Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
I've got Dead Space (2023) installed on my system is that the same as the Dead Space remake? I got it free with a £20 yearly subscription to EA Play.

Permabanned
Didn't quite make it for me. Fun game, but i just can't endorse it, sorry :cry:
Mental. I'm guessing you didn't do the original 3 on release then? They were awesome as you couldn't just pause like a resi to equip health/items etc etc and really had to think on your feet. And the atmosphere/setting/plot ticks all the usual boxes for any Alien etc fan.

It is the dream remake of one of the best games ever, and TCP is like the same game in an alt universe in a prison with a wicked cast. So we basically got 2 versions of dead space at the same time with the same beautiful engine, and dicks like ign moaned TCP felt like DS etc... Well DUH? It's by the same people, written to literally give the fans more of what they want in a 4th wall break different universe? Meanwhile they'll give linear button mashing trash like Dark Souls high ratings...

I just love that we asked them for it for years and they did it, just like with the Resi's. Love that when a dev cares about it's fans/legacy and redoes it so it can be enjoyed yet again even better and for longer without aging.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mental. I'm guessing you didn't do the original 3 on release then? They were awesome as you couldn't just pause like a resi to equip health/items etc etc and really had to think on your feet. And the atmosphere/setting/plot ticks all the usual boxes for any Alien etc fan.

It is the dream remake of one of the best games ever, and TCP is like the same game in an alt universe in a prison with a wicked cast. So we basically got 2 versions of dead space at the same time with the same beautiful engine, and dicks like ign moaned TCP felt like DS etc... Well DUH? It's by the same people, written to literally give the fans more of what they want in a 4th wall break different universe? Meanwhile they'll give linear button mashing trash like Dark Souls high ratings...

I just love that we asked them for it for years and they did it, just like with the Resi's. Love that when a dev cares about it's fans/legacy and redoes it so it can be enjoyed yet again even better and for longer without aging.

I do have the originals. They just are not as memorable as Resi games for me unfortunately.

Permabanned
I do have the originals. They just are not as memorable as Resi games for me unfortunately.
Other than the perfection that was Alien Isolation, I don't think anything has managed to do what DS did at the time or now, space horror/atmosphere wise. It definitely slays other horror games in general bar the Resi's, however I would say despite being a die hard resi fan, I'd say DS beats Resi's in terms of genuine jumps/fear/tension/severity vs the good but jokey/silly easy to run through factor of Resi's... DS is definitely more tense/take your time and be very careful, then you're screwed and thinking very fast as you can't cheat and inventory system pause to heal/change weapons/reload/map etc etc...
However I still adore Resi's and their remakes, despite the cartoonish cheese/tension.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had to get a refund for Dead Space Remake, an absolute ball ache getting it to run through EPIC, as the two launchers weren't talking to each other properly...

EA APP not ready, EPIC not ready, game not ready zzzzzzzzz

• Haha
Soldato
Started playing it today and I've been having terrible stuttering problems.
Sometimes it runs smooth as silk, then at times it looks like the game has crash because nothing happens for several seconds.
The opening sequence "landing" on the Isimura turned into a slide show in places with the audio desynced.

These are the settings i'm using. Playing the game in borderless.

hTSd9qe.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
what system spec? I played through mostly fine at release but testing on the 3080 at the time showed some areas where perf appeared to be limited by VRAM. The game also had some minor traversal stutter for me which maybe be worse on diff systems.

Soldato
1 guy on reddit advised, turning my settings down to high, turning off motion blur and clearing the cache.
That seemed to clear up my problem. But the weird things is that I threw everything back on ultra and it ran fine.

Not had much time to properly test it out. But I'm disappointed I'm getting these problems considering the amount of time this game has been out.

Caporegime
1 guy on reddit advised, turning my settings down to high, turning off motion blur and clearing the cache.
That seemed to clear up my problem. But the weird things is that I threw everything back on ultra and it ran fine.

Not had much time to properly test it out. But I'm disappointed I'm getting these problems considering the amount of time this game has been out.
Digital Foundry said it hadn't ever been solved

Soldato
I bought this in September on steam but only tried it last week. Can't get a refund but game is unplayable. I had to turn fsr onto performance (which looked ****) as it maxing out all 16 of my cores on a 3700x (so hardly a slow cpu). I'm using a 6900xt and gaming at 1080p and it's still not smooth. I've given up on it as the stuttering is atrocious. Bit annoyed I couldn't get a refund despite having played less than 2 hours on it.

Back
Top Bottom