Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

excellent timing. I've got a mates son and friends coming over for a birthday party in the cinema on friday as their house is currently being renovated and no options for social space.

Managed to sit through the entirety of dead pool 1 and 2 without wanting to top myself (my usual reaction to watching anything superhero related) but had to turn this off after an hour it was so bad.

I tried, I really did but it really does sum up everything I hate about superhero films and comic book culture in general.

What the hell was the point of having Wesley Snipes in as Blade ? I swear to god these types of films are so turd they have to chuck in random cameos which make no sense just to keep the weird nerd demographic happy (“oh my gosh guys, it’s blade, so epic”)

Also sick to death of Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds.

Last edited:
Managed to sit through the entirety of dead pool 1 and 2 without wanting to top myself (my usual reaction to watching anything superhero related) but had to turn this off after an hour it was so bad.

I tried, I really did but it really does sun up everything I hate about superhero films and comic book culture in general.

What the hell was the point of having Wesley snipes in as Blade ? I swear to god these types of films are so turd they have to chuck in random cameos which make no sense just to keep the weird nerd demographic happy (“oh my gosh guys, it’s blade, so epic”)

Why pay to watch if it's not your thing :confused:

:p

You just like torturing yourself then?

Yes but that's another subject altogether

Im sure people here have had to watch films they don't like ? Go on a date, get dragged to some crappy Katherine Heigl romcom etc

You do your time in order to please others and pray you come out the other side with your sanity still intact... then the next day you go and have a big old cry about it to a bunch of middle aged men on an overclocking forum.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with @imtoooldforthis - it was a slog and I was glad when it was over. I mean come on talk about a stretch for the plot. I watched it in one of the Dolby Vision cinemas at the Trafford Centre though which helped. Been ages since I went to the pics but man, the sound and picture are awesome! And deafening.

I agree wholeheartedly with @imtoooldforthis - it was a slog and I was glad when it was over. I mean come on talk about a stretch for the plot. I watched it in one of the Dolby Vision cinemas at the Trafford Centre though which helped. Been ages since I went to the pics but man, the sound and picture are awesome! And deafening.
Also agree with the both of you. Some ok action scenes, but story was just lost on me. I actually enjoyed seeing Snipes back as Blade though, being a Blade movie fan. We weren't swamped with superhero movies back then. Also, IIRC Blade was the one of the first 18 rated superhero movies.

I tried, I really did but it really does sum up everything I hate about superhero films and comic book culture in general.

What the hell was the point of having Wesley Snipes in as Blade ? I swear to god these types of films are so turd they have to chuck in random cameos which make no sense just to keep the weird nerd demographic happy (“oh my gosh guys, it’s blade, so epic”)

Just a stab in the dark, but i'm not sure Deadpool is for you dude... maybe in the spare time you have watch something in a genre you DO like?!?!

I'm mostly with @imtoooldforthis

Not massively into superhero films but dont mind the odd ones, The Crow, Nolan Batmans etc, some of the earlier standalone Marvels ( pre MCU Blade , Guardians of the Galaxy , Iron Man etc ) , ones that arent weighed down with the whole linked up MCU'ness and pointless cameos. Same goes for the god awful Snyder esq DCU.

This was very meh , enjoyed the first 2 , but this was barely a film, just a collection of sketches, should have been called Deadpool and Friends and released as a Xmas special. Not quite as bad as that Star Wars one, but its in the same ballpark. We get Ryan Reynolds Deadpool shtick in every single bloody Ryan Reynolds film, its very tired now.

Glad they called out the Multiverse codswallop at the end , all the way through all I could think was god the Multiverse cack is so tiresome, give it a rest Marvel.

And poor Wesley Snipes, now a skinny old dude with no presence at all. Hopefully the MCU esq Blade never happens with or without him.

Last edited:
I get those who are criticising this film.. if you take it in terms of a good movie.. then it's complete pants, but then again so were the first two..

It's the Ryan Reynolds show, and personally in this I find him quite funny, and the p-take out of both the franchise and the publishers .. although done now in previous movies.. is still funny to me..

As for the cameos, no Welsey can't really be Blade anymore, but even then only the first of those movies is half decent.. the others are complete rubbish, but there is a certain nostalgia to it.. that I enjoyed..

No idea what gambit is doing in there..

but nice to see Electra again..

and the whole captain america .. human torch thing... I thought was hilarious..

It is what it is.. a great movie.. no.. 2 hours of turn your brain off and enjoy/chuckle/(yes geek out on the cameos ;) ) .. to me yes...

And totally agree the multiverse has been done to death now.. just let it die!!!!!

e: a bit more cameo enjoyment stuff.. sry..

Last edited:

Have to agree, he's just one of those actors where even when he's being interviewed he seems to be 'in character'. Jeff Goldblum is sort of the same way, takes the whole 'quirky' gimmick he's had going for years now to really weird levels and he seems the same on screen as he is off it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom