"Delivery" by Amazon

Man of Honour
OP is a Karen, maybe stop buying from Amazon? Some people act like its the only shop these days.

if you're buying online they still use delivery drivers and they don't just have AMAZON on the side of the van.
Yesterdays parcel was delivered by DX Express, earlier in the week by Royal Mail both bought from AMAZON.
DPD have parked outside my drive, looked at what they are delivering and then drove off while I've ran to the end of the street to intercept them because they didn't want to carry heavy speaker cabs.

Associate
I find with Amazon that if something goes wrong in the delivery chain, such a driver forgot to deliver your package so will try next day or got left behind in warehouse, you may as well reorder from scratch.

They're very inflexible in these situations so in my experience the box just sits somewhere indefinitely, when it just requires someone to step aside from their robotic way of working and use some common sense.

Luckily Amazon are very reliable for us, 95% chance it'll be delivered without issue.

Man of Honour
I find with Amazon that if something goes wrong in the delivery chain, such a driver forgot to deliver your package so will try next day or got left behind in warehouse, you may as well reorder from scratch.

This is exactly what happened two weeks ago, he delivered the wrong parcel.
I spent 45 minutes on Amazon Chat where I finally convinced them that I could take the wrong parcel 100 yards down the street to the correct person but I would have to wait 5 days for mine to turn up before claiming.
The driver must have found on on his van and delivered it around 6pm, I had put a note on the door telling him what I'd done and he tore it off.

Soldato
It isn't the Postie, it is the multiple different Royal Mail drivers.
I've even spoke to them on my Blinks and last week on a Ring doorbell but they won't leave them :(

Ah that's unfortunate, the parcel delivery driver is also our postie round here haha. He pops round in the van first, drops off parcels, disappears and then appears an hour or so later on foot with the letters.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Amazon are awful around here, they dont have drivers who seem to be able to cope outside a numbered area, but most importantly the drivers are not consistent so they never get to learn where each house is. Occasionally i'll get a call from a lost driver, the other 90% of the time i get an email saying that no-one was in (there is always someone in). Its bad enough that i try to avoid amazon delivery.

Royal Mail, Hermes, generally the others, all use a consistent driver who knows where everywhere is.

Soldato
There should be a requirement for What3Words to be used if you dont have a house number

I remember years ago whilst Pizza delivering I took call from someone with a house name. Knowing its cold, dark etc and this was supposed to be hot food and the road was about 1.5 mile long and Asked for their house number. " we don't have a number we have a name" Ok what about your neighbours.. " oh they are 54 and 58". Great your number 56 thanks bye

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Had to google that, i think telling people to use that system would cause more confusion than the odd failed delivery by an out of area driver :p

Soldato
Had to google that, i think telling people to use that system would cause more confusion than the odd failed delivery by an out of area driver :p

Its a fantastic system. We use it to locate an A4 sized box when we have to use emergency cover drivers

If used on your phone it links to your navigation app and takes you to within 1 metre.

Great for finding Large animal vets in the middle of the countryside in the dark

Soldato
Our eldest daughter was able to grab a new Xbox and so it was delivered by Amazon.....

IMG-20201220-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201220-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20201220-WA0003.jpg

Someone was in the house all day but they did not ring the bell. It was left outside on the front on a very rainy day. The value of that item and how it was left :mad:

Then today she has had another delivery, not left in the safe place of an unlocked shed - which is indicated on the delivery instructions......

IMG-20201220-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20201220-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20201220-WA0007.jpg

Permabanned
tbh the wires coming out of the letterbox looks a tad dodgy, i would not use that letterbox either. :)

contents look fine, the outer packaging has done its job.

with royal fail most of my stuff is taking 2 weeks to get to me.
amazon over my way if left over the side gate he does at least put the boxes in a plastic sealed bag.

Soldato
Not very secure tho, in respect of leaving a package as they were for all to see, being left outside as the Xbox was for most of the day.
The safe place was accessible and ignored and both deliverers marked as handed to resident.

Point taken on the 12v Crimbo lights, I'll let her know

For us in our area the deliveries have been good. Left within our enclosed front porch of we are out.

Caporegime
OP
Not very secure tho, in respect of leaving a package as they were for all to see, being left outside as the Xbox was for most of the day.
The safe place was accessible and ignored and both deliverers marked as handed to resident.

Point taken on the 12v Crimbo lights, I'll let her know

For us in our area the deliveries have been good. Left within our enclosed front porch of we are out.
Round our way that XBox would probably have been "re-delivered" by some opportunist in about 5 secs flat :p

We have a lot of traffic through our estate, not people that live there but lots of randoms going from A to B.

Caporegime
I think what you're all telling me is that now is a really terrible time to order anything expensive. :p

Otherwise somebody passing by my house is going to have themselves a nice new PC build, completely free of charge :p

A lot of break ins recently huge crime wave spike going on up here at least.

I've had the police come to my door 4-5 times this year and only a few days back requesting me to look through my cameras and send them footage. So it's certainly not good having expensive items on show or lying about in your living room for anyone having a peak through a window to see.

Back
Top Bottom