Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

I saw this yesterday. It was OK, there were a couple of good laughs but I thought there was a bit more emphasis on pop culture / MCU humour than ‘out and out silliness’.

If you go back to the original, there’s that scene where he takes off his mask to reveal a paper mask of Wolverine. More than half of the humour here is not ‘pop culture’ but just the fact how ridiculous it is that he’s wearing it. I’m not sure if it’s because there is less of it, but sort of humour doesn’t hit as hard in D&W.

The other sort of humour that’s missing is the ‘feeling of ambivalence’. Everything in D&W feels very carefully engineered and at times a little forced… perhaps that’s only because the original felt so fresh.

I had similar feelings with DP2 so if you liked that, you’ll have a great time with this probably.

7/10

P.s. I actually found the Hot Ones (hot wings) challenge they did recently on YouTube pretty funny so that’s worth a watch.

Last edited:
The opening credit scene with the Nsync track is brilliant.

Went a bit heavy after that before getting back into it's stride

Flame on - had me lol in the cinema, did not expect that

Blade!

Henry Cavill - double fist lock and load got a lol too.

Fight scene in Honda and also The Greatest Showman

Paul Rudd joke

Wolverine in his yellow suit and the face cover reveal was awesome.

Jackman - too much swearing for such a great character, think it went overboard and tainted him a bit.

Good, but not a patch on the first movie.

Last edited:
Solid 8/10 for me some good surprises but as usual they did spoil a lot in trailer.

Won't be for long. I can imagine the rubbish they'll call Secret Wars

I just hope it keeps more to the original with a slight multiverse twist to allow alternative characters/some returns.
The most interesting part (if they do keep to the original), is they obviously had an Avengers team (which we have a version of), and X-men team (only the old ones so far), Magneto (but which) - but a whole loads of villains they haven't introduced yet. How do you get around this?

Saw this earlier:

55 Movies have passed the $1 Billion mark and Disney has 31 of them (including 3 Fox movies). The MCU has 11 movies with $1B+

:eek:

This is set to become the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time globally, which I find an interesting fact

Back
Top Bottom