Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

Finally caught it over the weekend. Every single easter egg was ruined by all the wonderful people whose entire means of self validation is collecting their virtual likes and hearts on social media posting spoiler clips/pics, and all the algorithms shoving them in my face. Really wish I could've seen it blind, but oh well.

As for the film itself, on reflection it was pretty hollow.

The plot was kinda non-existent, and I was expecting it to bridge the gap between the former Fox universe and the MCU a bit more than it did. The action scenes got a bit fan service-y too towards the end, and they didn't really add anything to the already thin story.

I found it a little flat. Funny in places though. As has been said already, too much time fighting with each other instead of fighting for a reason. I thought that was needless.

Went to see this again this evening with my son and I'm having to revise my slightly negative opinion. In my defence I went after a flight back from holiday and to keep myself awake until that night. I must have been more tired than I thought as I picked up more of the quips and a few more cameos this time round!

I thoroughly enjoyed it this time round although my comment about them spending too much time fighting each other still stands!

Last edited:
I saw this randomly on facebook:

CWYJsUJ.jpeg

which seems to be taken from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_superhero_films

It's now at number 8. I reckon it will climb 1 more position before leaving cinemas and end just behind Black Panther.

Punching well above it's weight in my opinion, especially considering the next highest deadpool film is at 29 (the sequel) and for Logan it's 36 (X-men: DOFP). But impressive, nonethless

rp2000

Last edited:
The audience reaction to seeing Snipes as Blade again, wow.

The industry seemed to throw him under a bus 20 years ago. Marvel can't seem to figure out what to do with the reboot, cancellations, actors walking away over more woke nonsense etc. Well the audience know what they want.

Last edited:
The audience reaction to seeing Snipes as Blade again, wow.

The industry seemed to throw him under a bus 20 years ago. Marvel can't seem to figure out what to do with the reboot, cancellations, actors walking away over more woke nonsense etc. Well the audience know what they want.
I don't think they threw him under a bus.

He acted like a complete diva on the set of
Blade: Trinity
so Hollywood suddenly had no reason to cast him, and then ended up in prison a few years after that.

Last edited:
Yeah I love Snipes as Blade but the guy is a complete tool. They literally had to CGI a shot of him opening his eyes in the last Blade because he refused to open them.
Is that actually true?! Incredible, I love how petty this is. This is something my 2 year old daughter would do.

Not sure how true those stories are tbh. Ryan Reynolds was the one who brought him in to Deadpool 3 personally and had to push Disney to do it, so it can't have been that bad. I think it was the project itself which was a disaster.

There are also a number of versions of that ending scene too which were unfinished (found on the DVD extras). I don't think that is the one which was used from what I remember.

Last edited:
Not sure how true those stories are tbh. Ryan Reynolds was the one who brought him in to Deadpool 3 personally and had to push Disney to do it, so it can't have been that bad. I think it was the project itself which was a disaster.

There are also a number of versions of that ending scene too which were unfinished (found on the DVD extras). I don't think that is the one which was used from what I remember.
Director - David S. Goyer:

That was the most personally and professionally difficult and painful thing I've ever been through,” said Goyer. “Having said that, I have incredibly fond memories of working with Ryan [Reynolds] and Jessica [Biel] and a lot of people on the movie. Ryan and I remain really good friends today. It was a challenged shoot, as has been reported. What can I say?”

A long shot, but I figured I might as well ask: has Goyer spoken to Wesley Snipes since?

“No, no,” he responded grimly. “We've never spoken again.”

Conversely my wife and I absolutely loved it! But it really is my sort of humour. The concept of the film is complete trash but it basically was 2 mates wanting to do a movie together and have a laugh. It worked for me.
Likewise, I finally got to watch it this evening having successfully avoided all of the spoilers since it was released and I absolutely loved it. I think I enjoyed it almost as much as the first movie and one of the best movies to come out of Marvel since End Game.

Back
Top Bottom