Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't defend the traveller community, I have never had a nice experience with them and as much as I hear that there are nice ones and don't want to tar all of a certain people with the same brush, I'm not going out of my way to defend them and their chosen culture. As long as people don't get racist.

The just a few bad apples argument has been rolled out beyond plausibility. I question why any good people would chose to live in the community.

Everyone on that camp will know who killed the officer. None will come forward.

Soldato
The just a few bad apples argument has been rolled out beyond plausibility. I question why any good people would chose to live in the community.

Everyone on that camp will know who killed the officer. None will come forward.

Years of inbreeding this is what you get feral and lawless . If you confront one their first reaction is "do you want a bare knuckle fight" . Find an isolated island and move them all there "Anthrax island" comes to mind

Soldato
The reduction in Police numbers has nothing to do with it then?

We have another Cathy Newman in the house.. did I say it was all to do with not passing sentences on repeat offenders? Read what I posted.

You are completely wrong.

The problem is we don't have enough resources or Police officers to find offenders to charge them, as your quote says. A lot of crimes that are reported have 0 lines of enquiry.

Someone smashed your car window in the middle of the night? OK, what do you want the police to do about it? Doesn't matter that we are "soft on crime" if we don't have a criminal to even charge.

1. I didn't say that resources or police numbers weren't a problem.

2. Quite a lot of the time the police don't even follow up on enquires (as you even explain the reason for that in your own post i.e. not enough resources or police).

Most crime is committed by the same few people. Those people need locking up for a long time. At the moment they aren't.

Permabanned
Can be assured they'll get extra tough treatment from now on after what they've done.

Your naivety is overwhelming, countless other serious crimes from these "communities" have been swept under the PC carpet by the UK police hierarchy. (Note I say "hierarchy" not the cops on the street, in general...) Although many seem to be being recruited with a certain bizarre tolerance for lawlessness from ethnic "minorities" as their raison d'etre.

Soldato
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...victims-witnesses-crime-survey-mayor-16760961

I think its obvious the police are focusing on the big crimes. But the problem with not picking up on the anti-social behaviour type of crimes is criminality becomes the normal and it begins to train potential criminals up so eventually there will be more big crimes, possibly overwelming the police.

I blame a lot of this situation on the courts for not passing longer sentences on repeat offenders.

Hit nail on head.

When new york concentrated on crime in the 1990s, they prioritised things like street crime and anti social behaviour, the reasoning was, thats the first rung on the ladder for criminals, you kill it at the root.

Now days we have "acceptable crime".

Soldato
You are completely wrong.

The problem is we don't have enough resources or Police officers to find offenders to charge them, as your quote says. A lot of crimes that are reported have 0 lines of enquiry.

Someone smashed your car window in the middle of the night? OK, what do you want the police to do about it? Doesn't matter that we are "soft on crime" if we don't have a criminal to even charge.

You provide a deterrent.

Make an example of those caught, and keep enough of a visible presence round the clock to make people think its too risky to smash someones car.

Soldato
Your naivety is overwhelming, countless other serious crimes from these "communities" have been swept under the PC carpet by the UK police hierarchy. (Note I say "hierarchy" not the cops on the street, in general...) Although many seem to be being recruited with a certain bizarre tolerance for lawlessness from ethnic "minorities" as their raison d'etre.

But have they had one of their own murdered?

Is that not of a to tally different level?

Associate
I have lived in traveller central for most of my life. I've never seen a site left anywhere near clear, let alone with no trace at all. We get them here often, it's not great when dogs and kids go to parks and then find used toilet roll and human faeces everywhere in bushes. Maybe this is a South East problem though?

Has anyone here had travellers in their town/village that have left no trace? I'd be interested to hear.
Nope , they are constantly round here ( North notts ) on Schools grounds , Club grounds , public car parks, industrial estates and leave nothing but a constant trail of rubbish , human and dog poo and crime in their wake. The rose tinted mystical people crap is just an excuse for the ***** apologists.

Caporegime
We've just had them turned off a site near us. Rocked up on a Saturday afternoon and in the space of an hour I saw them driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway, ignoring right of way on roundabouts, threaten an old bloke who beeped his horn when one pulled out in front of him, fight with security guards in a shop when they were caught shoplifting, not one of their vehicles was taxed or insured.

Council had them turned out within 24 hours. Police did sweet F A. No charges brought.

Permabanned
But have they had one of their own murdered?

Is that not of a to tally different level?

No, the politically correct in the Force will continue to be PC and after much hand wringing the "travelling community" will still enjoy a different approach to you or I if we act similarly unlawfully in our day to day existences. No doubt their defence barristers will cite a different way of life, disadvantaged childhoods, alcohol or drug abuse leading to diminished responsibility, an uncertainty as to the actual murderer, lack of neutral witnesses, blah blah, and some liberal judge will nod sagely and proffer some ridiculously compassionate (and insulting to the officer's family) sentence and advise that their community receives further aid, understanding and tolerance.

What mazes me is that there are obvious votes to be won all over this country if a party took the hard ground and made a vow to change the statute book to be similar to Ireland where their shenanigans are no longer tolerated (and probably why they come over here more in the summer...).

Last edited:
Soldato
A guy called Daniel Bostock did a good video a couple of years ago about the police, and how policing had changed from being a deterrent and having a constant presence in the community, to now being a reactionary force that react after a crime as been committed.

It's very rare that police go out in to the community unless a crime as already been committed, or the public are making a big noise about it. I'll try and find the video later as he goes to one of these community sessions were the local public can talk to the police.

Ok I found the video here.

In my area the local police station was removed, and according to google the nearest police station is roughly 15 minutes away from arriving in my town.

Just having 2 or 3 police walking the streets around this area, talking to local people, holding weekly community sessions would reduce the growing crime in this town. 20 years ago crime was nearly zero. But these days its grown massively all across the town, mainly by this small group of people.

In the recent years I've had a quad stolen from the backyard (apart from a PCSO happened to be walking past and attended I only got a crime number from the police, never saw the police). Since then we've installed CCTV cameras around the outside of the house. I've since spotted people approaching the back gates, jumping over the fence then getting spooked by the yard spotlight coming on. They also lurked around the back yards of the neighbours too.

On the front cameras I helped the police identify a man who had conned his way in to the house of an old woman, who has dementia. Luckily her daughter arrived to find him sitting in the front room. He quickly got up and left. But I was able to see him and his car registration number and he was arrested and taken to court. A repeat offender.

Another crime was 2 lads stole a car and a dog, then the dog jumped out of the car on the road. The 2 lads drove off, then came back to try and get the dog, another car pulled up who was with them. Got their registration plate and passed it on to the woman whos car was stolen (luckily she got the dog back, not sure about the car. But the offender was known via the local facebook group).

This house as been in my family since the 1960s and only in the last 10 years have we felt directly crime.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
It is depressing to note how many hypocritical people decry the declining attitude to law and order in this thread and yet applaud the attack on Owen Jones in another thread.

Man of Honour
That's just how it be.

Okay, are we supposed to nod sagely, and let it be, because that’s how it’s been?

Also to stop them being able to communicate with each other in adjacent cells.

I hope the scum get the book thrown at them and they spend a very long time behind bars.

I wouldn’t hold your breath wolfie.

Killing a police officer has gone too far I think for them to overlook this

Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

There was a story recently of a bunch of "travellers" who turned up at a site and said, "Don't worry about us. We're clean and tidy and all the stereotypes are just stereotypes."

And when they left the place was a bomb site.

I'm sorry but if 99.99999% live up to the stereotypes, I'm not going to lose too much sleep about mis-representing the 0.000001% who don't.

They are scum for the most part. They teach their kids from a very early age that it's acceptable to rob and steal and that the law does not apply to them.

Don’t come on here, telling the truth about them, you know that’s frowned upon.

You are taring all "travellers" with the same brush..... what I'm trying to point out is there are "travellers" who dont deserve to be tared with that brush, and it only makes problems for them, which is not fair. Because they are lovely people.

Can you take your unicorn from my front garden?

The people that defend travellers probably have never been near them. They're the vilest scum you'll ever meet, 99% or them, and the same all over Europe. Mentally deranged and somewhat demonic and extremely destructive in all senses.

I’ve already warned FoxEye about telling it how it is, don’t you start.

Can be assured they'll get extra tough treatment from now on after what they've done.

Yeah, right, and in other predictions, you can be assured that Donald Trump will swim across the Pacific.

Soldato
I lost all respect for the police last year when they turned up at my door step and pushed passed me to get into my property to accuse me of racial hate towards a kebab shop owner. Making threats that I might have to be arrested etc etc (either I do or I don't?). It was all his words against mine and in the end nothing happened after that initial encounter.

All what happened was I had complained about the dodgy food to the kebab shop owner.

Soldato
I lost all respect for the police last year when they turned up at my door step and pushed passed me to get into my property to accuse me of racial hate towards a kebab shop owner. Making threats that I might have to be arrested etc etc (either I do or I don't?). It was all his words against mine and in the end nothing happened after that initial encounter.

All what happened was I had complained about the dodgy food to the kebab shop owner.

That reminds me of a story I was reading yesterday about this girl doing her exams, shes a vegan, and said she didn't like the way halal meat was prepared. The exam board immediately considered her Islamophobic and said she'd made 'obscene racial comments'. The decision eventually got overturned when her school protested and the board apologised. Apart from Islam not being a racist, this politically correct culture as made some people crazy.

Vegetarian student disqualified from GCSE paper for 'obscene racial comments' after she criticised halal meat
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ok-remarks-about-halal-meat-for-a4215746.html

Soldato
That reminds me of a story I was reading yesterday about this girl doing her exams, shes a vegan, and said she didn't like the way halal meat was prepared. The exam board immediately considered her Islamophobic and said she'd made 'obscene racial comments'. The decision eventually got overturned when her school protested and the board apologised. Apart from Islam not being a racist, this politically correct culture as made some people crazy.

Vegetarian student disqualified from GCSE paper for 'obscene racial comments' after she criticised halal meat
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ok-remarks-about-halal-meat-for-a4215746.html

They just wanted me to admit to something I hadn't done. They didn't even have any real proof that I was at the said kebab shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom