Dear technical support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
The full retail version is pretty expensive, though, if I remember correctly. It might be better to download some freeware, giving you the same basic functionality, albeit at a higher risk. I've heard some good things about CoatHanger 2.1 and CarAerial 1.6.

(Ouch... a little bad taste never hurt anyone though, right?!)

I've heard of bad things happening to Wife 1.0 (and indeed Girlfriend x.x on which much of the sourcecode is shared), Everything seems fine for ages but then the thing leaks badly. It has been known to take things back to an unwanted state of amelaHanderson x.x.

as an aside has anyone used the Openwife, which i think was based on some popular legacy code from the 70's.

Associate
I made the mistake of installing PamelaAnderson1.1 and found that the intro once the exe was opened was far to slow. I later changed to Girlfriend 1.0. So far, although old technology, nearly two years now, it runs fine for the time being. When it does occasionally have some glitches, i use the program, putonesfootdown 1.0. I find this usually sorts the problem out. Fortunatly Girlfriend 1.0 generaly works well with Drinkingfriends 1.3, and system performance can be sustained at a high level of efficiency. However there is a bug in girlfriend 1.0 that can really get on my nerves. Its known via Putonesfootdown 1.0 as clingy.dll. This can be very anoying as there is not that much one can do about it, except press the reset button. At the moment, Education-degree5.3 must have all available resouces at its disposal so that one can upgrade to paypacket9.0 at a later date.

Soldato
I have Girlfriend v1.1, and the application was running perfectly until recently until it started throwing up error messages in a language I didn't understand. There was no way to stop them except having Compliments 2 and Jewellery 5 permanently resident, but these background processes use a lot of resources and interfere with my daily use of the system.

I'm tempted to revert to Girlfriend 1.0. This version is generally stable but the software is generally extremely bloated and keeps installing new components which I don't need. I value the stability but whenever I'm using it adverts keep popping up for the new version with a better-looking and more streamlined user interface.

I also disabled the 'skins' feature on both versions as it uses a lot of resources and I find the basic undecorated version easier to access.

Last edited:
Soldato
My wife1.0 commit'ment charge is extremely high... she wont leave me alone...

Ive heard reducing the number of her processes can solve this... but i want to maximise her usage.

Associate
I've just invested in an old copy of Dirtbag '04, it lets you install several versions of Girlfriend 1.05-2.3 on top of each other, I've got two installed at the minute, thought it might be best to put them on separate partitions though.

Associate
Piggy is extra-ickle and it's the Small Form Factor subforum.

Hehehehehehe :D

You want to to be carefull mate, the Girlfriend 1.0 and upwards do not comply with eachother. You might find that if they do disscover eachother, you will be in line for a complete system failure. Besides, doesnt having two versions of girlfriend installed use twice the Bankbalance1.2 resources?

Associate
It would, but they compete for system resources, so they both operate highly effenciently, meaning Bankbalance runs quite smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom