• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DEAL OF THE CENTURY - Sapphire X1800 XT @ £145 !!!

Soldato
goddamn damn u Gibbo !!!!!!!!! :mad: i just paid for it @ £169 + vat on Friday on now you have lowered it by £25 ........grrrrrrrrrr

Gibbo said:
Nope these won't cause any issues as they are brand new, we have plenty and now our system are fully working. :)

These are gonna sell like hot cakes though! :D

not had a chance to look inside my box properly yet but didn't notice and game discs ........ but what issues are you refering to and would my card be the new stock or old stock ?

Caporegime
Yeah im playing it 1280x1024 (TFT), maximum distance, grass etc.... all shadows maxed/on, 2xAA+HDR, only thing i left on default is the actor fade, object fade, i.e never touched those settings just left em as they were, and its running sweet for me, and looks amazing. :cool:

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah im playing it 1280x1024 (TFT), maximum distance, grass etc.... all shadows maxed/on, 2xAA+HDR, only thing i left on default is the actor fade, object fade, i.e never touched those settings just left em as they were, and its running sweet for me, and looks amazing. :cool:
Will do, these cards are bloody fantastic. :cool: I hopefully just got rid of at least some of my damn CPU my bottleneck too by overclocking to 2.6GHz. :D

Associate
Erm....I may not be the first to say this but not everyone is eligible for exemption from VAT. Why have you forgotten to add it to that price in the thread title there? I think it's unfair to entice people to the thread like that and then drop the bombshell about the need to still pay a bit more than this 'fantastic £145'.

Sure, £178 inc delivery is decent for an X1800XT but...

Associate
TALON1973 said:
goddamn damn u Gibbo !!!!!!!!! :mad: i just paid for it @ £169 + vat on Friday on now you have lowered it by £25 ........grrrrrrrrrr

got to agree to an extent. I bought one on the 6th for £163.95 + VAT on a "This week only" offer that was never to be repeated. The following week they went down by a fiver on "This week only", went up slightly the following week and now we're back down to sub £150 on "This week only". You guys are starting to sound like DFS....

Soldato
zytok said:
got to agree to an extent. I bought one on the 6th for £163.95 + VAT on a "This week only" offer that was never to be repeated. The following week they went down by a fiver on "This week only", went up slightly the following week and now we're back down to sub £150 on "This week only". You guys are starting to sound like DFS....
I have to agree too, Gibbo told me these were going up £20 after they were on This Week Only just before easter, so I bought one. Now I wish I had held-off, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Suspended
glen8 said:
Might be wrong here, but will the new release of the catalyst drivers enable crossfire without the need for a master card?

If so, do you think I should buy two of these?

I wouldn't risk it, what if the no master Crossfire drivers are never released? You'll have a unusable videocard. I would get a slave (or a master first) then try to find a master

To have Crossfire you need a 480 or 580 motherboard also.

Soldato
sharingan_sasuk said:
Erm....I may not be the first to say this but not everyone is eligible for exemption from VAT. Why have you forgotten to add it to that price in the thread title there? I think it's unfair to entice people to the thread like that and then drop the bombshell about the need to still pay a bit more than this 'fantastic £145'.

Sure, £178 inc delivery is decent for an X1800XT but...

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if OCUK had a 'NO VAT' day ;)

Soldato
squiffy said:
I wouldn't risk it, what if the no master Crossfire drivers are never released? You'll have a unusable videocard. I would get a slave (or a master first) then try to find a master

To have Crossfire you need a 480 or 580 motherboard also.

Just bought a 580 motherboard. I'm still undecided about what to do.

On the one hand this is a good deal but it's still not the card I really want. I want the HIS x1900xtx but it's twice the price :(

again, should I wait for the next-gen cards?

Associate
glen8 said:
Just bought a 580 motherboard. I'm still undecided about what to do.

On the one hand this is a good deal but it's still not the card I really want. I want the HIS x1900xtx but it's twice the price :(

again, should I wait for the next-gen cards?

You're certainly not gonna get twice the performance, not even 50% more so don't know how you can justify the extra expense unless you've got money burning a hole. Next-gen cards are a way off yet and are gonna be very expensive at first. Get an x1800 now, play everything at decent fps and then save the money for your next upgrade.

Soldato
zytok said:
You're certainly not gonna get twice the performance, not even 50% more so don't know how you can justify the extra expense unless you've got money burning a hole. Next-gen cards are a way off yet and are gonna be very expensive at first. Get an x1800 now, play everything at decent fps and then save the money for your next upgrade.

Yeah I'm starting to think that. The only problem is I'll always be thinking if I should have got the 1900

The main game I play is GTR and i'll be getting GTR2 when it's out. I also like COD2, Far Cry, HL2, Quake4 and Doom3

Associate
glen8 said:
Yeah I'm starting to think that. The only problem is I'll always be thinking if I should have got the 1900

The main game I play is GTR and i'll be getting GTR2 when it's out. I also like COD2, Far Cry, HL2, Quake4 and Doom3

This card will max those games easy at 1280x1024. With eye candy on ;)
This price is amazing tbh. Just over two years ago I paid £169 for a 9800SE AIW from OCUK!

Associate
Killajaz said:
This card will max those games easy at 1280x1024. With eye candy on ;)
This price is amazing tbh. Just over two years ago I paid £169 for a 9800SE AIW from OCUK!

agreed. As for regretting getting an X1900, why not regret not buying a quad SLI system? Surely the key for most people buying graphics cards is to get the best bang for buck and I don't think even the most avid nVidia fanboy can argue that at this price, nothing comes close.

Back
Top Bottom