which I had to mess with the setting ls but I assumed that was just typical Bethesda.

I moved from a 3700x to a 5800x3D and it was easily the biggest jump in system performance I've seen in PC gaming since we all moved from mechanical HDDs to SSD/NVME drives.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Can happily report The Callisto Protocol doesn't suffer from the micro stutters that Dead Space has!

I have a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest BIOS and drivers, only DS and TCP installed, and only DS micro stutters when entering new big areas every now and again - but never happens during combat/general gameplay, just merely going through a door/down a stairs every so often... TCP however is flawless - I'd heard it did the same issues, and when panning the camera - not for me on whatever the latest steam version with the DLC is :)

I have MSI Afterburner/Riva turned off, dunno if that makes any difference but thought I'd try it - made no difference to DS unlike what people claim online. But have left it off anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom