Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They just wanted me to admit to something I hadn't done. They didn't even have any real proof that I was at the said kebab shop.

Cops are chancers at times. I got pulled over not too long back because apparently I was 'witnessed' using my mobile when driving. They pulled me and started coming out with all manner of **** about how they saw it lcear as day and how they had it all on video as I passed them. They weren't too happy when I told them they were either mistaken or outright making **** up because I didn't even have a phone with me. When I asked to see the video they claimed to have, that's when they started getting all sarcy and shirty with me, wasted a good hour checking every piece of paperwork and everything on the car they could in the hope they could stitch me up with something to justify their bullflop. Didn't work though, everything is legal and the car is in showroom condition.

Man of Honour
That is amazing. Just what did Kathleens' bike do to them to make them so angry?!

I thought that they were auditioning for the most unintelligible gob***** in the Free State.
I had to laugh at the one with his hoodie covering half of his face,
he probably thought, “If I can’t see them, they can’t see me.”

Soldato
Looks like the guy who ran over that police officer was almost certainly a *****.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...death-charge-man-20-with-murder-a4216736.html

Ten people – all males aged between 13 and 30 – were arrested on suspicion of murder within an hour of the collision at the Four Houses Corner caravan park.

Giving an update on the investigation on Monday, the Crown Prosecution Service said a 20-year-old man has been charged with murder and theft of a quad bike.

Looks as though he was charged with stealing a quad bike and murder, when you look on google maps at the 'Four Houses Corner Caravan Park' it's basically a gypo site.

I wish the Navy or RAF would send some ordinance in it's direction, raze the **** hole to the ground and everyone in it.

Scum of the earth.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Cops are chancers at times. I got pulled over not too long back because apparently I was 'witnessed' using my mobile when driving. They pulled me and started coming out with all manner of **** about how they saw it lcear as day and how they had it all on video as I passed them. They weren't too happy when I told them they were either mistaken or outright making **** up because I didn't even have a phone with me. When I asked to see the video they claimed to have, that's when they started getting all sarcy and shirty with me, wasted a good hour checking every piece of paperwork and everything on the car they could in the hope they could stitch me up with something to justify their bullflop. Didn't work though, everything is legal and the car is in showroom condition.
That's why I don't pull over anymore, just foot down I'm off.

Soldato
that video is pretty much bang on, police need to be preventative not reactionary.

Peeky blinders a show is in my head now, the cops in that show have informers that they know from their local beat who give them tipoffs to crime, I know its fiction but thats the sort of thing that would happen when you have a regular beat officer you get to know.

the police needs a complete cultural change to address this.

Soldato

What cultural change would you like to see? We used to be the country that police leaders from other countries came to for best practice in community/neighbourhood policing. These days, resources are too stretched and an entire shift can find itself tied up at hospitals with mental health jobs or dealing with "missing" persons. If there's a culture change needed anywhere, it's in social services and mental health services.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What cultural change would you like to see? We used to be the country that police leaders from other countries came to for best practice in community/neighbourhood policing. These days, resources are too stretched and an entire shift can find itself tied up at hospitals with mental health jobs or dealing with "missing" persons. If there's a culture change needed anywhere, it's in social services and mental health services.
I think the problem with our public services is the mount of police & NHS staff being paid to do paper work that's sole purpose is to cover their backs in the legal system.

Perhaps it needs a complete overhaul and bringing into the modern world with minimal touch screen checklist apps for front line officers which auto logs the necessary legal documents etc.

Or even those documents are reviewed to see if required and instead have a new public sector legal body set up to decide absolute when cases arise.

Basically less coppers behind desks and more on the front line should help.

Caporegime
354 - 358
:D

('tis only fun - I'd hate to think I was bullying or anything so just tell me to back off anytime :) )

How is any of that relevant to this:

that video is pretty much bang on, police need to be preventative not reactionary.

Peeky blinders a show is in my head now, the cops in that show have informers that they know from their local beat who give them tipoffs to crime, I know its fiction but thats the sort of thing that would happen when you have a regular beat officer you get to know.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom