DELETED_74993

Associate
Looks very nice. I think if you go to watch this film expecting the same grand scale as The LOTR trilogy then it might be a bit disappointing.

That being said it looks to be a good adventure film with a bit of silliness thrown in.

I read The Hobbit a few years ago so I'm looking forward to this. It should be interesting to see how they manage to make three films out of it.

Soldato
Looks very nice. I think if you go to watch this film expecting the same grand scale as The LOTR trilogy then it might be a bit disappointing.

That being said it looks to be a good adventure film with a bit of silliness thrown in.

I read The Hobbit a few years ago so I'm looking forward to this. It should be interesting to see how they manage to make three films out of it.

It looks like will be a more personal adventure than the huge scope seen in LOTR, which is good. The silliness is in the book for the most part and it turns a bit darker and more ominous towards the end.

Soldato
I'm quite looking forward to this. Three films allows for more Sauron/Necromancer (and Nazgul) goodnesss, seeing as there's plenty of that stuff that isn't shown in the Hobbit other than in passing (e.g. Gandalf sneaking into Dol Guldur and finding out the Necromancer is Sauron himself.

Caporegime
331001_10151214512681558_1487527690_o.jpg

Soldato
Saw the trailer last night whilst at Skyfall. Was excited till I saw who the was playing Billbo. What is Jackson problem with picking whiny babies as his lead role. I will go out on a limb and say he will ruin this film.

Soldato
Ok, so three films is the interesting thing about this...

On the one hand, fantastic, there's no excuse from not sticking to the book, and following it practically to the letter, rather than missing out some of the stuff (thinking ROTK).

On the other hand, I hate the precedent this is setting for Hollywood.

You used to get great classics.

Now a days, 90% of films have a sequel designed to get more and more money, when ultimately there's little real storyline any more, and the films aren't really, that great. Then HP7 came out with it's big two part story line. Which arguably it needed at 700 pages. But Twilight Breaking Dawn certainly didn't need two parts, and the Hobbit certainly doesn't need three parts. The precedent this will set for Hollywood will be three films is ok, and frankly, it's not.

That said, it looks like this should be ok, and it has been long enough since I read the Hobbit that the storyline will be relatively new to me.

kd

Back
Top Bottom